• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

That damn Facebook quiz threw me off...

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
I can't type a really close friend of mine and it's driving me crazy.

She tested as an INTP on the MyPersonality facebook app. (I'm sure that's wrong....)

She's really people-oriented. She is often "brutally honest," and quite outlandish with her opinions and ideas, but mostly she's very motherly and always calls people "honey." She LOOOVES kids. She has very low self-esteem, although you can hardly tell from the way she acts. She gets VERY stressed out about social issues and can't bear drama. She's very committed to her many extracurricular activities.

Her general temper, however, is decidedly synonymous with that of a hyperactive, demented, small child.

I was leaning towards INFP. Thoughts?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

She tested as an INTP on the MyPersonality facebook app. (I'm sure that's wrong....)

She's really people-oriented. She is often "brutally honest," and quite outlandish with her opinions and ideas, but mostly she's very motherly and always calls people "honey." She LOOOVES kids. She has very low self-esteem, although you can hardly tell from the way she acts. She gets VERY stressed out about social issues and can't bear drama. She's very committed to her many extracurricular activities.

Her general temper, however, is decidedly synonymous with that of a hyperactive, demented, small child.

I don't know, but if you figure it out, tell me. It seems like a have a bit in common with her. Except for the loving kids part - I love teenagers instead and really have a heart for wanting to help wayward adolescents.

G

Ginkgo

INFPs are generally very agreeable, especially around strangers. They don't usually become "brutally honest" unless they feel something is terribly wrong, or if they're comfortable sharing their opinions with close friends.

I would actually be inclined to say that she's INFJ. In fact, many INFJs are mistyped as INTPs. (I'm not saying that all INFJs have demented, immature temperments.) ;)

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
Hmm... I'll look into that, then, I don't know much about INFJs.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Usually people who say they can't handle drama are drama queens. (/hides)

I think she could be an SP. [random: ESTP?]

Maybe more info would be helpful.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP. Just going with N based off the quiz, but any ExxP may fit that. I get a major extrovert vibe, just from that short description.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
brutally honest doesn't mesh with ENFP, as much.

I agree with the E.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
brutally honest doesn't mesh with ENFP, as much.

I agree with the E.

Yeah, I don't see NF either actually.... I think ExTP is a possibility. Maybe ESFP, but they don't tend to be brutal either.

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
It's possible she's only brutally honest to ME. She's quite the fluffy, flirty, airheaded ball of sunshine when she gets enough sleep. But she does have strong opinions on most things (and people.) And she's very hardworking.

Ugh. It's hard to type someone when you've seen EVERY facet of their personality. I detect every function in her behavior and can't tell what's dominant!

redacted

You give us very little information...

Even if we did guess a type, our methodology would be just that -- guessing.

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
You give us very little information...

Ha, sorry. I assumed too much information would be irrelevant/boring.... I mean, some of the type-me posts on here get ridiculously long....

annnd i don't have the patience or willpower to write more.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think she might be an ENFP.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Usually people who say they can't handle drama are drama queens. (/hides)

...which would be relevant if the person being typed had said it. It looks more like the OP said it as an observation of her friend, not as a reiteration of something her friend said about herself.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
...which would be relevant if the person being typed had said it. It looks more like the OP said it as an observation of her friend, not as a reiteration of something her friend said about herself.

Oh shup, I was just creating drama.

And usually if someone thinks of drama (good or bad) when they are talking about their friend.....

People dislike drama.. because they are involved in it.. because...

See? It makes sense to me. The most drama free people I can think of - I certainly wouldn't say "hated drama" when I was describing them - I wouldn't even think about drama.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's possible she's only brutally honest to ME. She's quite the fluffy, flirty, airheaded ball of sunshine when she gets enough sleep. But she does have strong opinions on most things (and people.) And she's very hardworking.

Okay, now I say ESFP.

deleted
drama: a play for theater, show, or television, or
an exciting, emotional, or unexpected series of events or set of circumstances

Interesting.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Based on the little information you've got on here, I say your guess is right. She sounds an awful lot like my mom, who is INFP. Remember - INFP is the "Idealist." They are dominant Fi, secondary Ne. Introverted feeling means they derive their decision making process from their emotional reactions to things. In other words, they're very likely to have an arbitrary concept of morality on an internal level (because it's based on how they feel about the subject), and an abstract, broad, outside-the-box external perception of the world. This extroverted iNtuition stems from and flows from their internal emotionally based judgments about life. Hence, you have a person who (most likely) has deep convictions about certain subjects (you mentioned social issues - this is typical for idealists), and their perception of the outer world is based on these convictions. Because of this, they're most likely to be found in jobs where they can feel like they're positively impacting people's lives for the good of society. Example of the thought process: "Well, you know what? People shouldn't get sick because I feel like sickness is unethical...I think I'll be a nurse to provide healing for suffering individuals to try to completely fix this broken world I live in and hopefully one day see the big fat result of my work." There's nothing wrong with this approach (despite my sarcastic description), and I have an immense respect for people who can operate this way. But don't misunderstand P and J by saying that P's lack the drive to accomplish big things. Often "idealists" are so deeply convicted by their inner feelings, they just HAVE to try to achieve BIG results, and they tend to feel inadequate when they can't change the world.