• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type am I?

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
If you've noticed, I started out with the type in my profile as ENFJ. It's been bouncing back and forth between ENFJ and INFJ and even, once or twice, ENFP. I really want to make a decision and not second guess, but even using cognitive processes, I can't seem to decide.

My Socionics test results (on the first one I got ENFp): Socionics Type Assistant TURBO XL

My humanmetrics Jung test results (I've taken two, same type each time):
Extraverted=33% Intuitive=38% Feeling=50% Judging=22%
moderately expressed extravert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed judging personality

-I pick up traits from other types very easily.
-I appear very random, but I make the most odd connections between things.
-I love trying to find connections between things.
-A lot of my thoughts I can't seem to keep to myself; I think and am absorbed in my thoughts a whole lot but I need to share some of the more funny or random or intellectual thoughts with someone else.
-I have been described as "very intellectual".
-I am shy and timid.
-I can come across as cold and bitchy if you piss me off.
-I bottle things up and let them leak out with very, very NTPish sarcasm.
-I can be very logical.
-I am organized, but not neat.
-I love organizing things.
-I have ADD .
-IQ 141.
-I will deflect on certain subjects.
-I will often debate whether to join a group or not, then go up to them if I choose to and I can be very charming.
-I used to love to read, but now it can bore me and I would rather socalize.
-I'll tell you the cup isn't just half full, it's twice the size it needs to be.

I am tired. Sorry I couldn't add more.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hmm, from just the OP, it seems as if you value Ne.

I say just talk about people or tasks, your interests and hobbies (most importantly, why are you interested in them? What is it that draws you and appeals to you about them?), and your interpretation of such. Life priorities, how you think, how you are communication-wise, just write a good few paragraphs about yourself.

When you're in a group, what are you focused on (the atmosphere, emotional expression, exchange of ideas, productiveness, etc.?) What is your typical group behavior, and how'd you like groups to be and behave (small size, emotionally subdued, spontaneous, disorganized activities, etc.) Least favorite group behavior?

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
Thanks for the questiions. And the quoting, by the way. I'm not sure about group behavior, but here's the rest:

I like to watercolor - it's very relaxing. Especially with all the pent up emotion.
In a person, I value an open mind and friendliness. I gravitate towards those who are the easiest to read, because I always strive to understand people, and those who are the most outspoken or expressive. When I communicate, I'll use humor if I like you, and I'll share those random thoughts with you. But my N(Ni or Ne) has to okay you first. My values are wisdom, not to be confused with intelligence, and then harmony, being unique, and people.

On hobbies and interests, I love music, art, and literature. My kind of music is punk rock or rock and sometimes metal - another emotional vent. I have three emotional vents - sarcasm, music, and destrucion of property ^^. I like abstract art, because then there can be many interpretations, and mean many different things to many different people, and have the same value for each person. And when people paint, if it's the good kind of painting, they pour a bit of their soul in to every painting that shows who they really are. Same thing with literature. I get bored with non-fiction, but I love to write and read fiction. You can put a little bit of yourself in to each character, and creating new circumstances for the characters is like testing that part of yourself, and you can learn so much more about someone by reading their fictional stories than their non fiction.

Have a great time trying to untangle that mess. I'd write more but I need to get at least some sleep this week.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Be my "it's complicated" on Facebook?

From the limited amount of information I can get from your post, you appear to be an ENxP. I'd elaborate if I had more time, but your driving motivation (read: dominant function) would appear to be Ne. Given your enjoyment of being organized and logic, but not neat, I would suggest a possibly Ti>Te, possibly implying ENTP

But I leave it at ENxP.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENFP

From what I've observed of you on this forum you don't seem ENTP at all.

I could definitely see ENFP from what you've described, though. Very much so.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Have a great time trying to untangle that mess. I'd write more but I need to get at least some sleep this week.

I hope you answer the other questions, and more thoroughly when you aren't tired. The only thing I'm 100% positive about is you being a Ne valuer (the clear emphasis on "many interpretations"). ENFP is definitely in the realm of possibilities.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
INFP. Or that's the idea I'm getting.

Without a few points I'd be leaning toward SFP even.

One question that will divide between INFP and INFJ is: How do you think you can understand people?

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
If you've noticed, I started out with the type in my profile as ENFJ. It's been bouncing back and forth between ENFJ and INFJ and even, once or twice, ENFP. I really want to make a decision and not second guess, but even using cognitive processes, I can't seem to decide.

My Socionics test results (on the first one I got ENFp): Socionics Type Assistant TURBO XL

-A lot of my thoughts I can't seem to keep to myself; I think and am absorbed in my thoughts a whole lot but I need to share some of the more funny or random or intellectual thoughts with someone else.
-I am shy and timid.
-I can be very logical.
-I have ADD .
-IQ 141.
-I will often debate whether to join a group or not, then go up to them if I choose to and I can be very charming.
-I'll tell you the cup isn't just half full, it's twice the size it needs to be.

I mean, I personally thought ENFJ was perfect, and I never doubted it from your posts, but the questions you need to ask are 1) which mode are you in the vast majority of the time, and 2) which mode acts as a supporting role that you utilize to serve the needs of the other?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
You definitely strike me as an Idealist.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
Be my "it's complicated" on Facebook?

From the limited amount of information I can get from your post, you appear to be an ENxP. I'd elaborate if I had more time, but your driving motivation (read: dominant function) would appear to be Ne. Given your enjoyment of being organized and logic, but not neat, I would suggest a possibly Ti>Te, possibly implying ENTP

But I leave it at ENxP.

I like being neat. I just don't appear neat. But my room and personal space is spotless.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
INFP. Or that's the idea I'm getting.

Without a few points I'd be leaning toward SFP even.

One question that will divide between INFP and INFJ is: How do you think you can understand people?

I have no idea. I just do, and it's mostly right, and I don't know why, and I want to know why!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

-I am shy and timid.
-I can be very logical.
-I have ADD .
-IQ 141.

This sounds very Ne to me.
Shyness has little to do with extraversion/introversion
IQ has nothing to do with type, but I think sometimes being intellectual does. They are two different things. I know that NT's like to think themselves intellectual and strive to be so.
Everyone is logical in their own way.

My gut is telling me enfp or entp, these types are both extraverts but like time to themselves to wrap in their own thoughts or read once in a while. Both Ne dominant.

The things that pointed to Ne to me were "ADD". Not because all Ne doms have ADD, but its the thought and idea jumping compared to everyone else that may make them feel that way.

And then the first four things you said. The first only because "picking up traits from others" sounds more P then J. Just going with the flow and such. This could also indicate "F" wanting to relate rather than debate.

2,3, and 4 all Ne. (Though, I still don't have a full understanding of what Ni is, so I could be wrong.)
The enjoying reading but getting bored and enjoying socializing more.

The ntpish sarcasm.
(Not well defined, but I know what you mean.)

Your posts in the past have always spurred in the back of my mind, "enfp, not enfj!"

But I have nothing to point to F or T based on your posts so you could very well be ENTP as well. Also, if you were relating to ENFJ somehow, could be some ENTP tertiary Fe going on there. Don't know you well enough to tell anything otherwise.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

This in particular says extrovert to me, as does your general posting style.
Shyness does not equal introversion...

I'd go with ExFJ.

VagrantFarce

Then you're not INFJ. :) INFJs have Inferior-Se, and thus find it very hard (and are sometimes completely averse to) getting in sync physically with their environment. ENFJs have tertiary-Se however, which means they find it very easy and sometimes fall back on it as an easy alternative to their auxillary-Ni.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
This sounds very Ne to me.
Shyness has little to do with extraversion/introversion
IQ has nothing to do with type, but I think sometimes being intellectual does. They are two different things. I know that NT's like to think themselves intellectual and strive to be so.
Everyone is logical in their own way.

My gut is telling me enfp or entp, these types are both extraverts but like time to themselves to wrap in their own thoughts or read once in a while. Both Ne dominant.

The things that pointed to Ne to me were "ADD". Not because all Ne doms have ADD, but its the thought and idea jumping compared to everyone else that may make them feel that way.

And then the first four things you said. The first only because "picking up traits from others" sounds more P then J. Just going with the flow and such. This could also indicate "F" wanting to relate rather than debate.

2,3, and 4 all Ne. (Though, I still don't have a full understanding of what Ni is, so I could be wrong.)
The enjoying reading but getting bored and enjoying socializing more.

The ntpish sarcasm.
(Not well defined, but I know what you mean.)

Your posts in the past have always spurred in the back of my mind, "enfp, not enfj!"

But I have nothing to point to F or T based on your posts so you could very well be ENTP as well. Also, if you were relating to ENFJ somehow, could be some ENTP tertiary Fe going on there. Don't know you well enough to tell anything otherwise.

I don't "Like to think of myself as intellectual", I'm just saying that's what people who know me say. And it's not idea jumping, it's more making connections. It just seems like idea jumping, for some reason, to other people. By the way, I act very different online than in real life. Not ENFP at all in real life. I highly doubt I'm ENFP.