• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

is she ENFP or ENTP?

revolve

So, i had my aunt take the test twice online & both times she came out ENFP (which is what I am) but she seems so much different than me . . . could she be ENTP? she is a loud super fast talker, has excellent verbal dexterity & vocabulary, worked as a "statistician" / working w/ numbers for over 20 years, never married no kids & is in her 50's, has been traveling all over the world for 30 years now, is super cynical & critical of everybody & their mother, has a larger than life persona / boisterous / commands attention wherever she goes & embarrasses the heck out of me - seems like an enneagram 8 i would have to say . . . she is ALWAYS is a hurry & has NO patience for anything, she has ZERO interest in spirituality, when she eats she cannot stop herself & has ZERO regard or awareness if there is enough left for others (like at family meals- i will have to say, "Aunt X, 3 people still haven't gotten any potatoes!")

I'm sure all the information i've given is useless in determining her type but i just want to know what you guys think cuz my best friend says she's ENTP but i say she is an unhealthy ENFP . . .

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP is a very real possibility.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
has a larger than life persona / boisterous / commands attention wherever she goes
How would that remotely so much as suggest she's a T and not an F?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
She sounds more like a sensor than intuitive.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Doesn't sound very ENFP or ENTP to me. Could've been the info the gave though *shrug*

revolve

it doesn't . . . i was just trying to give you guys a "feel" for her . . . so maybe you could envision this character . . . or maybe someone is like, "woah she sounds like my mom" - kind of thing . . . maybe that's a bad way to go about this or maybe just maybe i'm just doing this for fun / entertainment . . . cuz she probably is enfp.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Statistician != ENTP. Too much organization. Statistical analysis, on the other hand, is something we can do.

Happyman

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
She sounds more like a sensor than intuitive.

Yeah, my first thought was: ESTP? But I don't want to mess with your head. ;) A moment ago you were considering 2 options and now you have 4!

She's very similar to my mother, btw. :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
all i know is that i know myself and 5 other enfps now...just recently discovered a couple friends were enfp and...we're very different.

revolve

And how is she unhealthy? :shock: She sounds fun.

she is super fun in very small doses . . . she wears everyone out with her constant chatter. also i do believe she is unhealthy because she does not take care of her body - she wouldn't go to the dentist for 20 years & let her teeth get horrible (they were bad to begin with), she neglected her body & developed diabetes & became quite obese - she definitely has an eating disorder (binging but no purging), i feel that she has some "anger" issues as well plus more . . . i feel also that the outside reflects the inside to a certain extent as far as self esteem / self worth type stuff . . . but now i'm getting kinda too far out there

revolve

all i know is that i know myself and 5 other enfps now...just recently discovered a couple friends were enfp and...we're very different.

TRUE THAT!!! i have one friend that i thought was ISTJ years ago & she came out ENFP . . . again & again & again . . . and even when she read the description the 1st time was like, "yep that's totally me" & i'm like no it's totally not you, but i guess i was wrong . . .

Kyi

MBTI Type
ENFP
It's hard to type people based off a few things they may do here and there. I feel like without a doubt, I am an ENFP. I'm having difficulty understanding the difference between other types though... how one function difference may completely change the way they are. Like I was trying to figure out what type someone I know was, and I am guessing INTP or ISTJ... I know they are two completely different, but somehow I just can't figure it out. I guess I don't know them well enough.

But I am going to guess your aunt to be ENTP.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
It sounds to me like shes an ESTP, some of those things you mentioned really reminded me of my sister.

Nigel Tufnel

MBTI Type
ENTP
sounds very ENTP - takes one to know one

Winston Churchill, a big ENTP, apparently couldn't control himself while eating, and would mix chocolate with dinner while smoking

ESTPs tend to be more sensitive to people around them - unlikely to forget where they are and eat everyone else's food, also unlikely to be embarrassing, they're usually smooth socially and far more aware of how people are perceiving them than we ENTPs are