• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Slightly confused

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I have been bugging my mum for months to take the human metrics test and finally on Sunday she rang me to tell me her type ..
E 22%
S 1%
F 12%
J 22%

I was close i thought she was ESTP then ESFp .. I am confused though by the percentages .. Why so low and what does the 1% mean?

So yesterday i got my little sister to take the test (i thought she might be ESTP) so it may help my mum better able to communicate with her as they are at total loggerheads with other. My sister came out as
E 22%
S 1%
F 25%
J 1%

My mums and sisters first 2 letters on the percentages are exactly the same .. Coincidence?

When my sister answered this question i was shocked .. When watching TV shows, do you feel like you are apart of it? (something like that). Now i was going to start a thread as to which type would answer yes to this question as curious. My sister answered yes but both me and my mum answered no.
Now i know before you start that we don't all share the same box just because we share the 4 letters, but i did suspect we would answer the same questions correctly.

My sister (18 yrs old) is VERY unhealthy at the moment, well has been for some time and all of us when we found out her type was like 'Oh nooooo, she isn't' but apparently she is. Whatever.

Last one.

I got my close male friend to take the test last night, again i thought ESTP as he corrupts me when we are out, is incredibly sociable and is somehow able to read me very well which most people can not as I'd like to think i hide it well. Anyway, he tested ENTJ .. I couldn't believe it. In some ways i can see it now and in other ways, i am just 'wow'.

I only know one other ENTJ and she is someone you don't mess with. She has no humour, everything is serious and although we are polite with each other, i still feel uncomfortable around her. However, with my friend we get on soooo well. I think he may want more from me than friends but i am not going there.

Does anyone know how the dynamics of ESFJ and ENTJ work?

It is great that we are not sensitive around each other, we both say it how it is, but everything is in a humourous manner. He bears his soul to me which can take aback slightly but he must trust me incredibly to share what he does.
Being honest, i have always thought from seeing ENTJ people on here that you'd have nothing in common with me. We are at opposite extremes. Now seeing my friend and the type he is, it has blown my theory out of the water. Which is great news.

Thanks. :)

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFJ and ENTJ are all eight functions (or the complexes employing them) running in reverse from each other

FeSiNeTiFiSeNiTe
TeNiSeFiTiNeSiFe

So they might be totally at odds.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
ESTJ and ENTJare all eight functions (or the complexes employing them) running in reverse from each other

You mean ESFJ. Yeah, they're pretty much opposite personalities.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Does anyone know how the dynamics of ESFJ and ENTJ work?

The theory you can read about yourself, but here's my take on my ESFJ mother.

She's very easy to get along with and very easygoing. She enjoys the "simplelife" and is not interested in any intellectual pursuits. Seems like she doesn't enjoy thinking much at all. She's very much a routine-person and most of the time, very rigid. Like, we must eat dinner at 7pm or else the earth stops spinning. I get the feeling she's not able to hear me. I'll ask her to do or not do something, she nods and says yes, as if she understands - but the results are just... not what I wanted. I get annoyed by the fact that she seems unable to understand and analyze a situation. She can't crisis management to save her life, cause she has a hard time grasping the complexity. She's very detail fixated, with every given thing and situation, only able to see what's right in front of her. She can be nitpicky about how the house should be organized, according to her which bothers me, cause maybe it's just not practical, functional or efficient in a larger sense. She has a tendency to move my things! I hate that. I get annoyed when she pays too much attention to social pressure (what's right according to the rest of the society, what does the neighbors think about our old car ect) and falls for it. Later, she tries to push them and her values on me, I hate that too. I get the feeling she's not comfortable with being completely honest at times. But she's a great mother and I always try to be sensitive to her feelings, cause I know I've hurt them many times just by being me. So I guess I can't be completely honest with her at times too. She's very caring and supportive of my ideas and visions, if they are in line with hers. And she worries about people she cares about. My mother is incredibly unselfish, especially when it comes to her family. And she always put our needs before her own. There are certain thing we can't talk about cause I can't communicate what I'm thinking properly so that 1. she'll fully understand and 2. she doesn't start crying. Oh, and she's very good at smalltalk, but she worries too much about what other people think.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Wow. I am surprised we are at being at total odds yet we get on soooo well. Hmm.
I suppose it just shows that people can get along even if their type would suggest otherwise.

Salt n' Pepper .. I am sure your mother is a lovely person. Even that is a bit to extreme for me. lol, my kids have to remind me sometimes to cook them food. As for routine, no not really.

Actually thinking of it, your mum sounds like mine. I can't have a deep debate with her. I go to my step father (who hasn't taken the test yet even though i have bugged him a million times and even put it in their favourites on the laptop, jesus, just take the damn test) and speak about space, time, physics, the future and its possibilities and technology. I have asked my mum why she doesn't get involved and she told me that it requires her to think to much and outside of the box. I suppose for her, if it isn't relevant to the here and now, then there isn't much point talking about it. Fair enough. Each to their own.

Thank you for your replies.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I know I brought up a lot of negatives. It's not a fair picture. But I wanted you to know about the red flags, the rest you can happily figure out on your own.