• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am i an INTP?

m32

My personality test make me an INTP, my question is; can you combine INTP with a high visual intelligence and a rather aggressive, fighting impulse? The latter being most likely caused by a high level of testosterone produced by my body.

- m32

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Those sound more like SP traits. I don't connect those things with INTP, but anything is possible.

m32

I think that might be sound. But i have to check that on the web first.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Who doesn't like to punch someone in the face every now and again?

I don't see why you couldn't be an INTP. It's all about preference, but I'm sure people will go on to make more elaborate, better researched posts than I will, so I'll just leave that to them.

m32

It's not about punching someone in the face. I don't have many people in my surroundings right now, who make me angry.

It is more of an animalistic or pagan drive towards self preservation. Besides that i am soft as a lamb.

m32

Sometimes i have the urge to work on machines. Isn't that another not so INTP trait?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sometimes i have the urge to work on machines. Isn't that another not so INTP trait?

You really want to be typed as an SP, don't you? ;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
No. It is more likely that i am continuing the debate you started.

Dude, it was a joke, hence the ;). You just keep listing stereotypically SP traits, but there's actually not enough information here for me to say if you're an INTP, or say, an ISTP.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Aggressive tendencies, visual (spatial?) intelligence, and tinkering with machines are all stereotypical male characteristics. Can't really attribute them to type. Do you have a Unix beard and an explosion of books cluttering your desk?

m32

No, but i have hair as big as you and e-books cluttering my desktop.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
I know quite a few INTP males who enjoy MMA fighting and the like.

m32

Martial arts are usually one of the most mental sports i can think about. The descriptions and understanding of forms for example.

If you trace medieval and oriental martial arts back to its roots you usually find a lot of neoplatonic and taoic philosophical speculation. Not to mention applying strategy in battles.

m32

Well, i like knowledge mostly. Sometimes i travel through the forest and through the city in order to watch the sights. Mostly i think a lot and read about philosophy.

Right now i have to go.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Well, i like knowledge mostly. Sometimes i travel through the forest and through the city in order to watch the sights. Mostly i think a lot and read about philosophy.

Right now i have to go.

Yup, he's an INTP.