• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hey Everyone

Entropy238

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
x
Hey everyone,

So I wasn't quite sure what thread grouping to make my opening post in - settled for this one to try and hit two birds with one stone.

I'm 18, studying Law next year, hoping to become a fancy lawyer with lots of money and a shiny car. I've been interested in MBTI for a couple of years now and I've pretty much considered myself to be all of the sixteen types at some time or another. I almost wish there was a way to unlearn what I've learned about it - I feel as if someone's taken a huge crap on my blank slate. I think my existing knowledge is interfering with determining what my type is. This is the point where I selfishly ask for your assistance. :newwink:

I've taken the MBTI tests to the point where I can see how the questions relate to the base functions, jading the overall result in the process. If I've learnt anything in my trek through multiple MBTI websites, it's that I'm an exceptionally poor judge of my own character; because of this, I throw myself at the mercy of your greater knowledge and experience on the subject.

I should probably describe myself in a bit more detail.

I've always had a bit of trouble with posting on internet forums. With the internet being as anonymous as it is, I shouldn't really care about how I write - but I find I often reread ad Nauseaum what I write to the point where I go in to essay writing mode, in lieu of a more appropriate conversational tone. It's hard not to do this as when writing about myself I have a tendency to be overly sentimental. I'm fine in normal conversation, but when putting pen to paper (or finger to keyboard) the whole process of writing (or typing) gets to be exceptionally awkward and I develop diabolical syntax.

I am not prone to sentimentality in real conversations, I'm horrible at giving hugs and horrible at expressing how I really feel to people. Half the time I don't honestly know how I feel about particular individuals.

I'm always - eternally - at conflict with issues of ethics and morality with myself. A while ago I read about the concept of "Humanitarian Misanthropy" and I feel it's about the closest thing to adequately suiting my world view. At the best of times, I'm an idealist - I see hope for humanity, passing out drunk smiling at the stars and all that jazz. Other times, I feel nihilistic (Yes, it's an overused word among teenagers) to the point where I could literally destroy the world without giving a damn. When in either mood I get delusions of grandeur - I feel as if I become the hero leading people out of poverty to a utopia, or the man with his finger on the button ready to let the world burn. I'm not religious in any sense of the word, and I find the open sentimentality of deity X loving you and me cringe worthy.

When I was younger I used to actively seek out religious people and challenge their beliefs for sport. Truth be told I never had any problem with the people themselves, but how I constantly challenged their beliefs has gotten me in to trouble on more than one occasion. Truth used to be the most important pursuit for me, now I find in most instances I couldn't really care less.

A lot of my apathy and negativity is probably a result of repressed anger - things I should have said to people when I got the chance, things I should have done to people that wronged me - again, regret. I am forever living in the wake of my mistakes.

As far as intelligence goes, I'm within the top 5% of my school year grade wise - though I'll be the first to admit that true intelligence can't be confined to letters and grade boundaries. I tried to get involved as much as I could with school - playing music was my thang and it got me far. I enjoyed my school experience most when I was excelling at something and performing to a high standard, which got me a lot of respect. I was voted leader of my school year democratically by the pupils and through a formal interview by teachers. This effectively put me at the top as a relay between pupils and teachers, fighting for the pupils on certain issues and representing the school officially on certain occasions.

My experience at the top in my last year at school jaded my opinion of the entire affair. It left me feeling eaten up and spat out, tired of having to be constantly diplomatic, never having any real power and never being appreciated for all the things I did behind the scenes. I understand this sounds extremely narcissistic, and a lot of the time (especially at the start) making people happy was enough to keep me going. I would have liked to have gotten more reward out of it for my efforts, which were considerable.

I'm not sure whether I'm an extrovert or introvert, intuitor (er, is that a word) or sensor, thinker or feeler, judger or perceiver, and I look forward to any sort of help you kind folks can provide with my classification. Looking over some of what I've written I realise I look like an absolute dick - I told you earlier I wasn't good at selling myself :p I'd like to think I'm a "good" person (relativism aside for a sec), I really just don't come across this way in writing.

For anyone that's taken the time to read this, cheers, and I'll buy you a pint if you're ever in Dublin :)

I'll do my best to answer any questions you feel like throwing at me.

Thanks

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I get an ISTJ vibe just on the first read through, aside from the misanthropic and nihilistic thoughts. Although in your interactions with other member I'm sure we'll be able to glean more.

Good to have you aboard though :)

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Hi :hi: Welcome to our little zoo. The animals really are friendly...mostly. :devil:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I don't think you sound like a dick at all, infact i enjoyed reading that.

Refreshing as not only was you being modest but still tooting your own horn. Power to you.

I totally agree though about the tests, because you see what they are asking you, you can choose which type you want to be thus not being a true account of who you are.

I will not dare to speculate what type you possibly are. Although i am sure others will give their 2 cents.

Good luck to you.

Oh and welcome to the mad house. :D