• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Blahhhrrrr, the tests tell me INFP, ISFP or INTP.

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
I try and I try to comprehend but my brain goes kaboom.

First, sorry this is so long...never intended for that...But there you go.

Second, I'm 17, pretty young so I can't be sure of much at present.

Thirdly I've got the 6 trait where the opposite is often true and so any sense of self gets rather vague, particulaly when I start to think too much about things that my mind deems not allowed (don't ask me why, I'm none the wiser myself), my head goes fuzzy and I have to sit relxing and backtracking enough to pour my brain back in my head. The one time I tried counselling a part of me died inside T_T (Being dramatic here).
- Not helped by a mind so Godamned (a strange mixture of existentialism, and the sense that all things are relative, subjective, and there for unjudgeable) that concepts often stop making sense. I can't find the borderlines between what's black and what's white so it all goes blahh and refuses to stick together...Kinda just what I was just saying...

Fourthly, half the time I seem to absorb in something of the people around me - for example: for most of my life I've found being around guys can leave me feeling souless, like someone's thrust themself down my throat, sucked up my insides and thrust themself back out without me noticing till I'm alone again, though it's getting much better these days. -, and can, sometimes not even though personal choice, change to feel in the way that seems most sutiable. Unless my feelings are thumping me in the face, it can get pretty confused.

I'm the 'weird' kid who got rejected at 5 years old because she was the only one who still lived in a fantasy world, and wasn't interested in boys, fashion or having my bellybutton pierced.

I'm the good kid who can't bare criticism of any kind, whether it's forgetting my homework and facing the wrath of a teacher, or being told off by my mum for spilling juice. Arguments between friends make me want to receed into the ground, rip out my tounge and fill my stomach with battery acid. I'd rather beat my self over the head with ar usty axe than get angry, even debates make me majorley jittery.
I'm both very academic and creative - Could go into music, art, maths, science, english, languages etc.

I was the sort of child who picks up many hobbies and then burns out without realising I'm at the end of my teather; why I feel so sick at the thought of going to swimming club, or spend a day crying when I'm due to make an art presentation.

I'm so conscious of my environment, the people around me and myself that I've only been capeable of farting in the presence of anyone other than myself once in the last four years - and it was one of the worst momentsof my life. I have trouble alone a fair chunk of the time. I'm that much of an anally retentive spazz brain. Even major stomach pain can't force me to do something even remotley 'wrong', or 'bad'.

Yet I can't stand getting help, or doing something someone elses way, I have to do it MYSELF OR ELSE.

And yet by a strange turn of events the last thing any of my friends would call me is uptight...well...95% of the time :D...Atleast I think so...

Not sure how much of this way relevant...Guess I'll wait and see...Feel free to bash me for irrelevancity.

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
Thankoo...;_; My brain's all like 'proove it, biatch'.

Such a man, with my surpluss of facial hair. :jew:

Thanks again, in all seriouness!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You ought to check out INTP. What do you think of these profiles?

INTP
ISTP
ISFP
INFP (Just in case)

Behind-the-Scenes Implies INTP or ISFP. If you want to check out INFP then this is also INFP.

Chart-the-Course Implies ISTP.

I would talk to you more in depth about this, but I need to go to sleep very soon (my mind isn't working properly at the moment).

What is your enneagram type? It may aid us in typing you. If you've taken the test then here are short and sweet type descriptions- Descriptions of the Enneagram Wings and if you haven't taken a test then this will give you a good idea of what you are- Free Enneagram Personality Test (short one, 50 questions) or Advanced Enneagram Personality Test (longer test, 131 questions) take whichever you want, I'd recommend the longer one for a more accurate result.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, I kinda feel stupid because I thought your OP said "ISTP, ISFP, or INTP". Lol. And I didn't notice that you had your enneagram type listed in your profile.

But yeah, INXP. You sound very independent... which actually is something INTPs definitely have as a trait. It's quite noticeable in them and in ISTPs. But I could be wrong keep in mind... You know yourself better than anyone on here does.

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
:) It makes fair chunk of sense, only issue is the word 'unfeeling'...

I appear very F>T I think...In the end I've realised that half the time I think through my feelings, as they're so uncertain, yet somehow I'm all about doing what 'feels' right.

My Etype is 6w7, stacking so/sx - I thought I was a majorley so/sx 4w3 for years due to changeable sense of self, and focus on what self was a good one, the person I sould be. Also teenage angst, as you do, suffice to say I've chilled out a tad in that department.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Awesome, you have exactly the same enneagram as I do, but you are vastly different. I can definitely relate to the whole exploding brain thing, I know it well. Unfortunately, 6s correlate to just about any type on the enneagram, so we can't really deduce much, except that IXFPs have a slightly higher correlation to the type.

The confusion you are facing is hidden within the whole 6 being a "head" centered, you think through your feelings. Your thoughts appear to be extremely feeling orientated, it's almost classic Fi dominance. You remind me of some of the other INFPs here, and also of an ISFP I know pretty well. I'd be really surprised to discover that you're an IXTP, that's just nonsense.

There are a few signs that point at N, but nothing that really rules out the S. I'm not absolutely sure whether the random quality in your words 'rusty axe' and 'battery acid' is Ne or Se, Se because they are physical objects and perhaps closely associated with pain, Ne because they are totally off the wall crazy. I suppose when you're younger, it's often harder to point out the secondary function because it's only just becoming developed... it's still there though, I've observed between two ESXPs, the only reason they ever clash is because of the Ti/Fi difference.

Well........ I'd vote INFP, but I'm not sure of the N/S.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Awesome, you have exactly the same enneagram as I do, but you are vastly different. I can definitely relate to the whole exploding brain thing, I know it well. Unfortunately, 6s correlate to just about any type on the enneagram, so we can't really deduce much, except that IXFPs have a slightly higher correlation to the type.

The confusion you are facing is hidden within the whole 6 being a "head" centered, you think through your feelings. Your thoughts appear to be extremely feeling orientated, it's almost classic Fi dominance. You remind me of some of the other INFPs here, and also of an ISFP I know pretty well. I'd be really surprised to discover that you're an IXTP, that's just nonsense.

There are a few signs that point at N, but nothing that really rules out the S. I'm not absolutely sure whether the random quality in your words 'rusty axe' and 'battery acid' is Ne or Se, Se because they are physical objects and you may have recalled them from the outside world (particularly battery acid, seeing as you do science at school), Ne because they are totally off the wall crazy. I suppose when you're younger, it's often harder to point out the secondary function because it's only just becoming developed... it's still there though, I've observed between two ESXPs, the only reason they ever clash is because of the Ti/Fi difference.

Well........ I'd vote INFP, but I'm not sure of the N/S.

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
Hum, as it's an easy place to start: in regards to the colourful language, my thought process is a bit like a mental mind map (Many different ideas and bit and pieces that kind of span and connect in abstract fashion) mixed with vib ribbon (with the increasingly irratic wiredness somtimes). It's kinda gained my nervous energy over the last few years, it gets...irratic...Like my mental scribbles become illegible, points get missed, bits get written over, irrelevant things get brought in because the desktop is shacking too much. I've lost sense of the borderlines a bit.
Ambiguity speaks to ambiguity I guess. Language has always made sense to me, and now I've lost a sense of black and white it can be a grounding force to know I've got way of explaining things in away that's almost coherent, as incoherent as my thoughts can get.

It's kind of got a centering effect; I can take control of the momentum a bit.

I try to explain in a way that makes sense to me (if it makes sense to me it's likelier it'll fit the truth I percieve and wish to convey, although that means it's probably pretty lateral, and perhaps less logical - there was an INTP somewhere who talked about body language, and how their hand gesgures were very tailored to their own logic and internalassosiations)) I feel this intrinsic obligation to mould everything I do in a way that things shouldbe moulded (This isn't something that gets directed at others - the whole a person 'should' be this way thing, it's very much focused on myself). Everything from my intentions to the strange tension-dispersing-long-winded-superlatives need to feel 'right' (I have a tendancy to subtly exaggerate or add 'colours' to a story, that and a selective memory, history can be rewritten both consciously and unconsciousley). Words themselves can be moulded as each has its own feel. It's like if you imagine yourself as many many seperate, fluid particles rather than one big whole, they can start to vibrate, or be charged towards certain 'right' things and repelled from other 'wrong' ones.

I can catagorize and theorize, yet application is a little more difficult.

Yet I'm also very concerned with the external world (It's just harder to branch out and theorize about the things outside my head) I could write forever just about my head (not in the sense it's interesting, just that there's always a new train of thought, a new angle, and so the external world is awhole motherload of extra confusion) and so I feel like I'm neglecting talking about the F>T argument...

I'm sorry...not quite sure where I was going with that (Should really go to bed...). I'm chained to the waffle demon.
(Also...it's just kinda fun to play with words, like verbal/textual putty)

Okay, shutting up now...Go sleep, self (the internet's so moreish).

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hum, as it's an easy place to start: in regards to the colourful language, my thought process is a bit like a mental mind map (Many different ideas and bit and pieces that kind of span and connect in abstract fashion) mixed with vib ribbon (with the increasingly irratic wiredness somtimes). It's kinda gained my nervous energy over the last few years, it gets...irratic...Like my mental scribbles become illegible, points get missed, bits get written over, irrelevant things get brought in because the desktop is shacking too much. I've lost sense of the borderlines a bit.
Ambiguity speaks to ambiguity I guess. Language has always made sense to me, and now I've lost a sense of black and white it can be a grounding force to know I've got way of explaining things in away that's almost coherent, as incoherent as my thoughts can get.

It's kind of got a centering effect; I can take control of the momentum a bit.

I try to explain in a way that makes sense to me (if it makes sense to me it's likelier it'll fit the truth I percieve and wish to convey, although that means it's probably pretty lateral, and perhaps less logical - there was an INTP somewhere who talked about body language, and how their hand gesgures were very tailored to their own logic and internalassosiations)) I feel this intrinsic obligation to mould everything I do in a way that things shouldbe moulded (This isn't something that gets directed at others - the whole a person 'should' be this way thing, it's very much focused on myself). Everything from my intentions to the strange tension-dispersing-long-winded-superlatives need to feel 'right' (I have a tendancy to subtly exaggerate or add 'colours' to a story, that and a selective memory, history can be rewritten both consciously and unconsciousley). Words themselves can be moulded as each has its own feel. It's like if you imagine yourself as many many seperate, fluid particles rather than one big whole, they can start to vibrate, or be charged towards certain 'right' things and repelled from other 'wrong' ones.

I can catagorize and theorize, yet application is a little more difficult.

Yet I'm also very concerned with the external world (It's just harder to branch out and theorize about the things outside my head) I could write forever just about my head (not in the sense it's interesting, just that there's always a new train of thought, a new angle, and so the external world is awhole motherload of extra confusion) and so I feel like I'm neglecting talking about the F>T argument...

I'm sorry...not quite sure where I was going with that (Should really go to bed...). I'm chained to the waffle demon.
(Also...it's just kinda fun to play with words, like verbal/textual putty)

Okay, shutting up now...Go sleep, self (the internet's so moreish).

I had to read through that fairly carefully and translate it into English :D. You are definitely positively intuitive. I am fairly sure that you're an INFP, you remind me of other INFPs, there were a few pretty big signs of Ne. I wish I could understand Fi a little better, I'm going to have to do some some researching. I'll post here again if I work it out, your thinking doesn't match up with Ti...

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
Thanks for the input guys :), I'll leave it at INxP for now...