• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Rhinosaur and you could win a trip!

type

• Total voters

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
:hi:

Sorry, actually there are no trips to be won here, except the mind kind of trips. But I could really use your help. I figure I've been here a while, and some of you might know me a little bit. What would you say I am? INTP, ISTP, or ISFP?

I suppose it's hard to go on just what people type, but please do your best.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Dude, you are like the ISTP role model, don't go trying to change now!

You remind me a ton of my little brother, who I also believe is ISTP.

Here is his ultra-amazing website.

For a laugh, take the "slimx" off the end and view the front page. He's changed it since the last time I looked at it, and I cracked up just now at the new front. :D

wolfy

awsm
If you think you could be INTP or ISFP then you're probably ISTP. I vote ISTP.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Don't know enough about you. Take a cognitive test and tell us your results: Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

Your Cognitive Development Profile
The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************************** (39.3)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************************** (40.2)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************* (31.9)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************* (13.8)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************** (27)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************** (23.1)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************** (44.5)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or ISFP

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Judging by cognitive processes test, I'd say IXFP, maybe IsFP because a lot of N questions are a bit loaded.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I've been mulling this over for almost two days now, and I'm almost convinced that I've got H1Fi, that is the Jeffster Flu, aka ISFP.

How strange to go from INTP to this.

However, it feels right to acknowledge the boiling vat of emotion that exists inside me. Any dissenters can kiss my ass, because introverted functions are hard to tell apart.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Judging by cognitive processes test, I'd say IXFP, maybe IsFP because a lot of N questions are a bit loaded.

Here are two from more than a year ago:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************************** (29.8)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ***************************** (29.7)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.7)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************** (38.6)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************* (19.7)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************** (27.7)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************** (20.6)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************** (35.8)
good use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************** (38.1)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.8)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************** (41.8)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.7)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************** (20.7)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************* (33)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************* (19.8)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.9)
good use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation?s dynamics.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think that test is a very good way to determine type. I mean, it's still an interesting thing to do but there's a bunch of stuff in there that doesn't really apply to real life much. At least it didn't seem like it to me, anyway.

LOL at "Jeffster Flu."

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i don't know, you seem like an ISTP to me, but it's up to you.

i sometimes feel like an ISFP too, sometimes it fits me more than ISTP. and i have been out-of-control extroverted lately, so i tend to think it's all very flexible.

have you thought about changing your type on your profile here to what seems right - to what seems right for right now? and then you could change it again when it seems like you're more INTP, and again when you feel more ISFP, etc etc.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You know, having met you I have sort of gotten an F-ey vibe from you but I just figured I didn't know you well, since you seemed pretty sure you were IxTP. I could totally buy ISFP, but not INFP.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
i don't know, you seem like an ISTP to me, but it's up to you.

i sometimes feel like an ISFP too, sometimes it fits me more than ISTP. and i have been out-of-control extroverted lately, so i tend to think it's all very flexible.

have you thought about changing your type on your profile here to what seems right - to what seems right for right now? and then you could change it again when it seems like you're more INTP, and again when you feel more ISFP, etc etc.

Wow, for an SP, you sure do think ahead -- I hadn't yet considered that I would be changing it again, later, but of course you're probably right. :cheese:

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
You know, having met you I have sort of gotten an F-ey vibe from you but I just figured I didn't know you well, since you seemed pretty sure you were IxTP. I could totally buy ISFP, but not INFP.

Reading back through a lot of my posts, there's a lot of emotions there. And I generally feel a lot more emotion than I let on. Of course emotion itself isn't monopolied by F's but I think introverted feeling is a good way to explain how I go about things.

Although I must admit that Kingfisher is probably right, and I'll just incorporate a little more of the ISFP nature into how I perceive myself, so that instead of being IxTP I'll be IxxP.

How very "Blank slate" to be IxxP. Introverted perceiving. It's odd to think about what it would be like to have no N, S, T, or F at all.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
How very "Blank slate" to be IxxP. Introverted perceiving. It's odd to think about what it would be like to have no N, S, T, or F at all.

See, this is the kind of stuff that makes me think you are a T. Because I don't think about crap like that at all.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8

i think someone said in a thread somewhere that I/E and P/J are the first functions a child develops.

so it is like you are a child again. :)
that should totally get your Feeling side fired up and excited, haha. ;)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
It's also true that you don't seem like a typical ISFP (Jeffster seems pretty iconically ISFP to me). Perhaps you are an IxTP, but just have the benefit of emotionally in-tune parenting and have identified with some fairly F-ey subcultures.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I could totally buy ISFP, but not INFP.

Ditto.

If wolfy is ISFP, I could plausibly see you as similar to him. You don't come across much like Jeffster though.

ISTP makes sense as well. Or IXTP.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
hi rhinosaur. fwiw, i think that cognitive functions test can just point you in the wrong direction for actual type, but can give you the types that you might be like. it scored me way too heavy on Ne, for example. i have a functions book yet i still find it limited, but the most helpful yet when it comes to nailing down tricky types.

so, it looks like you could have 4 possibilities based on your functions tests (since your Te and Fe are in such limited use): istp/intp/isfp/infp

istp and intp are both primarily Ti, right? so, you would be most likely to spend your time thinking excessively about things. how to make things work. seek precision in the use of words, and continually sort and resort data and ideas into categories, searching for precision. identifying the problems keeping something from working at optimal level. making synchronous connections that lead to the formation of a conclusion.

isfp and infp are both primarily Fi. Fi is not very familiar to me, so i'll quote from my functions book: "Fi organizes our values to maintain personal integrity. Fi leads us to reach conclusions by using an internal value system that attempts to maintain personal integrity. the conscience is willing to recognize pyschic pain when those subjective values are violated. Fi bases decision-making on the need to maintain personal integrity. it judges ideas and behaviors according to closely held values. at its best (which you would do if this were your primary function) it supports other people maintaining their personal integrity.

one of these functions should feel really comfortable and familiar, because it will be your primary function. then you can go from there. i dunno, i feel you to be ixtp. you don't seem arguementative enough to be intp :smile: so i'd go with istp. but i don't know too many intps. are you attracted to understanding weird people and things?

wolfy

awsm
I've always sat on the fence between ISFP and ISTP. The ISFP just fits slightly better. I'm still thinking about it. But all things considered, practicality wise, there is not much difference between the types. I just chose the one that felt right. That was after tons of thinking mind you. Ti makes more sense to me than Fi though.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you're the type I am. ISFP possibly but probably ISTP. INTP no. INxJ maybe. :)