• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is Matthew?

What is Matthew_Z's type?

• INTP

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • INTJ

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • ISTP

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
As some of you may have learned through conversations via Ventrilo and elsewhere, I view type as a bit more of a "static" state in the sense that I cannot, under any reasonable circumstances, be 100% sure that I am any one type. MBTI is, by no means, an exact science. Therefore, I tend to juggle a few possible types in my head that I consider to be possibilities and juggle their ranking and likelihood of being my type around as new information presents itself to me.

The purpose of this thread is to see if the general conclusions about my type I've reached through introspection line up with the general impression I give to others through my interactions on this forum and related areas, all for a more holistic approach.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I think that, considering the amount of time you spend being unsure of your type, you are very clearly INTP :D

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Somehow I knew this response would happen.

Aw. I'm sorry to be predictable dear.

I leave the serious discussion to members who have interacted with you more frequently :)

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Aw. I'm sorry to be predictable dear.

I leave the serious discussion to members who have interacted with you more frequently :)
Didn't you ever hear the "If you think you're INTX, you're INTP" argument before?

You'll need to pop on Vent sometime.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Didn't you ever hear the "If you think you're INTX, you're INTP" argument before?

You'll need to pop on Vent sometime.

I wasn't aware it was such a cliche! Clearly I'm missing a whole other section of this forum by abstaining from Vent.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
INTJ unless he's been faking. Could be borderline, but chess is more of an INTJ thing--closed system of rules. INTPs do better when rules are arbitrary.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I voted ISTJ, but I could see INTJ. Definitely not Ti dominant, at any rate. You allow for too many variables! I mean, just look at your opening post!

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
I haven't voted yet, but I'd like to say that I miss the ISTJ Matthew. He made being an ISTJ cool.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I haven't voted yet, but I'd like to say that I miss the ISTJ Matthew. He made being an ISTJ cool.

Awww.

Thanks. :)

Unless you're insinuating that you don't like the INTP Matthew. If that's the case, I'll have no choice but to put lots of mean smilies in your threads.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Man havent you still decided, what type you are ? Son, I am disappoint :D

I am gonna vote INTJ, cause that gives you an ego boost and things like that are always good to feel good :)

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Man havent you still decided, what type you are ? I am disappoint :D

I am gonna vote INTJ, cause that gives you an ego boost and things like that are always good to feel good :)

Even with all of our conversations, his is the best quality post you can make? Son, I am dissappoint.

(Yes, that's my elaborate way completing the 'Son, I am dissapoint' meme.)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
:D

No I admit, it's damn hard to internet type people and I cant say with 100% sureness that u are this or that type.

I told you before, I basically used the socionics quadra thing as help. But you told me before that you translate the mbti types into the socionics types. That's one way of putting it, my way of putting it was to see the types as the same in mbti and socionics but accepting that socioncs has a different approach in describing the functional system.

So I never really tried to translate the mbti type into socionics but if you do, you maybe find out over the quadra descriptions what suits you better.

Thats all I got Dad, I still got not a small clue about that whole typology thing :D

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
Awww.

Thanks. :)

Unless you're insinuating that you don't like the INTP Matthew. If that's the case, I'll have no choice but to put lots of mean smilies in your threads.

I like INTP Matthew fine. He's an exemplary specimen of and a welcome addition to the finest type of all--but our gain is ISTJ-dom's loss.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
INTP. You have Ti as your dominant function right? Seem to intuitive to be a sensor, I guess I'm the only one so far to vote for INTP, but then again what do I know... you know yourself best, I would say.

He made being an ISTJ cool.

Hah!

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I think you're either INTP or INTJ. You have a J-ish quality about you. I won't vote because I am torn between these two and I don't know you well enough to choose one.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I threw in INTP just for the what the heck...

But seriously, it doesn't matter which you are. If I'm INFJ using tertiary Ti and I understand you fine and vice versa, then I'll go with you using Ti more than Te.