• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is My Dad an INFP or ISTJ?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So in turn, those ENTJ women would attempt to mimic their counterparts to obtain the same results.

Now why wouldn't other types of women use the same tactics as ENTJ women. Well the thing is, ENTJs, being NTs, tend to pay close attention to systems and patterns . And being extraverts, they value social competence greatly. So they see effective patterns of other socially "desirable" types and attempt to incorporate that into their own behavior.

And some of us want someone to like us for who we actually are, and other ridiculous notions.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Actually, I forgot to expound on my statement. From what I noticed, ENTJ men seem to be fairly easy to confuse with ESTP men, but not the other way around.....

ENTJ women, just as ENTJ men, prize control and competence. For a woman, a lot of her worth is derived from the fact of how many men desire her. I've seen many ENTJ women notice that their more "feminine" counterparts like ENFPs and ESFPs get more male attention...

Actually, what you wrote makes an awful lot of sense to me. Yes, I can totally see some ENTJs "mimicking" more "successful" types to get as much attention as them; especially ENTJs who value rather the 'power' that comes with good social status than their 'NT' side. Lots of ENTJs I know really rather care about appearing smart and intellectual than being a real 'field marshal' - one can't confuse those with SPs.

I haven't seen ENTPs do the same thing that ENTJs seem to do. That's either because ENTPs already view themselves as sufficiently socially competent, or they do not care for implementing other type's abilities.

I happen to know quite a few ENTPs, and from my experience, unlike ENTJs, they don't care in the slightest about what others think of them - often rather the opposite, they want others to think they're 'special', free-minded, independent individuals unlike anyone else. They are 'the' non-conformists (at least seemingly), so this route wouldn't seem too likely for them to take up.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Actually, what you wrote makes an awful lot of sense to me. Yes, I can totally see some ENTJs "mimicking" more "successful" types to get as much attention as them; especially ENTJs who value rather the 'power' that comes with good social status than their 'NT' side. Lots of ENTJs I know really rather care about appearing smart and intellectual than being a real 'field marshal' - one can't confuse those with SPs.
Yes, exactly. Thank you for narrowing it down for me.

I happen to know quite a few ENTPs, and from my experience, unlike ENTJs, they don't care in the slightest about what others think of them - often rather the opposite, they want others to think they're 'special', free-minded, independent individuals unlike anyone else. They are 'the' non-conformists (at least seemingly), so this route wouldn't seem too likely for them to take up.

Now that I think of it, you are quite right.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6

Caring about what someone thinks of me individually? I only care what people think of me when they are a part of my life and I truly value them in an intimate way. And even then, it's not about image but about honesty. If I could never see a person again and not think twice about it (and most likely forget them entirely), why would it matter to me what they think of me?

Even if I got the idea to conform on purpose for some reason, I'd probably sabotage the plan just to not feel like a stooge.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Caring about what someone thinks of me individually? I only care what people think of me when they are a part of my life and I truly value them in an intimate way. And even then, it's not about image but about honesty. If I could never see a person again and not think twice about it (and most likely forget them entirely), why would it matter to me what they think of me?

Even if I got the idea to conform on purpose for some reason, I'd probably sabotage the plan just to not feel like a stooge.

Well, yeah... It's not like we disagree on that. I didn't want to imply that ENTPs' "uniqueness" is just a face. Some ENTPs I know are definitely the most original and open-minded individuals I've ever met, and I love them.:) But on the other hand, sometimes it takes time to realize that their behavior is not just a 'pose', especially when they're still teenagers.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
INFPs are more similar to ISTJs than ISFJs according to functional analysis.

That's why I don't follow functional analysis.

respect-037.gif