• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Turning myself in

lamp

It has recently come to my attention that I may be INFP. After reading about enneagram all day, I think I am 5w6. Very uncertain here.

Somebody tell me I am wrong. Or right. I will disregard you either way. Why is this important? Why am I 'wasting' time on this? I do not know.

Nizy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Its about time you confessed.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*smiles*

No, you feel like a 5 to me, that seems about right.
Not sure if that means that you're INFP though :)
I'd suggest, if you have the stomach for it, reading through SolitaryWalkers profiles for that.

And you're doing this coz you wanna understand yourself better. Nothing wrong with that.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll talk to you about this later lamp once I get home from school later on... What exactly implies introversion for you?

Introverts, we gain energy from being alone. I interact with the world to release the energy that I retain from being alone. There comes a point with socializing where I absolutely must get away, or else I will get very irritable and tactless. I live a lifestyle that basically conserves energy, but if I conserve too much I go insane. Since I need to let it out. I don't mind not being with people, I don't require them a lot, but they're nice when I need to release energy, and friends are just nice in general.

Extroverts seem to be the opposite. You guys are constantly energized by the world and by interacting, and you chill off and blow off the energy when it becomes too intense when you're on your own. Some more extroverts would probably have to comment further on this, but yeah.

5w6 does seem very much right for you now that I think of it. There are type 5 ENTPs, so why not ENFP? I'll go over some of my thoughts about it in ventrilo later on when I'm fully awake and done with my day (~8 hours from now).

G

Glycerine

Extroverts seem to be the opposite. You guys are constantly energized by the world and by interacting, and you chill off and blow off the energy when it becomes too intense when you're on your own. Some more extroverts would probably have to comment further on this, but yeah.

They have to be interesting people and a steady stream of energy for me or else I get bored/ drained pretty quick. I can't stand emotional intensity or high energy for an extended time either. If it becomes emotionally tense and/or consistently high-energy (Se overload?), I need to alone time or I explode. However, if they are cool people, I can socialize for many hours w/o getting tired... it's energizing.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They have to be interesting people and a steady stream of energy for me or else I get bored/ drained pretty quick. I can't stand emotional intensity or high energy for an extended time either. If it becomes emotionally tense and/or consistently high-energy (Se overload?), I need to alone time or I explode. However, if they are cool people, I can socialize for many hours w/o getting tired... it's energizing.

Yeah exactly, no one likes boring people or unpleasant people to be around.

lamp

I am back for a reality check. Am I ENTP? What started as a joke with my friend that I was ENTP has now become . . . more serious. It seems grossly wrong that I am unable to decide between aux Fi + tertiary Te and aux Ti + tertiary Fe. I think all the time. But I dont really act like an NT. and my friends have not called me out on being NF. I am more uncertain now than when I started this thread, and also I still think I am 5w6, though I am of course uncertain.

so somebody tell me something, like my type or my not-type. you dont have to be right, or serious. I am going to stop thinking even though this post is probably lacking, and go do things like eat.

lamp

What does that mean? :laugh:
NTs are rationals. Whatever that means.

So I am going to not identify with F and see what happens, not that I am embracing T. 'Detaching from the third letter' (and here, I embrace E5, like moving from one sinking ship to another).

I am not emotionally avoidant and I dont despise emotions or feelings, like some NTs I know appear to do. I enjoy feelings most of the time.

Being ENFP always made sense to me; being illogical made sense to me. As a teenager I realized that I frequently chose options that would seem illogical to others. When I decided I was ENFP, I figured that Fi dictated my decision and I just rationalized everything to myself, telling myself that my choice offered options that the other choices did not. But now I wonder if I am ENTP and there is no Fi going on; I wonder if I am pursuing these irregular prospects because of what they offer and it is as simple as that.

I feel like I should look to elements in my life (Si) for a read on T versus F, but I do not know where to look. Probably 90% of the people I know or have dated are thinkers. Being a cooperative type (NF) over a utilitarian one (NT) made sense to me. But now I wonder, if the combination of a wing six enneatype and the tertiary Fe that ENTPs have causes me to come off cooperative. And I have no idea how I am questioning my F type, Fe and Fi seem very different. And I cannot help but note that ENTPs, Ti, Enneatype 5 and I all flirt with nihilism.