• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is my friend an iNFP? Second opinion anyone?

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
Just looking for a different opinion on what type my friend is. I'm guessing INFP, but I'm pretty new to this. I'll try to be as objective as I can.
-She isn't shy.
-She has one close circle of friends and despises a lot people before giving them a chance. Most of her friends she grew up with. Once, she didn't like one person she barely knew, but she got to know him a bit better and grudgingly decided to let him in her circle of friends.
-She tries to cover it up, but she's a dreamer. This is a bit of iNtuition speaking on my part but she seems to long for serious relationships but is too afraid of looking like a fool, being rejected, etc. to get into one. Might or might not be related to her parents leaving her at a young age (they're alive, but she never sees them. And I'm not exaggerating on the never.).
-She was a fan of the Twilight series but doesn't say she likes them anymore because she doesn't want to seem like a conformist.
-She often lies or exaggerates to interest people. Once she said she'd been abused, but her conscience caught up to her and she admitted to lying about this. And, yes, I believe she was lying.
-She loves anime and Criss Angel.
-She considers herself "emo".

She really is a good person. She just has some not so good traits mostly stemming from lack of relationships that most people have, so she tries to be as different as possible to prove she doesn't need them:). I apologize for not knowing how to word it better.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
This is difficult; can you add anything to that? I get a sort of INTP vibe, but not sure if I could explain why...

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't get an INFP vibe from this. More details needed though. This could be almost any type....

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I know both an INFP and an ISFJ exactly like this.

edit-It's a coincidence that the replies before me are from an ISFJ and an INFP. I wasn't joking or referring to them. I actually do know an INFP and an ISFJ who could fit this description.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
Sorry, I'm bad at giving information. Let's see:
-She hates school.
-She calls herself stupid, which among other things gives me the impression of low-self-esteem.
-She can get really emotional sometimes, and I can tell because that's when she acts the most melodramatic.
-She often has friends sleep on the floor at slumber parties because she doesn't want her bed messed up.
-She's not very friendly.
-She often gets annoyed but never furious.
-She's aggressive.
-She listens to metal, punk rock, etc.
-She usually hates reading if there aren't pictures.

I am sort of starting to lean towards SJ...

-She's protective of friends and if she truly likes you she won't keep secrets from you, in general, but she'll lie more because she feels she needs to in order to keep you as a friend.
-She's proud of most relationships she has and often subtly boasts about them.

I'm starting to think ISFJ...the typing of INFP was sort of rushed

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
I know both an INFP and an ISFJ exactly like this.

edit-It's a coincidence that the replies before me are from an ISFJ and an INFP. I wasn't joking or referring to them. I actually do know an INFP and an ISFJ who could fit this description.

Yeah. I'm going with ISFJ. Thanks, all.;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm definitely leaning toward ISFP. She doesn't sound like an INFP at all.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sorry, I'm bad at giving information. Let's see:
-She hates school.
-She calls herself stupid, which among other things gives me the impression of low-self-esteem.
-She can get really emotional sometimes, and I can tell because that's when she acts the most melodramatic.
-She often has friends sleep on the floor at slumber parties because she doesn't want her bed messed up.
-She's not very friendly.
-She often gets annoyed but never furious.
-She's aggressive.
-She listens to metal, punk rock, etc.
-She usually hates reading if there aren't pictures.

I am sort of starting to lean towards SJ...

-She's protective of friends and if she truly likes you she won't keep secrets from you, in general, but she'll lie more because she feels she needs to in order to keep you as a friend.
-She's proud of most relationships she has and often subtly boasts about them.

I'm starting to think ISFJ...the typing of INFP was sort of rushed

That girl couldn't be any more ISFP if someone clubbed her over the head with Please Understand Me conveniently opened to the chapter on ISFPs.

*sigh* I concede.
Maybe an ISfJ.
But definitely ISFx.
She just sounds like she needs to do a little more maturing, and then she'll be fine :).

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Well..I can also relate to these a bit..she sounds like a slightly unhealthy INFP

Oh, wait, I just read that she hates reading without pictures. That sounds like ISFP...

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Young teenager.

I'm pretty sure your whole personality type doesn't really become evident or conclusive until late teens/early 20's. I could be wrong though, and obviously there's exceptions to this, but what I think happens is that they tend to develop their dominant function, whatever that is, and the rest comes later to balance them out. My sister is 12, and I mean, I can tell you she's got LOTS of Fe, but other than that, not really sure. My brother is 17 and even he's a mystery to me. It's really difficult to tell until the person matures and experiences more of, well, life. Anyway, at that age I would say you might benefit from trying to figure out the dominant, but to go much further is almost like trying to start a little league baseball player out with weight training. It might actually impede their development if they have to worry about stuff like, "Oh jeez, I have a TYPE??!?!" before they're much more self aware.

Feel free to disagree though, this is just my opinion/theory on the matter.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm pretty sure your whole personality type doesn't really become evident or conclusive until late teens/early 20's. I could be wrong though, and obviously there's exceptions to this, but what I think happens is that they tend to develop their dominant function, whatever that is, and the rest comes later to balance them out. My sister is 12, and I mean, I can tell you she's got LOTS of Fe, but other than that, not really sure. My brother is 17 and even he's a mystery to me. It's really difficult to tell until the person matures and experiences more of, well, life. Anyway, at that age I would say you might benefit from trying to figure out the dominant, but to go much further is almost like trying to start a little league baseball player out with weight training. It might actually impede their development if they have to worry about stuff like, "Oh jeez, I have a TYPE??!?!" before they're much more self aware.

Feel free to disagree though, this is just my opinion/theory on the matter.

Well, I would not know. I'm one of the exceptions. It helps me to have a type. And I am as rebellious as any teenager. I think it's because my dad hates kids who act like kids and expects all females to be exactly the same. He never allowed me to act like a kid after I turned six. Look at me, getting all mushy. I'm an ENFJ because that's what I've always had to be to get my dysfunctional family to get along. And now I've gone against my protective self and actually shared some of my thinking. Wow. Well, at least it's not good wording.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Well, I would not know. I'm one of the exceptions. It helps me to have a type. And I am as rebellious as any teenager. I think it's because my dad hates kids who act like kids and expects all females to be exactly the same. He never allowed me to act like a kid after I turned six. Look at me, getting all mushy. I'm an ENFJ because that's what I've always had to be to get my dysfunctional family to get along. And now I've gone against my protective self and actually shared some of my thinking. Wow. Well, at least it's not good wording.
:sadbanana:

Alas, our types are always shaped by our upbringing. I wish I could say that as a 3 year old, I was sitting in the sandbox at school thinking, "you know what? I think I'd really like to be ENTJ when I grow up. MONEY!"

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
:sadbanana:

Alas, our types are always shaped by our upbringing. I wish I could say that as a 3 year old, I was sitting in the sandbox at school thinking, "you know what? I think I'd really like to be ENTJ when I grow up. MONEY!"

That'd be cool. I would've tried to be a ENTP. They're so awesome.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well..I can also relate to these a bit..she sounds like a slightly unhealthy INFP

Oh, wait, I just read that she hates reading without pictures. That sounds like ISFP...

Yeah, even in middle school I read a lot and definitely lived in kind of a romanticized fantasy world. I'm not saying that all INFPs are necesarily avid readers, but saying that someone in their early teens won't read a book that doesn't have pictures is an awfully strong statement.

It's other things, too, that to me just made her seem like a very young SP...not just the reading part.