• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I really an ESTP?

ESTPgirl

MBTI Type
estp
Enneagram
7w8
I have taken test after test after test.

My life has been kind of traumatic lately due to an unexpected discovery on my part out of a long term relationship. I am not sure if my emotions right now are as a result of this unusual situation and if that may cause me to have some of the feelings (OMG, I know!) I've been having.

Is there an absolute way to find out my type, a better test than just a few questions? I've taken the test through my current employer's career website, the free online tests, etc.

How can I be sure?

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
No, it's not as exact as taking a blood test. Some people here were typed as one thing for many years, only to decide that they were mistyped. Have you taken the cognitive functions test?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I've always thought the best way to type yourself is to research and learn the system, then evaluate from self analysis. Tests can only go so far. It may take a little more time, however I think it yields better results as long as you're honest with yourself.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have taken test after test after test.

My life has been kind of traumatic lately due to an unexpected discovery on my part out of a long term relationship. I am not sure if my emotions right now are as a result of this unusual situation and if that may cause me to have some of the feelings (OMG, I know!) I've been having.

Is there an absolute way to find out my type, a better test than just a few questions? I've taken the test through my current employer's career website, the free online tests, etc.

How can I be sure?

Your situation sounds very ESTP to me. I myself experienced a similar conundrum last year. We are cool, calm, and collected >95% of the time, but when our emotions are summoned up and we are forced to deal with them it can be crippling. I cannot decide with my emotions, and some decisions, especially those regarding relationships, are 100% feelings based decisions (should I stay or should I go? etc.).

Are you usually on an even emotional keel? Do you others perceive you as aloof/cold at times? Are you very direct and blunt? Are you comfortable staring disaster in the face, taking action to get through it, and then having to deal with emotions later (e.g. avoiding a car accident)? If so you are most likely a thinker.

I have a huge post on another forum about this topic. I'll send you a link to it if you like. :D

ESTPgirl

MBTI Type
estp
Enneagram
7w8
Are you usually on an even emotional keel? Do you others perceive you as aloof/cold at times? Are you very direct and blunt? Are you comfortable staring disaster in the face, taking action to get through it, and then having to deal with emotions later (e.g. avoiding a car accident)? If so you are most likely a thinker.

I have a huge post on another forum about this topic. I'll send you a link to it if you like. :D

THIS!!!!

Wow.

Ok, people think I am just cold hearted. In reality I am extremely sensitive but I do not show it. I am blunt and direct and outspoken to a fault.

I do my best work in crisis mode, in fact, this is when I am most satisfied. I seek chaos to find comfort and zen. Basically, I feel like the world is silent and blaringly loud during crisis and that is where I find my calm and I finally relax. I am needed in crisis.

If I need to break down later, which rarely happens, I do. By myself. No one ever knows.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
THIS!!!!

Wow.

Ok, people think I am just cold hearted. In reality I am extremely sensitive but I do not show it. I am blunt and direct and outspoken to a fault.

I do my best work in crisis mode, in fact, this is when I am most satisfied. I seek chaos to find comfort and zen. Basically, I feel like the world is silent and blaringly loud during crisis and that is where I find my calm and I finally relax. I am needed in crisis.

If I need to break down later, which rarely happens, I do. By myself. No one ever knows.

Well then, it looks like you're an ESTP after all! :cheese:

Don't cash in your "T" for "F." We can learn to let our feelings guide us. It's not easy, but it can be done. Being level headed and calm under pressure is a gift from God, as far as I'm concerned. I've had nerves of steel my whole life. I would not trade in that capability for a better "feelings compass." Never. :newwink: