• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is he?

iLoveiLiveiAm

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have a close friend that has stumped me on what type he may be. He tells me a lot. So here goes...

He can be extremely hyperactive around his friends. Yet in a big crowd, he is nervous on the spot and hates conflict. He is optimistic for a future career in psychiatry...after overcoming his squeamishness.

He once talked about gender as if he was detached from it. He is obsessed with how his behavior is perceived, not by anyone else, but by himself. (In his own words) In school, he would take on the personality of the teacher in the class. He is organized at school and does very well. (When he bothers to care) His room is a mess and he does not care. :yes:

He never makes a definitive statement on some of what he believes. He says he can see how all religions connect without contradiction. He's also fairly Liberal. He says efficiency without morals is inefficiency. His morals are universal. He is not religious. He is emotional in his own way. He is connected to the dark side extremely.

Interests: Psychiatry, Psychology, Anthropology, Politics, Debate, English, Arts, Sciences, History, and so much more.

Fears: Heights, The way he dies, and being miserable forever.

Thanks. Alert me if more info is needed.

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Reminds me of a darker version of myself at times. lol

He can be extremely hyperactive around his friends. Yet in a big crowd, he is nervous on the spot and hates conflict.
I am naturally outgoing, have a grand time talking to random people if I'm in the mood. But if I'm in a big crowd of friends I can feel intimidated not knowing anyone. If I'm put on the spot in class, I can feel uncomfortable because usually I do very well, but I don't want people to think I'm bragging or too much of an overachiever and stuck up... if that makes any sense.
Question. Hyperactive in what way? When something cool happens he gets all excited, or he is the random quirky center of attention in general? This behavior can also have to do with your age, lots of extroverted teenagers get uncomfortable and self conscious when outside their group of friends.

He is obsessed with how his behavior is perceived, not by anyone else, but by himself.
I wouldn't use the word obsessed, but I *very* hard on myself, and expect my work to be better than everyone elses. I don't care so much what anybody thinks as the fact that I expect myself to reach the highest level of achievement. I'm not sure that's really the same as behavior perceptions though...
Question, how healthy does he seem emotionally? Alot of people can be this way in a new group of people or if they aren't confident in themselves.

He is organized at school and does very well. (When he bothers to care) His room is a mess and he does not care.
I'm really organized planning tasks etc, and in general care about keeping my stuff clean but not a neat freak...
Question I have is, does he plan stuff out and set goals, or is it more just a personal organization type thing?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
What I find ironic is, if this guy is an INFJ, why wouldn't the original poster automatically identify with at least part of his view on life since she is an INFJ?

iLoveiLiveiAm

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
INFJ.

Rriight.... :rolli:

(what does it mean to be "connected to the dark side"?)

Not as it sounds. :)

Twisted sense of humor. Understanding human nature in its "dark light".

He can be insulting at times.

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
iLoveiLiveiAm said:
He is wild and crazy at times. Much more anxious in public than the introverts I know. Emotionally, He can seem cold and uncaring. The opposite of this is more private. He has deeper feelings than he lets on. He plans things and sets goals.
Intriguing... if he's an NF, why would he seem cold and uncaring?

iLoveiLiveiAm

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Intriguing... if he's an NF, why would he seem cold and uncaring?

Stereotypes? Built up anger? He doesn't get along with his overly critical family. Maybe it's the people. I have the same problems. Which is why I think were the same. If his type is very different compared to mine; I must question my own.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
A lot of that description sounds like me. I'd say INFJ.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
My natural inclination is to say INFP, but INFJ is also very possible.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
His room is a mess and he does not care.

So? My room is a total mess except for my workplace and decoration. Books here and there, mugs, weights, random crap etc.
I'm still a J, and I still find what I need.

Jaguar

So? My room is a total mess except for my workplace and decoration. Books here and there, mugs, weights, random crap etc.
I'm still a J, and I still find what I need.

The last time I cleaned my room was a decade ago. :D

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I have a close friend that has stumped me on what type he may be. He tells me a lot. So here goes...

He can be extremely hyperactive around his friends. Yet in a big crowd, he is nervous on the spot and hates conflict. He is optimistic for a future career in psychiatry...after overcoming his squeamishness.

He once talked about gender as if he was detached from it. He is obsessed with how his behavior is perceived, not by anyone else, but by himself. (In his own words) In school, he would take on the personality of the teacher in the class. He is organized at school and does very well. (When he bothers to care) His room is a mess and he does not care. :yes:

He never makes a definitive statement on some of what he believes. He says he can see how all religions connect without contradiction. He's also fairly Liberal. He says efficiency without morals is inefficiency. His morals are universal. He is not religious. He is emotional in his own way. He is connected to the dark side extremely.

Interests: Psychiatry, Psychology, Anthropology, Politics, Debate, English, Arts, Sciences, History, and so much more.

Fears: Heights, The way he dies, and being miserable forever.

Thanks. Alert me if more info is needed.

The bolded are where I find similarities to myself. I think people are thinking E because of the hyperactive around friends thing, but I'm very much like that. In big crowds I can sort of be like that except when I realize people (I don't know well) are paying attention to me. Then I get very flustered. Conflict, no thank you. Hence the never making a definitive statement on beliefs. As far as the mess in his room goes, as long as the main house looks alright I'm good. You can close a bedroom door.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Us Js may consider ourselves disorganized because of our high expectations of ourselves, but whenever I fear that my side of the room looks like a pigsty, all I have to do is take a look at my ESTP roommate's side and I'll be fine about my side again.