• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an INTP, INTJ, or ENTP?

Triglav

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Or even an ENTJ?

I'm fairly introverted around people, not because I'd rather be alone but because I find most people to be very boring, predictable, and pretentious. I have a fairly abrasive personality and very much enjoy "being an ass" and acting passively aggresively to people who have somehow irritated me. I have met a few interesting people in my life but unfortunately they live on other continents and it's hard to keep in touch. If I was around people like that, I think I'd be fairly extroverted, but I don't really like people in general. I'm very good at public speaking, debating, and having a conversation, however. I can manipulate people easily.

I have a very strong N, but I'm not sure if it's Ni or Ne. I see connections between seemingly abstract things, but my humor is very Ni and in general I'm having a hard time figuring out the difference between Ni and Ne. Instead of thinking about all the different possibilities, I tend to think about one that makes the most sense to me and delve in that possibility instead of skipping around in a myriad of possibilities, if that makes any sense.

My T is also strong, but the distinction between Ti and Te seems to be blurred as well. Ti is, from my understanding, more about perfecting and Te is more about making more efficient. I sometimes think about my day and plan out where I will go and what I will do in my head, think about how things could be better and try to minimize the amount of time I have to do a chore or something like that, but other than that I am pure Ti, again, at least from what I understand. I subcategorize, take apart, and deconstruct to find the meanings of things, but I also construct to find the meanings of things, so I'm a little confused in that regard as well.

In terms of P/J, I'm sort of unorganized in the real world in that I have piles of paper lying around, but I can easily take out what I need and do what I have to do without shuffling through a lot of stuff. I think appearance is important. I tend to take a very long time to make decisions, but take a very short time to make judgements or predictions. I'm very autonomous and individualistic and dislike social norms, and can easily adapt to new situations. I don't like making lists on paper, but I do like making them in my head, but they're more like flexible lists than rigid lists. I don't like following deadlines but I find they help me get things done so I use them. I am not tolerant of other people's differences, meaning I don't really consider other people's opinions as important as mine. I like making decisions not because I like making decisions necessarily, but because I'm afraid someone less competent will make them and that will be disastrous and have negative ramifications on everyone else. I'm one of the most opinionated people ever, especially when debating, although I sometimes debate things I don't really think just for the sake of debating. I'd rather not be a leader if there is already a leader present, but if that leader is incopmetent I will find a way to get him out of power. If there's no one else to be a leader, I will be a leader. On the question of wether or not I'll go down with the ship or jump off of it too soon, I'll probably be stuck on indicisiveness and drown.

Please help type me, I've been trying to for weeks.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I dont think finding your mbti type will help you (if you need help that is)

But the following posters will prolly give it a shot

Jaguar

When people write: "I debate things I don't really think, just for the sake of debating," I want to slap them upside their head.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I mean, tell me if you disagree, but I'm seeing a pretty strong INTP. You're definitely dominant Ti, of that much I'm certain. The only thing that remains is, ISTP or INTP?

"I have a very strong N, but I'm not sure if it's Ni or Ne. I see connections between seemingly abstract things, but my humor is very Ni and in general I'm having a hard time figuring out the difference between Ni and Ne. Instead of thinking about all the different possibilities, I tend to think about one that makes the most sense to me and delve in that possibility instead of skipping around in a myriad of possibilities, if that makes any sense."

Well, that just means you're I, not E. You use Ti first, then imagine the possibilities of that internal organization using Ne. I don't really see much Ni at work here, and I'm unfamiliar with the association between Ni and humor. Since you mentioned having difficulty with Ni vs. Ne, I'll explain it to you how my genius ENTP MBTI whiz friend explained it to me.

Ni desperately always needs an open mind and a new approach. They constantly question themselves and attempt to step further and further outside their mental "box" to try to gain a new perspective. It's almost as if their brain has to literally fly out of their head and paint new picture versions of what it sees from outside the skull. It has been noted that Ni's have soooo much going on inside, they often perplex and astound THEMSELVES with their thought process.

Ne is less interested in internal growth, and desperately seeks external validation. It easily finds and interprets information from the outside world into an abstract, ideal, and often hilarious form. It needs to see possibilities, correlations, and meanings in order to create ideas and theories.

Which do you identify with more?

If you'll humor my guess, I think the humor you're referring to is actually Ne, not Ni. In your case, the Ne flows from the Ti - you have a rigid, logical internal decision process, and then you perceive the result of these decisions in an iNtuitive way.

Triglav

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Ni describes me more than Ne does in your description. By humor I meant that Ne humor tends to be more like Family Guy and Ni humor tends to be more like The Office and Curb Your Enthusiasm, the latter of which I find funnier than the former.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
You're an ISTP. You really shouldn't describe yourself with "strong Ne and strong Ni, but my humor is Ni" because you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

I'd recommend just describing yourself without using the four dichotomies if you really want to get anything conclusive. Really, it just looks like you c/p'd a shitty MBTI description.

Triglav

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm not an ISTP, every test I've taken gives some sort of N result. Where'd you get that information from? The ISTP description does not describe me in the slightest whereas the INTP one, as well as the INTJ one, and the ENTP one, describe me as if they have known me for years.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Tests are unreliable. I'm sure when "smart, imaginative, genius" were saw in those NT descriptions, it really stroked your ego ... If you're sure of being an Introverted Thinking type, you can't completely rule out ISTP. Let me just say, you're definitely not an XNTJ or ENTP. Probably not INTP either. Definitely not INFJ, that's for sure.

Like I said, write a description of yourself without using the four dichotomies if you really want to get anything conclusive.

Last edited:

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Wow, after reading the OP I was expecting a bunch of "you're ENTP" posts, but no. FWIW I'm getting a strong ENTP vibe.

Have you tried reading the descriptions over at BestFitType? (Scroll down to the links under the heading "Do you know your best-fit type?")

Triglav

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm very cautious in general and hate meeting new people, so I might not be an ENTP.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Why do you refuse to believe you're a sensor? And will you not take my advice?

Triglav

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Because I'm not a sensor, none of the sensor descriptions describe me at all in any way, while INTP, INTJ, ENTP, and ENTJ describe me extremely well. All of the tests I've taken had N as the highest letter, almost always 100% or in that area. Why do you continue to insist I am? Is there any proof at all in what I've written that I am a sensor? No, there isn't so shut the fuck up.

Triglav

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I think I wrote a pretty accurate description of myself in the OP, what else do I need? Tell me at least what kind of facts I need to include.