• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTJ or something else?

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Awhile back I went through one of the online tests with the boyfriend to try to see what he was. He was willing to do it, although frustrated at times when analyzing some of the questions. He tested ENTJ--strongest T and J, and both E/I and N/S were somewhat close. He could relate to a lot of the description but not all of it. As I read more about ENTJ's on this forum, I have to question it sometimes, too. I was hoping I could provide some info and it might help a bit.

His work defines him. He and another guy own a production company and run live sound for events and things. He is absolutely immersed in the world of audio equipment and production. He is a monitor tech and is VERY good at it. He has multiple degrees, one of which is in music. He has a very good ear for music and can hear the slightest thing that's off or not perfect and immediately knows what to do to fix those problems. When he's not running sound, he also installs sound systems. He is also good with electrical work and manual labor. He is good at using his hands and is meticulous about keeping his equipment organized and running well. He is a very hard worker and can go for long periods of time putting in crazy hours of extreme work without slowing down. He expects this same work ethic from other people he works with.

He is very efficient. He is constantly examining things to discover new efficient ways of doing them. He gets frustrated when things are not done in the correct way.

He does well in leadership positions and has held jobs that included overseeing groups of people and dealing with conflicts. He is also quick to size up his surroundings and think/act quickly in a crisis. He has been an EMT and has had interest in firefighting, too. He likes doing things that are active and gets frustrated if he doesn't have enough to do.

He dresses for efficiency. He usually wears black or muted colors and a pair of cargo shorts. He dislikes dressing up and will try to avoid it whenever possible. He wants to be comfortable and is annoyed when "rules" keep him from being able to dress comfortably. He has no desire to be trendy and feels uncomfortable with the idea of it, but he doesn't want to dress in a way that's socially awkward, either.

He is pretty badass in a lot of ways but cares very deeply for those close to him. When a person gains his respect he seeks to protect and invest in their lives. He is loyal to family and is good about staying in touch with them and treating them right, but at the same time he doesn't take crap from people. He has a tendency to write people off if they lose his respect. He is able to see through people and recognize if they are being manipulative or have a hidden agenda.

He can be critical of others and also of methods. He questions people's intelligence often. It's common for him to think of most people as idiots.

He is ok with following rules and guidelines as long as he believes that they are necessary for success. If he sees a flaw in them he wants to change them or question authority. He has been known to challenge those "in charge" because they way they were doing things wasn't the right way.

He is very competitive and he likes to be right. And most of the time he is right.

He is aware of his surroundings and how they can be used to his advantage or to aid him with a task. However, sometimes he has a tendency to forget past details of things that have taken place.

He likes things to be of good quality. He is a good money manager. He is good about saving his money but he also doesn't stress about spending it when he needs to.

He is very logical and makes decisions based on what his logic tells him. He is able to see what is needed in his life and tends to not want to mess around with things he considers unnecessary. He's never cared to smoke, drink, fool around, or participate in anything that he sees as hindering his performance in any way or something that he doesn't see a point to.

He is a risk-taker as far as physical things go. He doesn't worry about getting out on the very edge of a cliff, for example. He has a good sense of his own body and surroundings, though, so he is unlikely to lose his balance or to make a mistake that would result in injury. He is confident in his ability to be cautious enough to keep from getting hurt when he is taking those risks.

His extroversion is apparent when he's in control with a group of people. At work he is very extroverted and converses easily and confidently with groups of people. He comes alive in these situations where he is keeping control and is in charge. However, if you put him in a group of people at a party, he often just sits and listens quietly or looks bored. If the conversation is one he finds stimulating, he'll join in enthusiastically, but in a lot of social situations this doesn't happen. Because of this other people sometimes see him as extremely laid-back.

He enjoys being in charge and can be both persuasive and forceful at times. If a person crosses him he can get kind of scary. He is not afraid of conflict and insists on resolving problems right away so he can fix the problem.

In our relationship, he deeply cares for me and desires to make me happy. He'll do whatever he can for it as long as he feels like it's reasonable. He shows more consideration for my feelings than I would have thought possible when watching him interact with others. He is always honest with me but is also sensitive to my feelings.

He is not effusive and considers the fact that he's with me and loyal to me to be proof of his love. He is uncomfortable with most romantic gestures but willing to give them without complaining if he feels like I need them.

If there is conflict in our relationship he takes it upon himself to find a way to work it out. He can tell immediately when he's hurt me and wants to rectify it and move on. He is frustrated if conflicts are left unresolved for any time at all. He wants it out in the open and my honest thoughts immediately. When he sees the problem he immediately wants to know how to fix it and will take measures to do so if he feels my concerns are reasonable. If there are changes that need to take place that he's responsible for, I see immediate changes. If he is aware that he needs to change something, he changes it with seeming little need for a transitionary or learning period.

His biggest fear is that he will fail to provide for emotional needs and will overwork himself to the point of sacrificing relationships forever.

I know those who think they can judge type by seeing a face, so here's a picture if it helps:

n1276380112_30149273_495.jpg

am_i_evil666

Definitely gives my a ExTJ vibe. I don't think that he is ISTJ of INTJ. Seems more ESTJ to me, though.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Definitely more ESTJ to me than ENTJ, explains the consideration of your feelings and deep protection of your relationship, high sense of duty, very practical, unconcerned for something as trivial as a trendy fashion sense. His eyes are very sensory, not intuitive at all. :) Sounds like a great relationship.