• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help with determining ENTJ or ENTP?

GatorGirl

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well, I LOVE to debate and even have trouble in my head arguing with myself when trying to figure a situation out...

But, I definitely get way more satisfaction from starting projects than I do from finishing them.

Maybe telling you my ideal job would be best: I would ultimately like to be a consultant for business systems analysis where my primary job was to identify inefficiencies and offer solutions to fix them.

I am currently in a executive assistant role where I support the Chief Marketing Officer of a company and have been put into a data analytics support role with marketing research. I get really annoyed with over complicated and/or unnecessary processes and people who just can't do their damned job.

Does that help at all?

Jaguar

Maybe telling you my ideal job would be best: I would ultimately like to be a consultant for business systems analysis where my primary job was to identify inefficiencies and offer solutions to fix them.

Does that help at all?

Making things run more efficiently is ENTJ's specialty.
"and people who just can't do their damned job."

Typical ENTJ comment, in quotes.

GatorGirl

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yeah, when I take tests I always either get ENTJ or ENTP, but the PJ part is always right in the middle with slightly more to one side.

What makes me seem ENTP is that I get really bored really easily with routine and I thought that was a marked trait of ENTP... Is that ENTJ, too?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agreed.

Unless she all of a sudden demonstrates an urge to debate the color of lint.
Then all bets are off.

What are you, blind? It's obviously purple!

GatorGirl

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I have a basic routine... I guess maybe I just get bored when not challenged? Hate being stagnant?

VagrantFarce

Possibly :)

Really, it's suprising how much difficulty you're having with this since they're two completely different types; one loves to set challenges, take charge of situations or people and accomplish goals efficiently, while the other is more jokish, personable and aimlessly inventive. It's like comparing "The Terminator" with "Catch Me if You Can". :)

GatorGirl

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well, almost every test I take give me ENT ten 50/50 p or j... Maybe the opposition of the two is the reason people, including myself, have a hard time figuring me out! lol