• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what's my type?

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
So, as a precurser I'm going to appologize for doing this. I know that INFPs have a reputation for questioning their type and I get the impression that most people on this forum are just like "enough already!"
Still, that's never stopped me before, so here I am.
Lately I've begun to wonder if I am, in fact, an ENFP.
Reasons I didn't think I was ENFP before:
  • tests said I wasn't ENFP
  • I'm quite serious
  • I'm not at all like a puppy or a dog, or any canine assosiation.
  • people in general tend to annoy me after a pretty short period of time
  • I'm not very social, certainly not like my ENFJ father or ESFP sister
  • navel gazing could be my olypic sport
  • I obsess and overthink everything
  • I've never had many friends, and usually only have one close friend

but, then I was looking at my mother, who is an ISFJ (though her I is close to 100%, which I get the feeling is quite uncommon for her type...) and I'm much more social than her. Then I was thinking about my INFP friend and when I'm around her I feel like she's always pulling back, that's she's happier in her own world, and in a place of innaction, rather than just doing something. Add in the fact that I'm an oldest female child of a brother and a sister which will make me more serious, more of a rule follower, and less tollerant of mistakes in myself and others, are more likely to suffer from things like ocd, I can see how that nurter could alter my nature to the point where my behavior wouldn't naturally type me as an ENFP.

Now, reasons why I think I might be an ENFP:

• I was diagnosed with ADHD at the tender age of 8 (particularly uncommon because I'm a woman).
  • I am quite willing to be aggressive and argue if I feel pushed, and will even go looking for it (this sometimes unsettles my mother a bit, my willingness to be pushy)
  • I am very opinionated and generally feel a need to tell people what I think (virgo rising :D )
  • I'm willing and happy to go new places and talk to strangers
  • I like being a teacher, I like stepping onto that "stage" whether I'm teaching adults and children and seeing them realized their potential, and smile while doing it
  • If you don't count my sister than nearly everyone who has known me closely says that I "inspire" them
  • While I don't like confrontations or fights (and have been accused of letting people walk on me and being 'passive agressive'), I am not only able to be aggressive but willing to force it on others or manipulate if I think it's for the greater good.
  • I'm not the best listener in the world, people only sometimes say "wow, I don't know why I told you all that" rather I hear things like "I didn't know about you at first, but now I realize you're the one of the best people I've ever met."
  • Though I may be the best talker in the world (don't mistake this for me being loud, I'm not loud...usually)
  • I'm always curious and have always wanted to know "why." I'm told that as a child it was my favorite question.
  • I've seen old VHSs of me and I was very much a "look at me! look at me! I'm great and I can do a cartwheel!" child.
  • I love to tell stories.
  • I love love love patterns, especially social patterns or patterns of behavior in people or linguistic patterns. Woo!
  • While I'm not very outgoing, and rarely initiate a social thing, I am very animiated and pretty much have no poker face.
  • I'm not "closed off." I believe that the exchange of information will help improve the world. People often ask me how I can be so "open" but it doesn't seem to be something uncomfortable to be (though I have learned that somethings that don't make me uncomfortable do make others so there is a time and a place for what I feel should happen at all times and places)
  • I'm very good at expressing myself in verbal and written form, though I will often use and examples or stories rather than just saying my point, but I'm getting better about that.
  • perkolating is not enough for me, after all that thinking I have to do something about. What's the point of figuring out the answer to world piece if you only stay in your parents' basement?
  • While I am very emotional, compared to my ENFJ father I am not.
  • I've tested ENFP a few times

If these are not reasons to think I might be ENFP, please let me know.

Also, I have a question related to Ps. Most other Ps that I've met (say, about half) annoy me so deeply. Mostly because they seem morally ambigous with this kind of "who cares? I don't care about anything." attitude, which I abhore. Of course there are a lot of grey areas in the world, in fact most things are in shades of grey, but that doesn't give us reason to completely throw out the premise of write and wrong and doing the best for the common good just because things can't be easily defined. That's a lazy, easy way out. Beside, I care about everything. lol, everyone else should too. ;)

Last edited:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I'll colour code for what I see each point as supporting.

INFP=RED
ENFP=GREEN
BOTH=BLUE
NEITHER=GRAY

[*]tests said I wasn't ENFP
[*]I'm quite serious
[*]I'm not at all like a puppy or a dog, or any canine assosiation.
[*]people in general tend to annoy me after a pretty short period of time
[*]I'm not very social, certainly not like my ENFJ father or ESFP sister
[*]navel gazing could be my olypic sport
[*]I obsess and overthink everything
[*]I've never had many friends, and usually only have one close friend

[*]I was diagnosed with ADHD at the tender age of 8 (particularly uncommon because I'm a woman).
[*]I am quite willing to be aggressive and argue if I feel pushed, and will even go looking for it (this sometimes unsettles my mother a bit, my willingness to be pushy)
[*]I am very opinionated and generally feel a need to tell people what I think (virgo rising :D )
[*]I'm willing and happy to go new places and talk to strangers
[*]I like being a teacher, I like stepping onto that "stage" whether I'm teaching adults and children and seeing them realized their potential, and smile while doing it
[*]If you don't count my sister than nearly everyone who has known me closely says that I "inspire" them
[*]While I don't like confrontations or fights (and have been accused of letting people walk on me and being 'passive agressive'), I am not only able to be aggressive but willing to force it on others or manipulate if I think it's for the greater good.
[*]I'm not the best listener in the world, people only sometimes say "wow, I don't know why I told you all that" rather I hear things like "I didn't know about you at first, but now I realize you're the one of the best people I've ever met."
[*]Though I may be the best talker in the world (don't mistake this for me being loud, I'm not loud...usually)
[*]I'm always curious and have always wanted to know "why." I'm told that as a child it was my favorite question.
[*]I've seen old VHSs of me and I was very much a "look at me! look at me! I'm great and I can do a cartwheel!" child.
[*]I love to tell stories.
[*]I love love love patterns, especially social patterns or patterns of behavior in people or linguistic patterns. Woo!
[*]While I'm not very outgoing, and rarely initiate a social thing, I am very animiated and pretty much have no poker face.
[*]I'm not "closed off." I believe that the exchange of information will help improve the world. People often ask me how I can be so "open" but it doesn't seem to be something uncomfortable to be (though I have learned that somethings that don't make me uncomfortable do make others so there is a time and a place for what I feel should happen at all times and places)
[*]I'm very good at expressing myself in verbal and written form, though I will often use and examples or stories rather than just saying my point, but I'm getting better about that.
[*]perkolating is not enough for me, after all that thinking I have to do something about. What's the point of figuring out the answer to world piece if you only stay in your parents' basement?
[*]While I am very emotional, compared to my ENFJ father I am not.
[*]I've tested ENFP a few times

From ones I have known. INFPs come through with the stronger conviction and are more moved to action. They are also more blunt and decisive. ENFPs are very theoretical about saving the world, but don't always seek ways to do it, more make their impact within their current environment. Princess as a term would be more associated with INFP. Neither is overly emotional. ENFPs can be quite expressive but at the same time give some people a feeling of being soullessly bulletproof and too laid back about things. INFPs in the same way can seem dismissive at times and too certain of their own views. Both are quite warm and relate well to people. Both seem to do a good job with new people also, and long chats. ENFPs are more likely to be outright silly. INFPs often have a more subtle humour. hmm... I'm just throwing out stuff.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
thanks for the reply. Interesting stuff. You wouldn't happen to know anything about enneagram would you? I'm trying to figure out if I'm a 6w7 or a 4w3. ^_^

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
ps. I am either the worst enfp ever or the worst infp ever. hmm, what a conundrum

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Hehe, you sounded slightly more INFP from your first post. I don't think there is such thing as a normal ENFP or INFP.

In terms of enneagram: the 7 region is most common for ENFP, 4 region is most common for INFP. I'm still not positive of mine.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I enjoyed your long descriptions and can relate to a lot of them. I think you're Infp too.