• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My parents

MBTI Type
INFJ
Would you like to help me typing my parents? Don't want to bother you, just if you're interested..... they dont want to take the test, but I have annoyed them with other tests as well, so this does not mean that they are likely to be S :)

My father
1.) He is a self-employed orthopedist and works very hard, aprox. 12 hours a day. Wants to decide everything for himself, wants to be his own boss.

2.) Has a very idealistic approach concerning his jobs, really wants to help everyone, even psychologically if he can.

3.) Nevertheless on the other hand he's materialistic, has fulfilled some clichés and has had exepensives cars when it's been possible. Generally very interested in cars and formula 1 in his spare time

4.) Wants to be the best in his field, and cannot EVER stand to be criticized. If you criticize him he will argue as long with you as you admit you are wrong.

5.) Generally ALWAYS has to win when he is arguing....so annoying, grmpf. Even when arguing with me as a child (which was quite depressing).

6.) Fulfills very traditional gender roles and is fond of them generally, usually saying "women are like..." and "men are like..." very annoying as well.

7.) Very very active person, doing a lot of sports in his free time, travelling wherever possible, and always going hiking, walking etc. until it gets dark (extreeeeme).

8.) Even though he argues quite logically, he can be extremely sentimental but does not show it....

9.) Always wants me to give concrete examples, and I think he very often thinks my areas of study to be too theoretical, nothing that can be used and does not prepare me for a job (I'm studying german literature and english).

10.) Generally only believes in what he can SEE - very empirical approach (would NEVER ever question "reality" or "perception").

11.) He is very authoritarian, but my mum says when he was younger everybody liked him because he was a very, very good listener and interested in everyone's problems.

12.) He has a rather strict working moral and expects everyone else to be like him (regular job, hard-working).

13.) He can be very unempathetic. But likes to ask a lot of personal questions.

Can't think of anything else. I think it's very clear that he is J, and probably T I thought....but I have NO idea about S and N.....I find clues for both, but would have thought rather S.....so....ESTJ or something....?

My mother

1.) She is very empathetic.

2.) Is a teacher but has worked with my father for 20 years or so, so I guess she also has a VEEERY traditional gender role ideology....

3.) Is a very warm person, and asks personal questions, although she talks A LOT about herself.

4.) Is often annoyed by my father beeing so unempathetic.

5.) Can be very dominant, always knows what is best for me.

6.) Was a very, very protective mother, really over-protective. Always thought about all things that could happen to me.

7.) Would say she is very intuitive in a certain way, as she sometimes has a feeling about something that will happen....and is often correct, if not always.

8.) Is often aware of other people's feelings and motives.

9.) She is very judgemental if she has made up her mind. On the other hand she is easily influenced by other's opinions and takes them over as their own....

10.) She often says she is not as smart as my dad and me, and also thinks that she is not as theoretical as we are (though I think my dad is not).

11.) She can be very direct and speaks her mind.

12.) She complains about everything :)

So, that's it for the moment......I think she is definitely some kind of F, but for the other variables....I don't have a clue......

Thanx so much for ANY guesses......

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Dad: ESTJ

Your mom sounds like my mom, so INFJ.