• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm getting old and constantly changing... INTJ or INTP

VagrantFarce

paperoceans, which of these do you identify with most?

I naturally (almost unconsciously) relive past experiences, or consider what I already know, as a way of navigating through the world. I like to associate myself with what I know in my gut is reliable, and use it as a signpost for navigation. I easily become overwhelmed by the unknown, and treat it with suspicion.

I naturally (almost unconsciously) shift my perspective on things, if what is presented is inadequate to suit my goals. I'm instintually driven to look at things in a way that is decidedly not obvious. I don't find it easy to accept things as they're presented, and often find reality to be utterly arbitrary.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I naturally (almost unconsciously) shift my perspective on things, if what is presented is inadequate to suit my goals. I'm instintually driven to look at things in a way that is decidedly not obvious. I don't find it easy to accept things as they're presented, and often find reality to be utterly arbitrary.

Especially the bold. I was kicked out of two of my classes in high school because I would argue with my teachers since they wanted me to accept "facts" without questioning them. I'm pretty skeptical and unwilling to accept anything unless I have explored all different options, and then I come to a decision or conclusion. To outsiders I may seem indecisive, but I just want to know everything that there is to know about a topic before I make up my mind.

That's probably my main problem with authority... I've always had problems with authority.

Oh, and I do not live in the past. My motto is look forward. My past experiences are influential; there is always a possibility that things maybe different, which is OK with me. I just really hate changes that I've had no decision in, it's unnerving. But I wouldn't say that I'm 100% against change. I had an "idea" to move to Northern Europe for a couple of months. That didn't work out, but another opportunity came along and I ran with it. Instead of Northern Europe, I was in central Europe which turned out for the better. Then I went off to Canada and landed in Miami. What an experience! I feel like I have changed constantly as a person and I continue to do so.

VagrantFarce

Now do it again! :devil:

To live, you need to continuously welcome the unknown, by always being ready to adjust in unanticipatable ways. What seems like a mistake is not a mistake when viewed in a larger pattern--and it's your job to find that larger pattern.

Truth isn't about logic. Truth is a frame of reference, a way of organizing information, which serves one set of needs over another. It is no more valid than any other perspective, its only qualitive measurement being what it helps to achieve.

The more you're going to depend on something, the more carefully you'd better inspect it, because you never know what unknown things might go awry, you only know that most of them are bad.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm waiting for the whip & chains.

To live, you need to continuously welcome the unknown, by always being ready to adjust in unanticipatable ways. What seems like a mistake is not a mistake when viewed in a larger pattern--and it's your job to find that larger pattern.

Hmm, I guess I can say yes to this. Sometimes I love those random little surprises that catch you off guard, but I'm not sure how I view my "mistakes". I tend to blame other people for them, which is pretty damn childish. I've learn to twist my "mistakes" in a way so that I benefit in some way or another. It's hard to explain and I do not understand it much either. I also tend to think that things happen for a reason. Maybe it's better that I fucked up; maybe it stopped me from doing something stupid...

Truth isn't about logic. Truth is a frame of reference, a way of organizing information, which serves one set of needs over another. It is no more valid than any other perspective, its only qualitive measurement being what it helps to achieve.

My philosophy is that things are constantly changing. What may have been my truth yesterday may not be so today. I kind of believe that "facts" cannot be proven. Someone can easily disprove a fact, but only with time.

The more you're going to depend on something, the more carefully you'd better inspect it, because you never know what unknown things might go awry, you only know that most of them are bad.

Meh, I do not feel this way. Nothing can be "bad", it depends on the person. I've learn to see the positive side of things--but I do agree with the bold.

VagrantFarce

If I was going to walk away from the thread now I'd just say INTJ, but I'm having too much fun just throwing quotes at you and considering your responses :devil:

Just have a look at these two threads I made and see if you can corrolate your own behaviour and assumptions of the world with what is described:

Projecting the Inferior Function
Function Order Dictating Behaviour

e.g. INTJ would be:

Primary: "I have a need to consider the truly abstract, to find an outlook on life that is profoundly unobvious."
Secondary: "It helps me to look at the world through a rational lens, to consider myself "part of the machine" in a way."
Tertiary: "I find it easy to succumb to my own irrational feelings about a situation, which prevents me from really contributing to the system in general."
Inferior: "I find it taxing to engage life physically. It's too brutal and sensate, too obvious and uninteresting."

whereas INTP would be:

Primary: "I have a need to have things ordered in my head, for situations to really make sense before I can move forward."
Secondary: "It helps me to really think creatively, so that I can step outside of my own skin and participate."
Tertiary: "I find it easy to succumb to a need for safety and security, to stop myself from jumping into the unknown too quickly."
Inferior: "I find it taxing to to really join in with other people on that high an emotional level. I find it hard to act without some sort of grounded, logical framework protecting me."

Jaguar

I'm pretty skeptical and unwilling to accept anything unless I have explored all different options, and then I come to a decision or conclusion. To outsiders I may seem indecisive, but I just want to know everything that there is to know about a topic before I make up my mind.

If someone can't see that's the quote of a P, they better schedule an eye exam. Fast.

Case closed.