• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Auxilary function

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
So lately I've been thinking about MBTI. (Surprising isn't it? :p) Anyway, I've realized that since I'm pretty positive on my primary function, to figure out my type, all I have to do is figure out my auxiliary function. Simple, right? Surely I've developed at least enough of it for me to figure it out.

I know that I definitely relate to Fe more than Te if Te is all about organization. But surely Te must be something more than that?

/DG/

ISFJ - Serving others was a main point in the description and I don't agree with it. I do agree with family being my most important thing, but beyond that I'm not sure.

ISTJ - The description was rather short, and while I don't relate to it that much, but I wouldn't discount it.

/DG/

Yeah, that website has some really great descriptions.

I mostly agree with the ISFJ description, except for the organization part (which is very minor in relation to the whole description). Brainstorming isn't difficult for me, but I don't do it because I like to just jump in to whatever I'm working on. Let's say I'm going to write a paper, I don't want to fill out a "brainstorming sheet," I just want to start writing.

For the ISTJ description, I reaaallly disagree with the last paragraph. It talks about planning every event I am going to do the next day. And I don't believe in more work than fun. :/ But other than that, I agree with most of it.

Also this implies ISFJ- Behind-the-Scenes
This implies ISTJ- Chart-the-Course

I actually don't think I've ever looked at those before. I definitely identify with the ISTJ one if I'm trying to get work done when I'm in a group.

redacted

Do you organize your world around what will work or what is right?

/DG/

Err... what do you mean by the first part of that question?