• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type of Owl?

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
I've considered asking y'all what type I am for some time, but I wanted y'all to know a bit more about me than a list of features I think relevant to my type, so I waited until now--my 500th post. (yay?) I don't know if anyone out there's has regularly read my posts such that (s)he's enough data to form an opinion of my type based on my writings, but I figure 500 posts is enough that some of you've noticed me.

What type am I?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm....

You always struck me as INFP, INFJ, or ISFJ, actually. I've seen you do things I'd associate with all three, and I'd say you seem to be the result of overlaying those three types if I could. You don't really seem like a T, though you value reason quite highly and try to refine it in yourself. It doesn't seem like your natural or instinctive way of responding to things, but more a way of reconciling conflicting feelings and ideas.

Then again, that could be because Introverted Thinking is invisible due to being Introverted. Who knows?

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
I suspected that I've come across as an F. Admittedly, I've a strong value system, but I've never come close to testing as an F--not that the free online tests are very good measuring instruments...

So, perceived Fe, Ni, Ne, with a measure of Si.

hmm...

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I suspected that I've come across as an F. Admittedly, I've a strong value system, but I've never come close to testing as an F--not that the free online tests are very good measuring instruments...

I don't really trust the tests, myself. I think that a lot of Fs test as Ts, and Ts test as F. A lot of people think that valuing logic or being curious about things in a logical way is the same thing as being T. But there are plenty of exceptions the test wouldn't catch.

Namely, Ts who've learned that being merciful/compassionate is more effective because of the situation they found themselves in, and Fs who've incorporated logic/truth into their value system. Those two things will confuse the test quite badly. It tested me as an INTJ the first time, for instance (mostly due to high curiosity, being slightly detached due to shock, as well as being especially concerned with truth/practicality/logic at that time). After I decided I was an F, I suspect I began unconsciously influencing the results.

I pretty much believe in trusting your own (educated, after reading the material carefully) intuition as to what type you are, and disregarding everything else. Meaning, if you still suspect INTP above the others, you should stick with it.
So, perceived Fe, Ni, Ne, with a measure of Si.

hmm...

Yeah, I guess that's about right. You're the only religious person on here who doesn't give me those "chilly vibes" that I suspect come straight from Fi, but there's something softer in there. You're like what I had thought an INFP would be like before I met one (which is not what they're actually like, and I find I strongly dislike real INFPs, though they sound nice on paper). If that makes any sense.

So you seem kind of Fe, and almost INFJ-ish at times, but the edge INFJs normally have is very much "rounded off" and made a little more ethereal by the Ne and Si. You're not a typical MBTI type, but I don't think anyone really is. I'm not sure the function orders are as static as MBTI would claim.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think your avatar is going to color people's opinions.

G

garbage

I'd say that's true, but also that the avatar's relevant. Many people choose one that expresses themselves in some way, which hints at their personality overall.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Owl, you strike me as an INTP with high Fe.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Pretty much.

I can't see you as anything BUT an INTP that has good Fe.

What is your enneagram type? If you're something offbeat for INTP like 4w5 or a 9 then that would cause some confusion.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What type of Owl? Kitty owl. Clearly the best type.

What makes you question your type?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Pretty much.

What is your enneagram type? If you're something offbeat for INTP like 4w5 or a 9 then that would cause some confusion.

Oh, so he reminds you of Jennifer?

I think she's pretty much the template for an INTP that uses a lot of F. Or something.

I kind of don't see the resemblance, personally, but... you might be right. Maybe they just use Fe very differently.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, so he reminds you of Jennifer?

I think she's pretty much the template for an INTP that uses a lot of F. Or something.

I kind of don't see the resemblance, personally, but... you might be right. Maybe they just use Fe very differently.

Nice tangent.

We didn't say that at all. :D

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've considered asking y'all what type I am for some time, but I wanted y'all to know a bit more about me than a list of features I think relevant to my type, so I waited until now--my 500th post. (yay?) I don't know if anyone out there's has regularly read my posts such that (s)he's enough data to form an opinion of my type based on my writings, but I figure 500 posts is enough that some of you've noticed me.

What type am I?

From what I can tell you are an INTP. If you told me you were an INF I might buy that too, but I think INTP really fits you best based on your posts.

Also while your avatar taken at face value would be one associated with an F, what strikes me as odd about it is that your name is "Owl" and the picture is a cat.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
INTP, without a doubt.

'The Goof' identity made an early impression on me as being one of the stronger thinkers on INTPc back in '07. Not that this would necessarily disqualify you from being an INFP; just that it would increase the likelihood of a T preference over an F - especially when compared against your predominant subject criteria.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
I haven't read your posts, but all owls are INTJ. Wasn't that easy? :D

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, I guess that's about right. You're the only religious person on here who doesn't give me those "chilly vibes" that I suspect come straight from Fi, but there's something softer in there. You're like what I had thought an INFP would be like before I met one (which is not what they're actually like, and I find I strongly dislike real INFPs, though they sound nice on paper). If that makes any sense.

:rofl1:

Owl =/= INFP. Check.

So you seem kind of Fe, and almost INFJ-ish at times, but the edge INFJs normally have is very much "rounded off" and made a little more ethereal by the Ne and Si. You're not a typical MBTI type, but I don't think anyone really is. I'm not sure the function orders are as static as MBTI would claim.

Cool. Thanks for the analysis.

I'd say that's true, but also that the avatar's relevant. Many people choose one that expresses themselves in some way, which hints at their personality overall.

Also while your avatar taken at face value would be one associated with an F, what strikes me as odd about it is that your name is "Owl" and the picture is a cat

Right. As I wrote Elaur a few days ago, my avatar pic is taken from the thread below, and it is self-deprecatory and sarcastic.

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...ty/13952-darwin-would-ashamed.html#post540226

That's it. I'm changing my avatar. New thread with poll will be up soon.

From what I can tell you are an INTP. If you told me you were an INF I might buy that too, but I think INTP really fits you best based on your posts.

Pretty much.

Seems like INTP with high Fe is winning. Thank you all for your responses.

I don't know much about enneagram, but I've tested as 5w4.

What type of Owl? Kitty owl. Clearly the best type.

What makes you question your type?

Not so much questioning my type, (I'm comfortable with INTP), as curios to know how others see me. Who/what am I? To what extent do I subjectively color my self-perception? What do others see in me that I fail to see? What strengths do I have that I fail to utilize, and what weaknesses might I have that require attention?

INTP, without a doubt.

'The Goof' identity made an early impression on me as being one of the stronger thinkers on INTPc back in '07. Not that this would necessarily disqualify you from being an INFP; just that it would increase the likelihood of a T preference over an F - especially when compared against your predominant subject criteria.

Where have you been? I migrated to this board because of you! Post more often!

I haven't read your posts, but all owls are INTJ. Wasn't that easy? :D

"INTPs are birdbrains, wise, and quite observers. Owl seems like a perfect match." -- Kiddo

What's your justification for Owls being INTJ?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's it. I'm changing my avatar.

:cry:

Please, no. I love that avatar. I've grown all sorts of attachments to it. It's one sexay kitty.

And I agree with the consensus -- INTP.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol, each time I saw your posts, I went: INTP hey... well the picture must be some kind of joke, especially considering the username. I read one of your posts at some point and subliminally assumed F, then went... hey what!?! *looks at type* OHHHH! ;)

However, I think it's possible that you're an INTJ, athenian mentioned something back there that sounded quite much like secondary thinking