• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP in denial?

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Any...particular reason you'd think so? :unsure:

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
why would anyone deny being an INFP?

inb4 obvious reasons

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't know, I relate to all the profiles of types.
But I could just be duping myself in to believing I'm an extravert. Or Judging.

I keep telling people just to go with their type and not second guess...hypocritical me!

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Well, plenty of people do change their minds about their types after becoming more familiar with the theory. Plenty of people here have changed their displayed type. Nothing wrong with that. And some people do lie in the middle of the I/E continuum.

I assume you've looked at the Fi vs. Fe functions. Is there one you relate to better?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Definitely look into the functions....it's easy to mistakenly identify with what you find attractive, whether that's ENFJ or INFP for you.

I have a friend who I think is eNFJ, but he thinks he is INFP. I think the INFP profiles just appeal to him, and he's never looked into functions. He sees himself as some kind of tragic loner with a heart of gold, but he's really a sociable person who clearly judges based on external values.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Being an INFP would mean that you're an Fi dom as opposed to an Fe dom as an ENFJ.

Do you have a stubborn internal value system which you defend with intensity, or do you feel more comfortable with following social norms to make other people feel comfortable and keep the peace?

Explain why you think you might be an INFP. I honestly don't know enough about you to even suggest which one you would be. You are also kind of young.

I have trouble with E/I because I am borderline, but I am definitely an NFP. I just go back and forth between ENFP and INFP.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you ever made a sane post in your entire posting career?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wtf-cat.jpg

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, I know.
My friend's just convinced I am an INFP...she's a crazy ISFP;)!

I think she's the MBTI police...

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I still secretly think that I'm an INFJ, even though I can't keep track of things to save my life. Even when I try. And then I think I'm an ESFP. INTP.....it goes on and on...

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
I realized why I was second guessing the ENFJ typing so much - it didn't feel right.
The J still stands. But I live in my head, I'm an introvert. No more second guessing for me - I realized what I am;)