• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

(Stereo)type this!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you took these stereotypes and assigned it an MBTI type, what would you give it?

(Derived from the quotes in VagrantFarce's thread.)

I have a need to "relate to other people and ensure I am there for others and they are there for me."

I have a need to "tune in to how people feel, which helps me do good through my actions."

It helps me to "consider the possibilities, or to locate a mental signpost that helps guide my actions through life."

It helps me to "follow tangents for their own sake, or link things together unexpectedly through context."

It helps me to "get things done, to accumulate achievement that's objectively (or subjectively) measurable."

It helps me to "have things ordered in my head, for situations to really make sense before I move forward."

It helps me to "...think things through logically, so I can figure out the best possible outcome from my actions."

I find it easy to succumb to "my own irrational feelings about a situation, which prevents me from really contributing to the system in general."

I find it easy to succumb to "a need for safety and security, to stop myself from jumping into the unknown too quickly."

I find it easy to succumb to "being so emotionally detached and distant from my family and friends. Cold, calculated logic too easily ignores the relationships that people have" under stress/pressure.

I find it easy to succumb to "...focusing on tradition, so keep things truly stable and secure."

I find it easy to succumb to "...doing bizaare and unexpected things."

I find it taxing to demonstrate "shallow agreeableness or pretension, just to show off and cover up for my more obvious shortcomings."

I find it taxing to exhibit "know-it-all abstract thinking, as if I could predict or control what will happen in the future."

I find it taxing to exhibit "...materialistic behavior/shortcomings, to show off how spectacular I am. I tend to be a bit of a show off as a result."

I wonder which type would fit best with that? Just curious.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
DUDE! I'm asking you to type ^^^ that not me! :D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Would you be objective for once and TYPE THAT DAMN IT!??!??!?! :steam:

Please? :wubbie: :newwink:

Now, look what you made me do?! You're making me resort to:

Tertiary (ENJ): I find it easy to succumb to "animalistic intimidation, usually done to show off or just get my way."

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i do that sometimes but only when stressed and everyone is staring at me and expecting me to perform like a monkey. I am not a monkey

ENFJ for the sterotype or INFJ actually ENFJ with medium strength E

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i do that sometimes but only when stressed and everyone is staring at me and expecting me to perform like a monkey. I am not a monkey

ENFJ for the sterotype or INFJ actually ENFJ with medium strength E

I did, I said ENFx. :D

See I was close :tongue10: ;)

Interesting answers! :) Thanks. Anyone else have any ideas?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
psst that means she didn't like our answers.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Noooo I am just curious to see if everyone concurs or has other ideas :) Kind of a sampling of the TypoC population thingy....

Actually I think your answers were fine. Like I said, I wasn't looking for a particular answer...just want to see if everyone else agrees!

By the way, just curious, why did you think it was ENFJ? :D

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Noooo I am just curious to see if everyone concurs or has other ideas :) Kind of a sampling of the TypoC population thingy....

Actually I think your answers were fine. Like I said, I wasn't looking for a particular answer...just want to see if everyone else agrees!

By the way, just curious, why did you think it was ENFJ? :D
then why did you say interesting. I'm the whole caring about people and following tangents for the sake of it I've talked to nightning about Ni and the tangent thing is something she's described in the past. I can't remember the rest. And tuning into how people feel is very Fe and being a show off is often times an E not always. But most of the descriptors scream Fe and Ni to me.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
then why did you say interesting. I'm the whole caring about people and following tangents for the sake of it I've talked to nightning about Ni and the tangent thing is something she's described in the past. I can't remember the rest. And tuning into how people feel is very Fe and being a show off is often times an E not always. But most of the descriptors scream Fe and Ni to me.

Just curious, how do you notice something is Fe and Ni?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How could we make it more straightforward? Curious - why borderline FJ?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have a need to "relate to other people and ensure I am there for others and they are there for me."

ESFJ

I have a need to "tune in to how people feel, which helps me do good through my actions."

ENFJ

It helps me to "consider the possibilities, or to locate a mental signpost that helps guide my actions through life."

INTP

It helps me to "follow tangents for their own sake, or link things together unexpectedly through context."

ENTP

It helps me to "get things done, to accumulate achievement that's objectively (or subjectively) measurable."

ESTJ

It helps me to "have things ordered in my head, for situations to really make sense before I move forward."

ISTJ

It helps me to "...think things through logically, so I can figure out the best possible outcome from my actions."

ENTJ

I find it easy to succumb to "my own irrational feelings about a situation, which prevents me from really contributing to the system in general."

ENFP

I find it easy to succumb to "a need for safety and security, to stop myself from jumping into the unknown too quickly."

ISTJ

I find it easy to succumb to "being so emotionally detached and distant from my family and friends. Cold, calculated logic too easily ignores the relationships that people have" under stress/pressure.

ISFJ

I find it easy to succumb to "...focusing on tradition, so keep things truly stable and secure."

ISTJ
I find it easy to succumb to "...doing bizaare and unexpected things."

ENTP

I find it taxing to demonstrate "shallow agreeableness or pretension, just to show off and cover up for my more obvious shortcomings."

INTP

I find it taxing to exhibit "know-it-all abstract thinking, as if I could predict or control what will happen in the future."

ESTP

I find it taxing to exhibit "...materialistic behavior/shortcomings, to show off how spectacular I am. I tend to be a bit of a show off as a result."

INTJ

So, how many of their types did I guess correctly?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
How could we make it more straightforward? Curious - why borderline FJ?

Babe, if i know the answer to that .. I would be rich, lol ;)
I like tests that are not Yes/No answers .. The ones where you can move the bar, i like better .. I was talking to my ex yesterday and he agreed because i like fluidity in the concrete, i am more balanced on the j/p, although i used to be very J .. and although i am a feeler and the end result will be based on my feelings, i do rationalise through my thinking and examinie if it is productive for me to feel the way i do .. Does that make sense?
I did the test on similar minds and the top 3 were ESTP 64%, ESFJ 63%, ESFP 62% .. Surprisingly, i try not to take it to serious. I am not allowing my type to screw up my head .. I am what i am. :D

I mean, what makes it Ni and not Si?

Oh darling .. I am sorry, i am not into cognitive functions. I can't get my head around it.