• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my type? I have no idea these days.

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
As a kid I talked to people all the time unless I was intimidated by them. I was always playing jokes on people too. When people talked about mundane day to day boring shit I felt exhausted and didn't want to talk to them. If they talked about something I was into it was fine and enjoyed a conversation about videogames, or superhero's or whatever I was into.

I spent a lot of time building things with lego's or whatever else I could find to build something with. I never wanted to be bothered when I did this. When I played videogames I never wanted a strategy guide because I wanted to figure things out on my own and would deny any help from anyone who offered. I would only use a game genie or some form of cheating AFTER I beat a game, mostly because I wanted to experiment with the input of the code and see how much I could change it.

I always had about 3 or 4 close friends whenever I moved to a new neighborhood, but never thought of any as a best friend because it would be wrong to think of someone as better than someone else [my parents never said anything of the sort to me, this was all my idea]. Other kids in the neighborhood I was always nice to, even if they were rude to me. I never hated anyone.

When I was older and in highschool I played a lot of sports [which was why I left homeschool for public school to begin with]. Classes bored me because I would just read the book and get an A anyway. When the teacher explained things to me it wouldn't register because they explained how they saw and understood things rather than how I did which is why I always chose to sleep in class and read the book later. Or the reverse.

I had my first crush in 9th grade, but the concept was weird to me to like someone as more than a friend. I heard a lot of rumors that she was a whore but never wanted to believe it. Eventually when evidence was thrown in my face that this was true I was greatly depressed for a long long while. This was the start of a continuing scenerio. It always takes me a long time to get over someone, but if you show me proof I'll understand and do what both my heart and logic tells me.

Logically it looks as if I'm going to set myself up for more depression and frustration. Emotionally I think there is good in all people and that people can change and everyone deserves a chance and needs someone to be there to care about them. Usually I end up going with the emotions and end up getting hurt to the point where I'll only decide to walk away once I get deeply depressed. At this point it's very very difficult to stay away, but I'll do it anyway.

I don't plan my daily life out much. But whenever something happens I can be really good at planning and organizing things. I enjoy planning things out actually, I just don't do it very often.

When it comes to meeting new people, I don't know how to talk to people. I don't know what to say to a complete stranger in order to get them to want to be my friend or go out with me. Things just happen, but not as often as I'd like. So I tried learning how to.

People tell me I'm weird all the time.
A lot of people think I don't care about much of anything because I'm afraid to show my emotions or express them to most people since I don't trust anyone.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Hmm... this description hints at Fi as opposed to Fe. You sound more like a P than a J to me. Maybe INFP?

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
You sound a bit like my INTJ brother, but I could also see you as an INTP or ISTP.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Mind you, I haven't really seen your posts, so I am going off of the information presented.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am going to go with INTx.

But remember weird is OK, i like the term quirky and emotions can be shown when you are around people you trust.
Everyone can lose faith in people from time to time.
That's the good thing about the internet, you are working on your social skills (from a distance), it puts you in good stead when you go and talk to people IRL. :newwink:

Ahhh, you'll be just fine.

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
Hmm...
All the tests I take say either INFP, INTJ, or INFJ or INFX but never anything else.

All my friends who try to type me come up with INTJ.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Hmm, I dunno, sounds like you've got more important things to worry about than a couple of letters :)

Socializing can be pretty hard, and not having an easy time opening up doesn't say anything bad about you. I know I used to have a hard time with how weird and out of place I seemed to be, because there was so much pressure to have a wide social circle but that just wasn't me. Ultimately I think it's ok to be close to just a few people, or whoever/however many you want.

Best of luck.

Snow Turtle

You sound like a stressed out J to me. What would your life look like without all the problems?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Honestly INTJ is what I gleaned from the OP...I don't really get an 'F' nor a 'P' vibe, really... but since like Kai said you may be stressed, or unhappy, that's probably contributing to why you're seeing all of these other possibilities, and getting to the point where you're utterly confused about your type.

Just my opinion, with these typings, with many people, it tends to be subjective anyway and someone else might have other elements pop out at them and then put you in a different category accordingly.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I think you seem N dominant with maybe an Fi and a Te. INTJ works well.

I'd say ENFP is another option, even though you went nowhere near it on the test. Tertiary Te would explain the organisation bursts, and dominant Ne for the random exploring and open approach to things.

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
After testing again recently I scored as an INFP.
I'm getting that more and more consistent.

I took a nice vacation and a vow of silence for 3 weeks [which was the most relaxing thing I've ever done]. After it all I felt a lot better and seem to relate to INFP more so than any other type.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're pretty young right? you're probably still developping your true cognative functions, making it hard to type yourself?

Although you do have a bit of an INFP vibe to me personally, judging from a few posts I read.

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
You're pretty young right? you're probably still developping your true cognative functions, making it hard to type yourself?

Although you do have a bit of an INFP vibe to me personally, judging from a few posts I read.

Yeah...I'm 26 [well I will be next month].

Honestly I think it's a weird upbringing that makes me this way. I was homeschoolled in a very sheltered situation until 9th grade. 9th grade to my first year of college I had only one friend and a lot of aquaintances. In more recent years I've been in situations where I never have any time to myself and I'm forced to sociallize.

Not entirely sure what effect this would have, but I'm testing it right now by avoiding people and doing everything the way I used to.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey man... You are definitely an Fi/Te type. INTJ or INFP... you're an odd case because of the reasons you've presented.

As for INTJ vs INFP, check these out-

Chart-the-Course For INTJ.
Behind-the-Scenes For INFP.