• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type am I?

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
Then you're not INFJ. :) INFJs have Inferior-Se, and thus find it very hard (and are sometimes completely averse to) getting in sync physically with their environment. ENFJs have tertiary-Se however, which means they find it very easy and sometimes fall back on it as an easy alternative to their auxillary-Ni.

Oh, crap, I missed the "physically", sorry.
It's easy to get in sync emotionally. Not physically.
By the way, could you describe Se? The descriptions I've seen are contradictory.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Contradictory? Hmm. how so?

Se is just living in the moment and seeing things as they are, literally. Experiencing everything through the senses. Acting on whatever is happening at the moment.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
Thanks for th input. I think I was skeptical because everyone seems to think INFJs are girly girls:(.
The only other INFJ I've met was a tomboy like me ^^.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah you are probably an ENFJ if you are so sure you're not an ENFP, I guess, particularly since you say you can emotionally "get in sync" with people - that's Fe.

However, if you're trying to decide between ENTP or ENFP I'm still going to say ENFP. If you think you're an Ne dom, that is.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thanks for th input. I think I was skeptical because everyone seems to think INFJs are girly girls:(.
The only other INFJ I've met was a tomboy like me ^^.

Tomboy? Could be ENFJ with strong tertiary Se, maybe.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did you just read the INFJ profile? You should read ENFJ and INFJ and whatever else you're considering.

Interaction Styles

That's the interaction styles.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
I did read the others. And interaction styles. I'm not one of those people that just reads one thing and then says "fuck this".

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I did read the others. And interaction styles. I'm not one of those people that just reads one thing and then says "fuck this".

Hehe good. Was just testing you and making sure...

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
^I can understand that since it didn't take me long to reply, I'm a fast reader.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's precisely what I was basing my suspicion on. :)

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I have no idea. I just do, and it's mostly right, and I don't know why, and I want to know why!

Most INFJs I've come across believe understanding of others comes through communicating and revealing things when people choose; the things I tell you are of more importance. INFPs on the other hand prefer to ignore the literal a bit more and have an instinctive understanding of what's inside your head; the actual things you say in a sentence are of far less importance than what's between the lines.

Still INFJs have a very good instinctual understanding of things from the information they've gathered, they are good at seeing emotional things without any words, and are good at predicting future events. So your answer comes down to perspective, as either type could say it.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
-I pick up traits from other types very easily.
Total perceiver.
-I appear very random, but I make the most odd connections between things.
-I love trying to find connections between things.
Intuitive.
-A lot of my thoughts I can't seem to keep to myself; I think and am absorbed in my thoughts a whole lot but I need to share some of the more funny or random or intellectual thoughts with someone else.
Feeler.
-I have been described as "very intellectual".
All NFs are very intellectual. :smile:
-I am shy and timid.
Introvert Feeler Perceiver.
-I can come across as cold and bitchy if you piss me off.
Hmmm. Feeler.
-I bottle things up and let them leak out with very, very NTPish sarcasm.
Introvert Feeler
-I can be very logical.
Hmm. Not sure. So can I, and I'm INFP :blush:
-I am organized, but not neat.
Hmmmmmmm.
-I love organizing things.
I love organizing too!
-I have ADD .
Not type-related. My ISXJ friend has ADD.
-IQ 141.
Intuitively intelligent. I think. ;)
-I will deflect on certain subjects.
All NF types.
-I will often debate whether to join a group or not, then go up to them if I choose to and I can be very charming.
1) ENFJ. 2) INFJ. because of the careful thinking. ENFPs would just jump right in. And INFPs would take forever debating to herself.
-I used to love to read, but now it can bore me and I would rather socalize.
Hmm. Could be traumatized INFP. Could be any NF.
-I'll tell you the cup isn't just half full, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Hmmmm. For INFP, cup is half empty but that can change. Twice the size.......hmmm ENFP to me. Very optimistic. :hug:

In my humble conclusion, you're either a shy ENFP or a very optimistic INFP based on the data you provided above and through my subjective examination.

Oh ha, I see that you decided based on the interaction styles. I thought INFJs are a bit darker than you seem to be. Not darkest, just darker...

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
-I pick up traits from other types very easily.
Total perceiver.
-I appear very random, but I make the most odd connections between things.
-I love trying to find connections between things.
Intuitive.
-A lot of my thoughts I can't seem to keep to myself; I think and am absorbed in my thoughts a whole lot but I need to share some of the more funny or random or intellectual thoughts with someone else.
Feeler.
-I have been described as "very intellectual".
All NFs are very intellectual. :smile:
-I am shy and timid.
Introvert Feeler Perceiver.
-I can come across as cold and bitchy if you piss me off.
Hmmm. Feeler.
-I bottle things up and let them leak out with very, very NTPish sarcasm.
Introvert Feeler
-I can be very logical.
Hmm. Not sure. So can I, and I'm INFP :blush:
-I am organized, but not neat.
Hmmmmmmm.
-I love organizing things.
I love organizing too!
-I have ADD .
Not type-related. My ISXJ friend has ADD.
-IQ 141.
Intuitively intelligent. I think. ;)
-I will deflect on certain subjects.
All NF types.
-I will often debate whether to join a group or not, then go up to them if I choose to and I can be very charming.
1) ENFJ. 2) INFJ. because of the careful thinking. ENFPs would just jump right in. And INFPs would take forever debating to herself.
-I used to love to read, but now it can bore me and I would rather socalize.
Hmm. Could be traumatized INFP. Could be any NF.
-I'll tell you the cup isn't just half full, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Hmmmm. For INFP, cup is half empty but that can change. Twice the size.......hmmm ENFP to me. Very optimistic. :hug:

In my humble conclusion, you're either a shy ENFP or a very optimistic INFP based on the data you provided above and through my subjective examination.

Oh ha, I see that you decided based on the interaction styles. I thought INFJs are a bit darker than you seem to be. Not darkest, just darker...

I'm much, much darker irl;). Dark emotions and I have a love-hate relationship going on. I should declare myself emo or something. And I actually didn't decide based on interaction styles - but don't tell VagrantFarce.
I love your post:yes:. Much more explanatory than some others. Thank you very much.
Just one question: Criticizing cup size = optimistic:huh:?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see you've already decided INFJ, so I don't know that further input would be of much use (or that it's really desired ;)).

One question, though - the only thing in your initial post that is definitively 'I' was the 'shy and timid' piece, and maybe the bottling up of emotions (although some E's could do that too for various reasons). Aside from that, could you describe why else you consider yourself an introvert rather than an extrovert? I'm just not seeing the Introvert thing based on everything else you've posted.

(gotta log off now anyway, battery's gonna die soon..but will read tomorrow)

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
I see you've already decided INFJ, so I don't know that further input would be of much use (or that it's really desired ;)).

One question, though - the only thing in your initial post that would have seemed more 'I' was the 'shy and timid' piece. Aside from that, could you describe why else you consider yourself an introvert rather than an extrovert? I'm just not seeing the Introvert thing based on everything else you've posted.

(gotta log off now anyway, battery's gonna die soon..but will read tomorrow)

I live in my head. I'm more open and friendly on the internet. That's what I based it on, anyway. You could be right. I think I became more of an E recently because I was trying to be more open and frendly. Not fit in - I'd never try to "fit in". Anything you want to know?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I live in my head. I'm more open and friendly on the internet. That's what I based it on, anyway. You could be right. I think I became more of an E recently because I was trying to be more open and frendly. Not fit in - I'd never try to "fit in". Anything you want to know?

No, nothing specific...I was more wanting to hear more self-descriptors as far as how you see yourself and the why's, as I think self descriptions, without any leading questions that would bias you in one direction or another, can be more revealing than either/or questions. Gives more freedom to you, more opportunity to describe exactly how/who you are.

And sometimes I think what people *don't* say about themselves, and what they don't list out as their main traits (i.e. your OP I would assume is a high-level synopsis of yourself...at the very least, what you considered to be important to list), can say more than what IS said. So that's all....there was an absence of things that would point to definite introversion in the OP, and what I saw as a more extroverted slant. But obviously self-summaries only begin to skim the surface, so I probably shouldn't read into it too much either. :)