• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am i an INTP?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Moved from NT Rationale.

And m32, you sound pretty INTP to me. I used to have a fascination for martial arts, was pretty physically aggressive at times (especially by female standards), and have high visual/spatial skill. My INTP brother is even more physically aggressive. He used to punch other kids when he was little (getting into playground scuffles), and even now he is a fairly rowdy person when he feels like it.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My personality test make me an INTP, my question is; can you combine INTP with a high visual intelligence and a rather aggressive, fighting impulse? The latter being most likely caused by a high level of testosterone produced by my body.

- m32

if m32 stands for male of 32 years of age, then you're probably an ISTP, if you're far younger than this, then there's a pretty good chance that you're an INTP.

edit: :doh: *reads thread* yup, that's pure INTP there.

m32

Actually 32 stand for ''random number''

I am actually 21.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
My personality test make me an INTP, my question is; can you combine INTP with a high visual intelligence and a rather aggressive, fighting impulse? The latter being most likely caused by a high level of testosterone produced by my body.

- m32

Another question is, do you ever hit anybody on impulse or do you just want to but then don't.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Martial arts are usually one of the most mental sports i can think about. The descriptions and understanding of forms for example.

If you trace medieval and oriental martial arts back to its roots you usually find a lot of neoplatonic and taoic philosophical speculation. Not to mention applying strategy in battles.

Yes, and along with all that, there's a real inherent aesthetics to the movements -- a meshing of 'truth' (the pure physics) and beauty. It's that predictable meshing I find fascinating.

I always love watching Jackie Chan movies (or other asian pics with martial arts) where there is intricate movement and even interaction with the environment -- endless possibilities but all defined/constrained by scientific law, it's very absorbing and my mind is always racing to juggle what might happen next and how it will play out.

m32

Yes, and along with all that, there's a real inherent aesthetics to the movements -- a meshing of 'truth' (the pure physics) and beauty. It's that predictable meshing I find fascinating.

I always love watching Jackie Chan movies (or other asian pics with martial arts) where there is intricate movement and even interaction with the environment -- endless possibilities but all defined/constrained by scientific law, it's very absorbing and my mind is always racing to juggle what might happen next and how it will play out.

You should read and study about European martial arts from the late Medieval period and Rennaissance. It is usually a mixture between effective commando style fighting - the kind you would find in military training manuals, or on the other hand intricate visual philosophies linking the body with astrological and neoplatonic ideas and concepts. You see this chart, right - with these beautiful and intricate patters and they denote the different parts of the body and then there would be a second layer which would denote the attack strategy and it's combination with prelearned techniques would allow a person to instantly pick someone down from any angle.

Of course i barely understand anything of this and most of these books are in antique collections. Within 20 years they will probably all be found on the Internet. Does anyone like dance, like ballet or Fred Astaire?