• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Guess my type! (you know you want to)

anonywuss

Hey everyone, first time poster! :woot: And yes, I plan on abusing every emoticon in your collection. :shock:

So I've taken the mbti about a gazillion times and have frequently come up with different profiles. What I find so frustrating about psychometric instruments is that they basically tell you your self-perception, not necessarily who you really are (only who you think you are). And I do believe temperament is constant and consistent, which creates the aggravation. :steam: It's a hard thing to lock down..

Not sure if this exercise will resolve that, but I think it's worth trying. Here are some self-descriptions that I would use (oh, and I'm a guy, if that helps):

- I used to be very shy, but eventually outgrew it. I now feel comfortable mingling at parties, although I'll never be the life of the party. I'm more sociable when there's a particular objective involved, like at a networking event or finding a date, at which point I can be very charming. But truth be told, I could stay indoors for months and never see anyone and I'd be perfectly fine with that. As long as I have plenty of books. I'm surrounded by books, mostly non-fiction. :reading:
- For work, I can't stand working in repetitive, operational, boring jobs. They suck the life right out of me. I work with ideas and opportunities, so I prefer entrepreneurship. I don't like details, just the big picture vision. I like to create and I like to lead. But my idea of "leadership" is very different from the norm. For me, it's not about control, but liberation. I want to hear everyone's opinion and include everyone in decision making. My role is to hold up that vision and inspire people to follow it. I want to free people from old thinking. :yay:
- I don't handle conflict well. I avoid it as much as possible, to keep the peace. I have been called the peacemaker. So I'm good at resolving other people's conflicts, but don't initiate my own. Sometimes it's necessary to initiate a conflict, but I won't. But if conflict is brought to me, and I mean serious conflict, I will end it. I'm the nicest person you could meet, but if someone broke into my home, threatened my loved ones, I cannot even begin to describe the merciless annihilation I would bring to bear on my enemies. :angry: But other than that, I'm a really nice guy. :hug:
- Love my autonomy, don't like to be controlled. Love the whole concept of freedom and I'm willing to defend other's autonomy.
- People call me serious. I guess that's how I appear, but I don't feel serious inside. I'm very soft, actually. I'm always crying when watching sad movies :puppy_dog_eyes: (alone, of course.. have to hide it when I'm with others). Sometimes, I feel like I'm an infinite well of emotion, but you'd never tell if you met me. Calm, cool, and collected. Especially under pressure. But I never have trouble telling those I love that I love them and in a relationship, I'm often the first to do so.
- By the length of this post, you'd think I'm talkative, but I'm not. I'm mostly quiet, listening carefully. I think I like to listen so that I can read people. I can pick up other people's temperaments pretty quickly by the things they say, even how they say them. I like talking with people one-on-one, getting to know them, helping them any way I can. But I don't often talk to strangers, I'm not one to start a conversation in the checkout line. :unsure:
- Deadlines. Love them, as long as I can move them at will. I'm very goal/achievement oriented, but I want to do things in my own time, at my own pace, based on whatever I've prioritized at the moment. If I'm honest with myself, I can be a big procrastinator. I only work on what I think is valuable at the moment, which means paying the bills can wait until tomorrow (i.e.: until they're late). :rolli:
- My place is always mess, but I don't care. Unless someone's coming over, then everything gets magically arranged. :)
- Presentations. Love doing them, as long as it's to seven people or less. Any more than that will start causing extreme anxiety :cry: (probably because I can't read more than seven people at once). Although I always have this fantasy of giving an inspirational presentation to a large group.
- I'm good at predicting trends, so much so that sometimes I think I'm bordering on psychic. I get premonitions and hunches that often come true. :holy: I'm not religious, but I do feel a bizarre 'cosmic connection' that I find hard to explain, given my penchant for science. It's shocking how many important decisions I make in my life based on a gut feel.

So there you have it, me in a nutshell. Looking forward to your MBTI assessments.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTP by title and first sentence alone

P

Phantonym

INFJ. Maybe. :) Helpful, isn't it. :laugh: Oh yeah, this is going to be fun, I just noticed Thursday's post. :popc1:

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
Woah...colorful.

I'm guessing INFP.

You should also look up each cognitive function to get a better understanding of each type and see which functions you fit with best. Judging by just the type descriptions and the 4 letters isn't very reliable.

A good place to start is here.

anonywuss

Thanks everyone, I wasn't expecting to get replies so quickly! I was actually going to come back tomorrow to check for replies..

@Thursday: Yes, I wrestled with that baiting title. :) What can I say, I like marketing.

@Sky is Blue: Enjoy the show! I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this.

@am_i_evil666: Possibly.

@RBounce: Checked out the cognitive processes, and I'm leaning towards Fi, Ni/Ne, could go either way. Had a slight preference for Si and Te, so that is consistent with INFP.

@BlahBlahNounBlah: Well, I've had some interesting experiences.. xNFJ, possibly.

@TheChosenOne: Second vote for ENTP!

@marmalade.sunrise: Almost a third vote for ENTP.

That's interesting, I wouldn't have thought of myself as an ENTP. In terms of temperament, I'm leaning towards NF. In terms of interaction style, I am in between "Behind-the-Scenes" and "Get-Things-Going". That would place me as INFP/ENFP.

When I've taken the test in the past, I have come up for every Idealist type. Needless to say, it's been confusing..

But it's starting to look like, to me anyway, that I'm either an ENFP or INFP. Is there a way to come to a definitive type?

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You don't sound like an INFP to me... Also, I think the cognitive function test and descriptions are heavily biased towards Fi, and a lot of people I know who do not use Fi end up testing as having very high Fi. (I think the whole "respect that everything has a soul and its own individuality" makes everyone think they use Fi.) I'm no expert, though :blush:

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
You actually sound a lot like an INFP to me (and not ENTPish at all...:huh:); one of the signs being the very abuse of smilies - totally INFPish in my experience:D If I were you, I wouldn't exclude it at least.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
EN_P. Something just seems off with ENFP... but it does seem likely. I can't tell whether you're a nice ENTP or an ENFP, something just seems off with ENFP.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
EN_P. Something just seems off with ENFP... but it does seem likely. I can't tell whether you're a nice ENTP or an ENFP, something just seems off with ENFP.

ENTP with highly developed Fe.