• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I was SO sure I was ENTP...

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
But I just read that Calvin, of Calvin and Hobbes, is supposed to be INFP.
Calvin's ramblings pretty much define my perspective of the world. Even as a kid (well, especially as a kid) I would read the comics and be like, "I said that to my parents TODAY!"

Have I been looking at this MBTI thing upside-down this whole time? Goddammit.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
But I just read that Calvin, of Calvin and Hobbes, is supposed to be INFP.
Calvin's ramblings pretty much define my perspective of the world. Even as a kid (well, especially as a kid) I would read the comics and be like, "I said that to my parents TODAY!"

Have I been looking at this MBTI thing upside-down this whole time? Goddammit.

Do you find really offensive humor to be hilarious?

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
INFP. You're welcome.

BAH.
To be more specific: I laugh and say things like, "That's terrible!" semisarcastically. Inside, I'm fighting over whether to succumb to society's predefined morals and find it offensive, or stick to my humbly unemotional opinions.
That's the problem... even internally I can't decide whether I'm T or F.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
BAH.
To be more specific: I laugh and say things like, "That's terrible!" semisarcastically. Inside, I'm fighting over whether to succumb to society's predefined morals and find it offensive, or stick to my humbly unemotional opinions.
That's the problem... even internally I can't decide whether I'm T or F.

But does the joke bother you?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram

Could just be the Ne in common. Ya might still be ENTP. Do you generally relate better to descriptions of ENTP or INFP?

LEVINA

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Do you find really offensive humor to be hilarious?

I'm an ENTP, and when I laugh at this, My automatic response is "Geez guys, lighten up for a second's sake!" Before automactically going "SHIT! There goes my teachers' respect/kindness cred!"

:cool:

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
Could just be the Ne in common. Ya might still be ENTP. Do you generally relate better to descriptions of ENTP or INFP?

Reading the "You know you're INFP when..." thread, I related with 90% of the stuff there. However, with the more in-depth descriptions I'm definitely on the ENTP side.

I'm an ENTP, and when I laugh at this, My automatic response is "Geez guys, lighten up for a second's sake!" Before automactically going "SHIT! There goes my teachers' respect/kindness cred!"

:cool:

Haha, I've learned to suppress that instinct in me :p

Synthetic Darkness

Just because you can identify with a character in a book doesn't mean you are the same type. I related to Holden from Catcher in the Rye but that doesn't make me an INFP I'm still an ENTP I just find something in common with that character.

If I was the same type of every character I identified with I'd be all the types =| Books and movies are all created to pull in their audiences by making them identify with the characters, writers and actors would be shit if they couldn't do that.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Just because you can identify with a character in a book doesn't mean you are the same type. I related to Holden from Catcher in the Rye but that doesn't make me an INFP I'm still an ENTP I just find something in common with that character.

If I was the same type of every character I identified with I'd be all the types =| Books and movies are all created to pull in their audiences by making them identify with the characters, writers and actors would be shit if they couldn't do that.

Thank you!

If it weren't the case I'd be an INTJ.
But we are who we are.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When reading, I always relate to highly skillful protagonists and heroes alike.