• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sooner than Later- help type me please?

ShadowPage

Help Type Me Please?

Edit: I'm really sorry if my title put anyone off reading this thread. I totally meant that *I* should ask for help sooner than later. :doh:

Also, I just realized how to change the title of the thread. :blush:
Back to the regularly scheduled programming.

I've been at this a long time now (two years or so), and I think I've reached a point where I need other people's perspectives to help me.

Because this is very long, I will split it up.
I figured it would be easier to write out random things about myself to start.

I don't actively avoid socializing, but I tend to end up on my own fairly often. I don't really mind it.

I am on my computer a lot. I tend to read the same blogs/article sites/stories and frequent the same sites overall, but I spend a lot of time doing so.

As much as I love music, I don't really know how to play anything. I have had a passing interest in the guitar and the clarinet, but I can't claim to really 'play' them.

I really enjoy dancing. It's great to be able to feel the music and move with it. (oftentimes in complete freestyle XD).

I really like videogames, particularly action/adventure and music games. At least half of my games are "hack'n'slash" or DDR! XD

I am pretty private. I don't like to share too much of myself with people too soon or too often. However, once I decide that I enjoy someone's company (and I mention it because sometimes this can happen quickly), I don't mind talking to them about stuff in general.

I like to write, but I hate writing assignments. There's something that really bothers me about the academic tone expected from most writing assignments I get- not to mention the fact that I just don't like to be graded on stuff I say (unless it's a matter of facts. I like to be corrected so that I'm not misinformed.).

I am not a fan of debating. I used to think of it as a well organized fight, but I now simply wish to avoid the intellectual chopping block debate can turn into. That said, I certainly enjoy watching a good debate! :smile:

I am kind of watchful about time. I don't like to be late for stuff. On the other hand, I will procrastinate for as long as I can before I have to leave for something to get there on time.

Last edited:

ShadowPage

And part 2!

I often have divided attention. Even when I am doing something that commands my attention because I am really interested (playing video games is a good example), I usually have an eye and an ear out for what's going on around me.

However, there have been a few times where I was completely unaware that someone was calling me because I was looking somewhere else! :rolleyes:

I absolutely love to laugh. I am pretty easy to amuse, too. I enjoy sarcastic humor, dark humor, ranting type humor (a la Lewis Black), word plays (provided, of course, that I'm quick enough to get them), and reference humor (like inside jokes and movie/book quotes). On the other hand, comics like Larry the Cable Guy and Lisa Lampanelli aren't funny to me at all.

I have a competitive streak. There's good fun in playing something that I've got some skill in- especially against people I might expect to be better than me! However, I dislike it when people take competition as an excuse to be mean to the other team/s. I don't mind talking myself up, but I'm not really interested in talking other people down.

I tend to let people talk over me a lot. It's not that I feel subordinate to other people or anything, I just usually don't know if I want to say something, so I kind of just let people who are more expressive get their words out there.

I am kind of literal. I don't really know how I can tell when something I read or hear might be literal or figurative, so I tend to be cautious, interpret it literally, and try to find more evidence to confirm or deny. Although, I don't have much trouble interpreting literature....

I'm in my head a lot. I've been told on numerous occasions to 'stop thinking about things so much,' but I still have trouble with it (I don't think I know how to stop thinking 'so much'! :smile:).

I don't like telling other people what to do. In times past I have taken on a leader role because I had knowledge about the situation at hand, but it's not something I strive for. I'm not a follower, but I'm not a leader, either.

I seem to fade into the background pretty easily. In fact, I've seen people looking over and around me a lot.

I like bright and dark colors, not so much a fan of light or pale ones. I'm pretty good at telling shades of a color apart, even if I don't know what each shade is called (I've never really paid much attention to that sort of thing, either).

I like to read, but I don't read novels very much anymore. When I was a kid, I devoured them, but now I tend to read things like blogs, manga, news articles, and forum posts. :newwink: However, I didn't really like and still don't like non-fiction reading much. I have to be using information from non-fiction reading for something in order to be interested.

That's probably a lot to work with! Hopefully not a tl;dr situation! :smile:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I get an ISFP sense from you. I locked in on Fi from your first introduction post...there was a hesitation in terms of things about you that you didn't reveal, and trepidation in terms of how you were perceived. You held yourself pretty close the vest initially, and have a very controlled manner of how you share personal information. SP seems to be pretty likely considering what you have written up there, you express a sense of "always looking out for something going on around you" in terms of an advantageous opportunity that can yield some fun, you like physical creative expression, and you thought aesthetics were an important thing to include in the first place :)

That's what I get from you initially.

ShadowPage

I get an ISFP sense from you. I locked in on Fi from your first introduction post...there was a hesitation in terms of things about you that you didn't reveal, and trepidation in terms of how you were perceived. You held yourself pretty close the vest initially, and have a very controlled manner of how you share personal information. SP seems to be pretty likely considering what you have written up there, you express a sense of "always looking out for something going on around you" in terms of an advantageous opportunity that can yield some fun, you like physical creative expression, and you thought aesthetics were an important thing to include in the first place :)

That's what I get from you initially.

:shock: Woah... you're good at this!
I don't know if I'm more surprised at how much like me that sounds or at the fact that it showed in my writing...
Thanks very much for the analysis. :)