• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Unsure of my Enneagram

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
For the longest time, I've thought I was 5w6. However, I've taken a few Enneagram tests tonight, all of them scoring me as a 1, usually with a 9 wing. (and, interestingly enough, with a decent possibility of being a 6. Of course, the 6 score was always less than half of the 1 score)

Would someone well-versed in enneagram care to enlighten me as to the key differences between 1s and 5s, especially given my potential wings? Assistance in this area would be appreciated. Perhaps I was in a "mood" that skewed the results?

psyche

Typically, 1s are trying to influence their world, and thus are more engaged in it -- even introverts. The 1 is focused on improving, teaching, perfecting themselves and others. The 5 is observing the world, from a detached vantage. The 5 is (often) protecting him/herself from being influenced or affected by the world.

imo, the enneagram tests are highly inaccurate. I'd recommend reading the types and seeing what resonates with you. 5s rarely mistype themselves.