• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introverted gambler, happy-go-lucky girl, businessman with a big heart

abyssinia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hi all. I'm new to this site I've joined because I am trying to get better at typing people, both real and imagined. I'm a writer, trying to build realistic characters and conflict situations using type. Some of them are based on people I actually know. I've realized that I am much better at typing people where I've had a lot of examples of that type in my life, than people I rarely interact with, who usually remain enigmas to me.

The introverted gambler
So here's my first go. There's a guy, let's call him Fred. Fred can spend long hours talking with a single person, but seems to clam up when in a group of any size (I). He has a gambling addiction, but I think he's more of a slot machine than a poker type. He once pulled a gun out on a factory owner, but that was because the factory owner owed Bob money (and Fred is incredibly loyal to Bob). He does not express his emotions or desires openly, but can become sexually forward, maybe even a bit unhinged, when drunk. He seems to take things as they come, not worrying too much about the future.
My guess: ISxP

Happy-go-lucky, younger girl
Jill is married to Bob. Jill loves Bob immensely for his kind heart and appreciates that he supports her and her family. She especially admires him for choosing to be with her, and sticking up for her, even though most of his circle opposed their marriage (because of their very different backgrounds). Jill still spends time with old lovers and can act quite spontaneously (e.g., making out with a cute stranger). She is a flirt and is quite confident and forward with the men she wants. She does not see her infidelities as disloyalty to Bob. Jill doesn't think much about the future, either, enjoys life immensely, and is usually the first to make a joke and to laugh at someone else's. She likes having money and spending it on clothes and food.
My guess: ESFP

Businessman with a big heart

Bob is married to Jill. Bob loves people and seems to believe in their potential and invests in them. He has given people in Jill's family jobs and opportunities. He is the glue that holds together a lot of people who would otherwise have nothing in common. A great deal of empathy and an ability to reflect on his life deeply and plan for the future. People of different types are strongly attracted to Bob for his big heart and the way he seems to put people at ease. Sets goals and achieves them. Sees the best in people. Knows about (some) of Jill's infidelities, but doesn't seem to hold them against her. Even so, he asks Fred to keep an eye on her when he is out of town.
My guess: ENFJ

Fred's type I find confusing. I'm leaning toward ISTP, since (according to personalitypage.com) they can be very loyal friends, like risk-taking, and can sometimes have emotional outbursts.

Relationships:

While ENFJ/ISTP may hard to work out in terms of a romantic relationship, maybe between two men, the opposites attract dynamic works?

What about an ENFJ/ESFP relationship?

And how does the ESFP feel about the ISTP's supervision?

Thanks! I love typing and would appreciate your input

fway

Enneagram
8w79
The introverted gambler
So here's my first go. There's a guy, let's call him Fred. Fred can spend long hours talking with a single person, but seems to clam up when in a group of any size (I). He has a gambling addiction, but I think he's more of a slot machine than a poker type. He once pulled a gun out on a factory owner, but that was because the factory owner owed Bob money (and Fred is incredibly loyal to Bob). He does not express his emotions or desires openly, but can become sexually forward, maybe even a bit unhinged, when drunk. He seems to take things as they come, not worrying too much about the future.
My guess: ISxP

That's totally me. Also, I find it peculiar that you named this character "Fred." Yikes. You hit me spot on, so I'm going to go with ISTP.

Happy-go-lucky, younger girl
Jill is married to Bob. Jill loves Bob immensely for his kind heart and appreciates that he supports her and her family. She especially admires him for choosing to be with her, and sticking up for her, even though most of his circle opposed their marriage (because of their very different backgrounds). Jill still spends time with old lovers and can act quite spontaneously (e.g., making out with a cute stranger). She is a flirt and is quite confident and forward with the men she wants. She does not see her infidelities as disloyalty to Bob. Jill doesn't think much about the future, either, enjoys life immensely, and is usually the first to make a joke and to laugh at someone else's. She likes having money and spending it on clothes and food.
My guess: ESFP

Seems like it to me. Although, I couldn't rule out ESTP.

Businessman with a big heart
Bob is married to Jill. Bob loves people and seems to believe in their potential and invests in them. He has given people in Jill's family jobs and opportunities. He is the glue that holds together a lot of people who would otherwise have nothing in common. A great deal of empathy and an ability to reflect on his life deeply and plan for the future. People of different types are strongly attracted to Bob for his big heart and the way he seems to put people at ease. Sets goals and achieves them. Sees the best in people. Knows about (some) of Jill's infidelities, but doesn't seem to hold them against her. Even so, he asks Fred to keep an eye on her when he is out of town.
My guess: ENFJ

Yes, this seems like ENFJ. Harmonizing, goal setting.

What about an ENFJ/ESFP relationship?
I could see this working. ENFJ's Se is Tertiary and 2 steps closer to an ESxP. The Ni in an ESxP is aspirational and two steps behind the ENFJ's secondary function. The Te/Ti Fe/Fi could intermingle with each other.

And how does the ESFP feel about the ISTP's supervision?
Probably insulted by the ENFJ about it if you ask me, but then again the ESxP knows she broke the trust between her and hubby.