• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is this dude?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Yeah his extroversion is clearly very pronounced. It's the other categories where we have doubt. He really doesn't seem like ESTx to me either, now that I think about it.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My first impression is ESFP. What are your thoughts on ENFJ?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
My first impression is ESFP. What are your thoughts on ENFJ?

I read the description of ENFJ and could definitely see him as being one. ESFP is possible, but then again he had a few J qualities, unlike an ESFP.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wait, why is he automatically an F? A lot of these behaviors can fit ESTJ. It all depends on what is meant by things like "witty", "moody", "good with the ladies". Witty how? Moody how? How is he good with the ladies? None of those traits are specific to types. In fact, this says more about the OP's type than it does about the friend. What he may see as "witty", someone like me may see as "crudely unfunny". It all depends on what is meant. Mostly the only thing that is for sure is that the guy is an extrovert.

Trying to type based on functions/dichotomies is a bad idea.

That is what MBTI is about, it's usually quite easy to work through the dichotomies, as long as you actually know the person and you're not just an acquaintance (although some people project their personalities quite furiously). It is also quite hard to know 'off by heart' the exact qualities of the temperaments, most people pick to either learn them, or the dichotomy descriptions and differences.

It was a special occasion and he only opened up to a few friends. How is that Fe dominance? Wouldn't he open up about this sort of thing more often if it was his dominant function?

I say get away from trying to figure out S vs. N and T vs. F. That's very hard to do based on a list of traits. You're going to at least need to provide paragraph-length descriptions for that.

Start with temperament: NF, SP, SJ, NT?

Interaction style: Get-things-going or In-Charge (since he is apparently an initiator/extrovert for sure)?

If you know only those two things, you know his type.

The person isn't 100% guaranteed feeler material, but when was the last time you saw a T go out of their way to tell their family that they are proud of them? I've known FJs in particular to be the ones that initiate such expressions, especially in the right settings. Moodiness is not so type dependent, expressing it like so might suggest E/J, but that's a bit sketchy.

I like this temperament method of typing people, I never realized that it could be used in conjunction with the 'get things going' descriptions. I'd say the best way to type people is to use both methods. Thanks :D

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
If he is "Get Things Going", he can't be ENXJ, or ESTX.

That's weird to me. ESTPs are described as being the type to "get things going". I think we can be described less as being "in charge" unless you just mean subtly through influence and suggestion.