• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my type II? Electric Boogaloo

fway

Enneagram
8w79
Alright, so I am back again trying to figure myself out. Now, I'm going straight into figuring out which type I am, not if I'm an ExTP/IxTP or whatever. Clean slate this time. I'll give you all the information you should know about me to figure me out.

- I like being around people, but not necessarily speaking to them.
- I'm taking a break from college for practical reasons (economy for one).
-- And my job is unionized.
- I am usually good with my money until I forget that I had a bill that got automatically deducted from my bank account.
- I enjoy my work.
- I want to move up at where I work.
- I like having money.
- I spend money on food necessities first, then pleasure second.
- I usually have a hard time thinking about what to talk about.
- I can usually relate something to what someone has said.
- My favorite subject in school was math, even though I wasn't particularly good at it.
- I also enjoyed my 10th/11th grade English classes.
- I like speaking proper English. I usually don't correct people on how they should speak though. When someone asks how I am doing I usually say "well" instead of "good" which is the usual response when I ask someone. On the internet, however, I will spork you for bad grammar.
- I like people with "bitchy" attitudes. For some reason they make me laugh.
- I don't like explaining "why" or "how" it just is.
- I am semi-clumsy when it comes to things.
- I don't like being controlled.
- I can win arguments over bitchy customers.
- I have very good customer service skills.
- I strive for efficiency. I am pretty quick at what I do.
- I am pretty laid back.
- I am very thorough when it comes to handling money. I count it at least twice in front of the customer.
- I am prompt for work, unless my bus is running late, then that's not my problem.
- I give my boss a call at work to let them know the above statement.
- Now that I've relocated, the above two problems are non-existent. I walk. :p
- I am still early for work even though it's a 10 minute walk.
- I like jumping into something I don't know about so I can gain experience from it and figure out what did/didn't work.
- I am not very athletic, although I aspire to get a better body... eventually.
-- This is the only aesthetic thing I am disgusted with about me.

Anything else, just ask...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You always seemed like an ISTP to me.

fway

Enneagram
8w79
You always seemed like an ISTP to me.
What would make you say this?

I added a few more things to the list. I guess you could say I don't think things through enough.
- I strive for efficiency. I am pretty quick at what I do.
- I am pretty laid back.
- I am very thorough when it comes to handling money. I count it at least twice in front of the customer.
- I am prompt for work, unless my bus is running late, then that's not my problem.
- I give my boss a call at work to let them know the above statement.
- Now that I've relocated, the above two problems are non-existent. I walk. :p
- I am still early for work even though it's a 10 minute walk.
- I like jumping into something I don't know about so I can gain experience from it and figure out what did/didn't work.
- I am not very athletic, although I aspire to get a better body... eventually.
-- This is the only aesthetic thing I am disgusted with about me.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Just talk about people or tasks, your interests and hobbies and your interpretation of such. Life priorities, how you think, how you are communication-wise.

When you're in a group, what are you focused on (the atmosphere, exchange of information, etc.?) What is your typical group behavior, and how'd you like groups to behave? Least favorite group behavior?

fway

Enneagram
8w79
Just talk about people or tasks, your interests and hobbies and your interpretation of such. Life priorities, how you think, how you are communication-wise.

When you're in a group, what are you focused on (the atmosphere, exchange of information, etc.?) What is your typical group behavior, and how'd you like groups to behave? Least favorite group behavior?

I feel that there is a wall between one person and myself. I want to get to know the other person, but I don't want to be intrusive. If somebody leaves me in an outrage I will cut them out of the relationship whether it be platonic or romantic. I move on. By that I usually ignore that person until something has been said to me by said person. I get real snarky with them and let it be known that I don't want anything to do with them. In life my main priority is ME. I need to know what I am going to do with myself today and tomorrow whether it be eating/activities/etc. Next comes people close to me. After that anything that comes to mind that I might not have done. I'm not that into sports, but I can't say I don't mind going to/watching a game. I'm very skeptical when new information comes to me, but I let that person who provides the new information explain why this information is true until I either: A. Get tired of the explanation or B. I am persuaded to accept it.

When it comes to home it is never uncluttered. There is stuff everywhere and dishes get done if people are coming over. Bad yes, but that's what usually happens. I hate cleaning. I try my best to take care of my stuff, but sometimes it ends up being damaged, either because I want to see how it works OR I accidentally drop the object and it shatters. I love cooking, though. Anything homemade is twice as good as something out of a box. If something needs to get done, I usually get it done pretty quickly. I usually do things my way and when it is done this way it gets done quicker.

When it comes to groups of people, it's usually about who was there and who said/did what, just so I can keep it in the back of my mind if anything gets asked the next day. What do you mean by "what is your typical group behavior?" If you mean me, I am usually the more observant one until I have something relevant or irrelevant to say. I usually don't care how the group behaves. My least favorite type of group behavior is when there is NO exchange/interaction going on between the group, I can't collect information if nothing is going on.

fway

Enneagram
8w79
So I took the test in Kiersey's Please Understand Me II, and as a result I got xNTJ. Now, it's been said in his book that NTs are calm in heated situations, and I do find myself being this way at any situation.

This is probably where I may understand how I could get xNTJ:
2 days ago, I was told by several customers how calm I was when the customer I was checking out was either being incompetent, taking too long, etc. I also been told the customers to put their stuff up on the belt because it was too busy for them to leave their items in their baskets/buggies. I am also confident that I will become a cdh within the next couple of months because I've been reliable enough to train new cashiers. Also on that day I asked if they needed me to stay longer "because it was so busy", but for my own practical reasons. 1 they pay was time and a half, 2. I needed the money, and 3. I knew I would get a second break if they had me stay a couple of more hours. I just asked in that manner, because I knew I would get a "no" if I had asked them "if I could stay longer". Also, I couldn't sleep that night after work if that helps any. I did however crash on the couch after my shift the next day.

I've also wondered in the past if I am an ENTJ, I don't know why, but I have. I mean I take a practical approach at everything I do. I identify with the In-charge interaction style more than chart-the-course, so I'm probably one of those, except ENFJ, too much T. I usally plan things in my head and just keep my work schedule on my phone. Goals? Well, I do know that once this economy TRULY recovers (when the value of the dollar goes back up) that I will be going back to school, I was a visual media arts major, but I lost interest in it, I'm thinking about going into psychology to read people's minds. :tongue: Right now, I'm working to get money and keep myself occupied. Speaking of work, the snooze button is my best friend, BUT I kind of plan the half hour before I get to work as soon as the first alarm goes off. I've never been late for work unless the thing I relied on was running late. I know many people, however I keep my distance. I love electronic/new age/rock music or any music with a good beat to it. I am a very messy person, but I can organize if I want to. I need a maid.

So what am I again?

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
SLI - Socionics ISTp (MBTI ISTP, too). ISTp's are probably the most soulless and calm type. =\

But, really, if you are questioning your type, the information you provided in your post isn't really anything to get worked up about. Why is calmness associated with NT's? Identifying with an interaction style isn't really a good reason to change your type, either.

fway

Enneagram
8w79
SLI - Socionics ISTp (MBTI ISTP, too). ISTp's are probably the most soulless and calm type. =\

Why is calmness associated with NT's?

I'm not saying that they are the most calm type, the chart in the book is saying that NTs are calm, trust reason, yearn achievement (which I am certainly doing), etc. etc. The only part I don't agree with is the "aspiring wizard," Kiersey could have came up with something better, everything else I do agree with.

Being Calm Excerpt from Please Understand Me II said:
The preferred mood of Rationals, as Galen suggested, is one of calm. This is particularly true in stressful situations, when things around them are in turmoil, as C.S. Forester's Horatio Hornblower discovers a moment of crisis, after having set fire to the enemy ship which held him captive:

A side pane fell in as they watched, and a rush of flame came through the opening. The store of paint, Hornblower calculated -- he was calmer now, with a calm that would astonish him later, when he came to look back on it -- must be immediately under the cabin, and blazing fiercely.

Artisans like to be excited, Guardians are likely to get concerned about their responsibilities, and Idealists give their enthusiasm free rein, Rationals prefer to remain calm, cool, and collected. And if they cannot avoid these emotional states, they will try hard to avoid letting their concern, excitement, or enthusiasm show.
I don't really get excited about a fire. I certainly wouldn't go about contemplating my responsibilities. I wouldn't let enthusiasm take me over.

I also read the ISTP description from the book and can't really agree with it. Whenever I take the tests online I get xSTP. I can agree more with the ENTJ description from the book than with an online test. With INTJ I can only agree with certain parts of it, but not as much as ENTJ.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
xNTJ. E/I is hard to tell from the internet. You seem to use Te and Ni more than other functions though. You don't give off a Perceiving vibe. Sorry for the use of both dichotomies and functions - I look at every detail when typing. Although for some reason I've been accused of both looking only at dichotomies and only at functions:devil:

Probably ENTJ.
The not necessarily talking to people could just be NT speaking. Not that all NTs are reserved - NT just shows up differently in different people.

Can you answer these:
Do you feel cut off when isolated?
Do you gain energy from solitude or socialization(I hope that's a word)?
Do you present things as a polished idea or polish as you talk/type?
Would you say you live in your head or the world?

ENTJs are awesome, by the way. Well, some are psychopathic evil leaders. *cough* Satan *cough*

Looking at the type as a whole, you don't seem INTPish. I could be wrong.
Possibly an INTJ. In no way an ENTP.

Edit: I just read the rest of the post on this thread. Before I'd only read the original. Awesome, the test and you agree.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
That quote is full of horribly gross generalizations. Err, if you think you're ENTJ, you're ENTJ. I don't really care enough to argue, especially since I have so little information (much of what you said in the OP wasn't type-related, so very little information to work with) about you, and you should know yourself better than anyone else does. If you write more about yourself, we may be able to get somewhere.

Poprocks has no idea what she is talking about. I advise you to take everything this person says with a grain of salt. Where's the Ni in his posting? Really, she has no clue what she is talking about.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
That quote is full of horribly gross generalizations. Err, if you think you're ENTJ, you're ENTJ. I don't really care enough to argue, especially since I have so little information (much of what you said in the OP wasn't type-related, so very little information to work with) about you, and you should know yourself better than anyone else does. If you write more about yourself, we may be able to get somewhere.

Poprocks has no idea what she is talking about. I advise you to take everything this person says with a grain of salt. Where's the Ni in his posting? Really, she has no clue what she is talking about.

Hmm. Apparently you find it harder to let things go.

OP, you could be S. I do agree with Tyrant on some points, but I do know what I'm talking about.

To Tyrant: I don't see enough information to type him accurately, but what else can he say. This is why I asked him questions. He wants people's opinions, I'm giving him my opinion. What else can I do? Don't complain about not having enough information, he did say you can ask questions;). Complaining, in this case, is pointless.
And I'm not pissed off, so don't get agitated. I've decided to take everything you say with a grain of salt and find humor in it. Hey, thanks, you're bringing out my logical side.

To OP: Just stick with ENTJ if it fits you, it seems like a fairly good typing. Typing won't be exact for a long while, so just go with what you seem to have decided. Otherwise you'll spend your time on here second-guessing like I used to.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
To Tyrant: I don't see enough information to type him accurately, but what else can he say. This is why I asked him questions. He wants people's opinions, I'm giving him my opinion. What else can I do? Don't complain about not having enough information, he did say you can ask questions;). Complaining, in this case, is pointless.
And I'm not pissed off, so don't get agitated. I've decided to take everything you say with a grain of salt and find humor in it. Hey, thanks, you're bringing out my logical side.

You MUST ignore Tyrant. I saw him/her do this in a thread the other day, like everyone here is a moron that doesn't know what they are talking about. That isn't an argument, it's a childish put down with no intellectual explanation. I think Tyrant either has a troll tendency or a superiority complex, but don't take it personally. Someone else took it personally in the other thread. Do not give a person who calls themselves "Tyrant" who goes around putting other people down power that he or she does not deserve.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Don't complain about not having enough information, he did say you can ask questions.

Which is exactly what I did. Seems when your "logical" side is brought out, your reading comprehension suffers.

But the fact that you don't know what N is and assume I don't type by functions?

Silly - Ni and Ne (as well as Si and Se) are too different creatures, lumping them together like that just confirms my statements about your incompetence at typing.

Actually, marmalade, my accusations aren't totally unwarranted. She told me in a visitor message S types actively engage in assuming more than N types. She denies wording it that way, but even so, she never denies writing it. She listed off as something I do, and why she believes I'm a sensor. Same difference, and it's still a terrible generalization.

She also told me I'm skeptical of people's N and N in general, and I have developed Judging (lolwut?). If that isn't a sign she has no idea what she's talking about, I don't know what is. I'm fairly certain she has no clue what Introverted Intuition is, but says she sees a lot of it in fway's posts. Where's the Ni?

This isn't even on-topic, I was just giving fway some advice. If you disagree with me, show me you're not completely clueless.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
You MUST ignore Tyrant. I saw him/her do this in a thread the other day, like everyone here is a moron that doesn't know what they are talking about. That isn't an argument, it's a childish put down with no intellectual explanation.
:yes:
Someone else took it personally in the other thread.
:hi:
Eh, I sort of facetiously took it personally, but yes, it would be nice if some of us could refrain from dumping our verbal diarrhea all over the threads because of some strange ego complex.
He apologized to me though, so I can't be too harsh :)

Anyway, Tyrant, if you could explain to us your understanding of introverted iNtuition, I'm sure we would all find it helpful and enlightening. I am often confused and bewildered by this function, and I personally wouldn't mind having a little light shed on the subject. If we can get that far, maybe we can all be productive enough to help the OP further by shedding even more light on how it functions as a supporting role for leading Te.

fway

Enneagram
8w79
Do you feel cut off when isolated?
Nope.

Do you gain energy from solitude or socialization(I hope that's a word)?
I gain energy from sleeping. :alttongue: I gain energy from socialization.

Do you present things as a polished idea or polish as you talk/type?
If it's something important, it will be polished. If it's of no importance to me I don't do it or it will be hastily done.

Would you say you live in your head or the world?
I live in my head, but I know when to snap out of it.

If I do a google search for "blue" I think to myself questions like "why is blue called blue?", "why is blue considered the universal color of water?", etc. As long as it's related to the subject I ask myself these questions.

If I keep being fed questions I think I will be able to find out what type I am. So keep them coming. That's also another thing, if I keep getting fed questions I will answer them.

Anyway, Tyrant, if you could explain to us your understanding of introverted iNtuition, I'm sure we would all find it helpful and enlightening. I am often confused and bewildered by this function, and I personally wouldn't mind having a little light shed on the subject. If we can get that far, maybe we can all be productive enough to help the OP further by shedding even more light on how it functions as a supporting role for leading Te.

I would also like his explanation on Ni. Don't introverted functions have different meanings for everyone because they come from the self? So my version of Ni could be different from your version of Ni? Hmm?

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I would also like his explanation on Ni. Don't introverted functions have different meanings for everyone because they come from the self? So my version of Ni could be different from your version of Ni? Hmm?
That's a big fat NO, where did you get that from? How exactly would you define Ni?

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
My vote goes to ESTP based on what you've said. Being extroverted doesn't necessarily mean that you have to constantly be talking; I find myself taking long breaks from talking during conversations or just not knowing how to respond.