• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Another "What type do you think I am?" thread.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Like I said in your second (?) type thread, I think you're ISTJ. I see strong Te, but I don't think you're an extravert. Your J seems fairly strong though, which I why I think it's slightly ludicrous that you would think you're any kind of P. There is nothing theoretical, tentative, or whimsical about you, so Ne secondary I don't see at all. You seem very down to earth, orderly, and J-like perfectionist. I don't get INTP or NP from you in the slightest, and I wonder how anyone else does.

I agree....you seem very ISTJ to me. I just don't see Ne.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Interesting, there's usually a mention of the "intermediate" types between INTP and ISTJ by now. No opinion in favor of INTJ or ISTP?

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
People must think you show even less Ni-Se. :p

Seriously though, your logic is all Te logic. External, measuring, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line stuff.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I quite thought many of your posts seemed INTP.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
External, measuring, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line stuff.

That depends on the context of Euclidean Geometry or non-Euclidean Geometry. Strictly speaking, Spherical Geometry has no straight lines, yet there is a shortest distance between two points and it is indeed a line.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know you that well, but the crystal ball tells me you are either a recovering F or a self-hating one. :)

You remind me of that certain type of gay guy who can't seem to wrap his head around the fact that no, every man on the planet is not a closet homosexual. :D

Interesting, there's usually a mention of the "intermediate" types between INTP and ISTJ by now. No opinion in favor of INTJ or ISTP?

I think many more people would chime in with useful advice if you'd bother explaining some of your basic values and personality. What do you do for a living? What are your interests and hobbies? What is most important to you? etc. etc.

The way you've posted thus far limits the responses to only people who've paid attention to your posts and given your type serious thought. By sheer probability, since there are so many people on this board, most people probably haven't paid that much attention to you and therefore can't really offer you any meaningful advice.

As for me, all I've got thus far is xxTJ. I agree with whoever said that the way you approached this thread seems pretty Te...explain more about yourself and maybe we can tell you more.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I think many more people would chime in with useful advice if you'd bother explaining some of your basic values and personality. What do you do for a living? What are your interests and hobbies? What is most important to you? etc. etc.

And the problem with that is, naturally, that I've always wanted to preserve more complete anonymity over the internet. There's that natural precaution about avoiding identity theft, stalkers, et cetera. It's also an interesting experiment to see what responses I can get when my words speak for themselves rather than being in the context of the speaker. I suppose I've also decided to remain a little less... controversial in my stay here. It's easier when I'm not associated with a group. It also doesn't alienate people from future conversation.

Well then, I suppose at least a small autobiography would be due.

Presently, I'm a student. High School student. Leave the ageism at the door. What about me? I suppose I could be described as someone unconventional. As some of you may have inferred from my avatar, I'm an anarcho-capitalist. (not that I didn't post that in the debate forum. ;) Yes, I don't "believe" in government. Label it as a youth rebellion phase if you must. I've heard it all. I've made it through school on the ability to exceed expectations on tests, especially multiple choice ones. While I'd prefer to think the situation through, I have no problem trusting my "gut" instinct and acting with what I think is probably true or at least appears to be true. I have no idea what supports that instinct, but it works.

What have other people called me? For the longest time, I was known as the computer guy. That title has waned a fair deal. I'm more of the maths and sciences guy now. High School math... that was easy and fun. My dad always attributed it to the fact that I could pick up a concept quickly and REMEMBER it. I didn't forget my lessons from year to year. Throughout AP Biology (loved that course), I gained a bit of a reputation as being Obsessive-Compulsive. I personally didn't find that label fitting compared to my normal behavior, but I did things to intense precision in that class. If results are to be replicated, the original results must be done as recorded and recorded as done. Sure, I knew what should happen at the next stage, but I wouldn't dare flavor results with confirmation bias.

What do I like about myself? Well, I'm usually the last one to panic under stress. I prefer to think that I have a level head in the face of adversity. (although therapists would argue that I'm prone to anxiety) Forgive my train of thought, but losing it when things get tough doesn't make things easier. I'm not perfect being, I can't always keep to that, but I try.

For my last note, I'll mention my interactions in the social realm. I would say that I question social norms, especially when it comes to interaction. Why pay for expensive clothes you'll hardly ever wear just to show up with everyone else who's breaking the bank with their wardrobe. Sure, there's a legitimate reason for it, but things would be cheaper for everyone else if they dressed casually at "formal" situations. Then there's table manners. I do not care how you eat your food, as long as it doesn't stop me from eating mine. Reciprocate, please? To diverge slightly, I've never accepted the assumption that having a social life as defined by others is necessary. If I don't have friends or anyone that likes me, then either everyone else has made themselves incompatible or I haven't found decent people yet. I'd say I'm rather accepting of how people act, as long as they don't stop me. What I look for in a friend is someone who tells it like it is and likes to hear it like it is. People don't sugarcoat good news. Sugarcoating something makes it harder to bare.

</rant>.
Like I said, that's not up for debate.

G

Glycerine

What have other people called me? For the longest time, I was known as the computer guy. That title has waned a fair deal. I'm more of the maths and sciences guy now. High School math... that was easy and fun. My dad always attributed it to the fact that I could pick up a concept quickly and REMEMBER it. I didn't forget my lessons from year to year. Throughout AP Biology (loved that course), I gained a bit of a reputation as being Obsessive-Compulsive. I personally didn't find that label fitting compared to my normal behavior, but I did things to intense precision in that class. If results are to be replicated, the original results must be done as recorded and recorded as done. Sure, I knew what should happen at the next stage, but I wouldn't dare flavor results with confirmation bias.

What do I like about myself? Well, I'm usually the last one to panic under stress. I prefer to think that I have a level head in the face of adversity. (although therapists would argue that I'm prone to anxiety) Forgive my train of thought, but losing it when things get tough doesn't make things easier. I'm not perfect being, I can't always keep to that, but I try.

</rant>.
Like I said, that's not up for debate.

Sounds like really strong Si with perfectionistic tendencies so i am leaning towards ISTJ. Si doms usually have EXCELLENT memories.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
A few "gaps":

Thus far, there's been almost no note on my feeling functions. It's been generally accepted that I'm some sort of a T. What about Fi? Fe?

While many considered me to have strong Te, most of them never thought that I was a Te-dominant. (an extravert.) Just about every post in this thread has thus far assumed and accepted an introversion preference. The short question: why?

I haven't yet seen an NT/SJ comparison in this thread. Isn't that usually an efficient method of typing someone, especially when the top two options for their type are from opposite temperaments?

While there's been mention of Ne and Si, there hasn't been a discussion on Ni and Se. Why?

As perhaps I should have said earlier, all comments thus far have been appreciated. This post is an attempt to hammer things out from slightly different angles.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well you at least dont get ashamed with having people analyzing you.

I am no big fan of the mbti model, therefore I will give you the advice: dont think about it. I have been typed so many different types by now, it's just wishful thinking to think this model will ever work on humans :)

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I believe you're a socionics INTj if that means anything.
I've generally concluded the same.

Socionics was always easier for me to type myself. Not because Socionics is inherently "easier" or "better." It's a more arcane art, relative to MBTI. There are less people with differing opinions and interpretations on the subject. However, as any observer here has noted, there's a LOT of ways to interpret MBTI and many of them are easily available to the English-speaking population.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't know...your writing style seems istjish but the content does not.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well Matthew, tell us about your feeling functions then?

You've talked about your strengths, what are your weaknesses? What are your hopes and dreams?

(NT/SJ comparison is for Kierseyans. :p)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Elaborate?

i thought it was pretty clear :/

the way you speak...sounds istjish...like someone else said the sense of formality... the way one speaks when dealing with customers/ clients at work but the things you're saying...do not...it's not what you say but how you say it.

going by the content...i would guess intp... or maybe intj...but truthfully i hesitate to type anyone ever because i just don't know enough about all of them.

so...it was just an observation.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Well Matthew, tell us about your feeling functions then?

You've talked about your strengths, what are your weaknesses? What are your hopes and dreams?

(NT/SJ comparison is for Kierseyans. :p)

Right... weaknesses. There's a reason people don't talk about those.

I suppose I want to be in a position one day where I play everything by my own terms. A world where the only bullshit I see is the bullshit I make and the bullshit I want. Someplace nice where I don't need anyone telling me what to do. Perhaps I'd entertain a guest, but it would be because I want to, not because I have to.

If I ever wanted to be remembered by history, I'd like to be remembered as someone who saw something and actually did something about it. Someone, perhaps, who saw a half-functional system and brought it up to full capacity. Not necessarily a change as much as it would be a refinement. An improvement by returning to the working parts of a system and eliminating the wasteful parts of it. It may not be a reasonable goal, but no person has ever hoped, lived, and died for a reasonable goal.

If you can believe I was being authentic there, Kudos.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh but it was clear. I asked not to change your statement, but to expand it. What more could be drawn from what you observed?

okay right yeah...i'm not sure... i've never seen an intp write that way...or an istj say those things haha...but that's all i got for ya. :D

unless...entj makes sense...does it?