• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could I Be ENFJ?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
You can get enough information about me from my posts.

Free personality tests: find out your type
I took this test.

Apparently I have really strong Ni and Fe>Te and Extraverted functions overall are greater than Introverted functions. My Ne was pretty strong too with Fi=Ti.

I read something on the ENFJ- which I thought was more so an EXXP quality.

"Because ENFJ's people skills are so extraordinary, they have the ability to make people do exactly what they want them to do. They get under people's skins and get the reactions that they are seeking. ENFJ's motives are usually unselfish, but ENFJs who have developed less than ideally have been known to use their power over people to manipulate them. "

While I don't go around manipulating people, I know how to get people to react the way I want them to- I can size up a person pretty quickly. I know what to say and I know what to do.

"The ENFJ may feel quite lonely even when surrounded by people. This feeling of aloneness may be exacerbated by the tendency to not reveal their true selves. "
I've found this to be true and often consider myself to be somewhat disconnected from a lot of people.

"ENFJ's are so externally focused that it's especially important for them to spend time alone. This can be difficult for some ENFJs, because they have the tendency to be hard on themselves and turn to dark thoughts when alone. Consequently, ENFJs might avoid being alone, and fill their lives with activities involving other people. ENFJs tend to define their life's direction and priorities according to other people's needs, and may not be aware of their own needs. It's natural to their personality type that they will tend to place other people's needs above their own, but they need to stay aware of their own needs so that they don't sacrifice themselves in their drive to help others.

ENFJ's tend to be more reserved about exposing themselves than other extraverted types. Although they may have strongly-felt beliefs, they're likely to refrain from expressing them if doing so would interfere with bringing out the best in others. Because their strongest interest lies in being a catalyst of change in other people, they're likely to interact with others on their own level, in a chameleon-like manner, rather than as individuals.

Which is not to say that the ENFJ does not have opinions. ENFJs have definite values and opinions which they're able to express clearly and succinctly. These beliefs will be expressed as long as they're not too personal. ENFJ is in many ways expressive and open, but is more focused on being responsive and supportive of others. When faced with a conflict between a strongly-held value and serving another person's need, they are highly likely to value the other person's needs. "
I think this is also reasonably accurate.

Thoughts?

I also took a Socionics test which tested me as an EIE- if that means anything.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram

I took this test.

Apparently I have really strong Ni and Fe>Te and Extraverted functions overall are greater than Introverted functions. My Ne was pretty strong too with Fi=Ti.
My advice would be to get really familiar with the individual functions (if you haven't already) and try to apply them to your own behavior. In my experience function tests aren't always that accurate for some people. For instance, I test as an Fi dom and a Ti dom on them, which is not at all how I function, but those were the only traits the test successfully picked up on.
I read something on the ENFJ- which I thought was more so an EXXP quality.

"Because ENFJ's people skills are so extraordinary, they have the ability to make people do exactly what they want them to do. They get under people's skins and get the reactions that they are seeking. ENFJ's motives are usually unselfish, but ENFJs who have developed less than ideally have been known to use their power over people to manipulate them. "

While I don't go around manipulating people, I know how to get people to react the way I want them to- I can size up a person pretty quickly. I know what to say and I know what to do.

"The ENFJ may feel quite lonely even when surrounded by people. This feeling of aloneness may be exacerbated by the tendency to not reveal their true selves. "
I've found this to be true and often consider myself to be somewhat disconnected from a lot of people.

All this could be ENFJ, or just ENTP with high use of Fe.
"ENFJ's are so externally focused that it's especially important for them to spend time alone. This can be difficult for some ENFJs, because they have the tendency to be hard on themselves and turn to dark thoughts when alone. Consequently, ENFJs might avoid being alone, and fill their lives with activities involving other people. ENFJs tend to define their life's direction and priorities according to other people's needs, and may not be aware of their own needs. It's natural to their personality type that they will tend to place other people's needs above their own, but they need to stay aware of their own needs so that they don't sacrifice themselves in their drive to help others.

Most of this just sounds like extroversion to me, but the "placing other people's needs above their own" is a very prominent facet of ENFJ.
ENFJ's tend to be more reserved about exposing themselves than other extraverted types. Although they may have strongly-felt beliefs, they're likely to refrain from expressing them if doing so would interfere with bringing out the best in others. Because their strongest interest lies in being a catalyst of change in other people, they're likely to interact with others on their own level, in a chameleon-like manner, rather than as individuals.
This could also be seen in either ENTP or ENFJ, but in ENFJ it will usually be much more pronounced.
Which is not to say that the ENFJ does not have opinions. ENFJs have definite values and opinions which they're able to express clearly and succinctly. These beliefs will be expressed as long as they're not too personal. ENFJ is in many ways expressive and open, but is more focused on being responsive and supportive of others. When faced with a conflict between a strongly-held value and serving another person's need, they are highly likely to value the other person's needs. "
I think this is also reasonably accurate.

Thoughts?

I also took a Socionics test which tested me as an EIE- if that means anything.

I'm not that familiar with you, so I can't be much help, but I think if you were ENFJ you'd know it. ENFJs are warm and cuddly and Fe-doms, so extroverting emotion is an all-the-time kind of thing. ENTPs will I think, on average, be more withdrawn and clinical in how they interact with the world (they are still NTs after all).

Anyway, best of luck, maybe an ENTP or an ENFJ will come in here and offer a more solid opinion.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
OMG! I love ENFJs and I love myself. I think I'm an ENFJ? No wait. That's ENFJ women. What if I'm a woman? No wait, ENFJs like INTP? What if I'm an INTP? :ohmy:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
OMG! I love ENFJs and I love myself. I think I'm an ENFJ? No wait. That's ENFJ women. What if I'm a woman? No wait ENFJs like INTP? What if I'm an INTP?

You ever heard the sound it makes when a shovel hits the head ? Maybe that explains a few things :D

----

I thought about me being ENFJ too, but only because according to witnessed stereotypes of INFJs, ENFPs and INFPs on this forum, there was really no other type left for my real personality to blend in with a MBTI personality.

Therefore I forgot about the idea.

What they call manipulating people in that ENFJ description, should be better read as motivating people, I dont understand why those type descriptions always need to use heinous words to describe an actual positive trait, but it seems that's just what the descriptions like to do (maybe part of another psychological tool, we dont see, to make us actually believe in it).

From the interactions I have got so far with ENFJs, I have seen there is a deep and profound soul in them with a genuine intrest in the well-being of their surrounding friends and they are idealistic, by a fair amount.

If you think this applies to you, you could be ENFJ, but I could never picture myself to actually grow the patience to for example teach a class of kids that dont really want to learn but rather to fool around and to go straight thru with it, even mentoring and tutoring the kids on an individual level.

If you can or do, you may be ENFJ.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mondo, I know at least one ENTP male that is very Fe and cares a great deal about his friends and family. He's responsible and frequently gets over-committed to help people because he's the 'go-to guy'.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I

I took this test.

I would say don't trust that test. Whenever I take that test, I get some result that is off. I took it just now for the hell of it, and my highest result was ISFP. I've gotten INFJ from this once before.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you have a magnetic attraction to INFPs :)hi:)? Or do they kind of annoy you :)thumbdown:)?
Former: ENFJ, Latter: ENTP

:tongue:

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Dang.. for some reason, I just love changing my type but it seems ENTP wins and I'm just a stronger believer in the function theories now..
I guess my chameleon-like qualities aren't always so pronounced around others. I admittedly do a good job of seeming like I'm 'being myself' even when I'm not because I tend to not contradict myself just to please others.

I get along with INFP's for the most part.. but I wouldn't say I have a 'magnetic attraction' to them and they are somewhat of an easy type to get into conflict with- since INFP's seem to take everything so damn seriously!!

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, I've never found INFPs annoying, at least when they're online.

Are you a daring punk at all? do you often mess with people at sideshows, try to get free stuff from places? Or are you more like: "NOOOO, DON'T DO THAT!!!". Would you tell someone off for stealing something, or playing a practical joke? FJs particularly tend to be against that kind of thing, they're not likely to mess with people for fun (just in my experience).

Oh, and while I'm at it, Entropie, you are an enneagram 3, yes? 3s have a lot of seriously J qualities, when you mix a perceiving type with the qualities of the 3, you get a bit of confusion. Note that enneagram behaviors arise as a defense mechanism, MBTI is more natural. So you'll probably notice that you become more J like under stress, and more P like when not.