• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP or ENFP?

What do you think my type is?

• INFP

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • ENFP

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Other (post in comments)

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was convinced that I was an INFP but now I'm not so sure. I don't think I'm as passive as INFP is supposed to be, and in IRL I'm very expressive even though I'm not extremely social. I like to talk things out. I'm not meek.

I assumed "I" because I associate extroverts with being extremely social and always needing company, and I need more time to myself. However, I've read that ENFPs are "introverted extroverts" and on Socionics.com I tested as an ENFp.

Does anyone have an opinion based upon what they've observed on here?

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Lady X is the person you need to speak to as she went through the same thing when she first arrived, however, after knowing her for a little while there was just NO question about her being an ENFP! :D

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Last edited:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was convinced that I was an INFP but now I'm not so sure. I don't think I'm as passive as INFP is supposed to be, and in IRL I'm very expressive even though I'm not extremely social. I like to talk things out. I'm not meek.

None of what you listed has anything to do with E vs I. I'm not as passive as an INFP is supposed to be, I'm a social person. This doesn't make me an extrovert. As for liking to talk things out that doesn't seem to have to do with extroversion. I'm not overly meek either.

I assumed "I" because I associate extroverts with being extremely social and always needing company, and I need more time to myself. However, I've read that ENFPs are "introverted extroverts" and on Socionics.com I tested as an ENFp.

They are the introverted extroverts, like ENTPs, because they are lead by Ne. Intuition is a purely mental process, thus being in your head and not outward like a normal extrovert. You don't seem like an ENFP at all. Not at all, in any way, from seeing you post on here. You definitely aren't an Ne dom. Plus I don't see the EXXP in you.

Also, socionics is NOT MBTI. You might be an ENFp in socionics, but you can be an INFP in MBTI. And also if you're relying on a test and think that a different test result changes things, well you're mistaken. Here's what I got on a recent test-

160395.png

And that doesn't change me at all. It just means I'm a more balanced person.

I'd say if you score as ENFP then you're balanced on E/I, which is a good thing.

I could be mistaken though, you could be an ENFP. You know you the best.

Which of these profiles do you relate to more?

INFP
ENFP

And also which of these are you?

Behind-the-Scenes Implies INFP
Get-Things-Going Implies ENFP

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I voted INFP because of the way you argued with me EXACTLY like my INFP friend does. I've never argued with an ENFP on here that way. (The difference was that you were able to tone the situation down when I offered a tone down post. He usually won't.)

I'm very extroverted but in social situations I can be uncomfortable.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
None of what you listed has anything to do with E vs I. I'm not as passive as an INFP is supposed to be, I'm a social person. This doesn't make me an extrovert. As for liking to talk things out that doesn't seem to have to do with extroversion. I'm not overly meek either.

They are the introverted extroverts, like ENTPs, because they are lead by Ne. Intuition is a purely mental process, thus being in your head and not outward like a normal extrovert. You don't seem like an ENFP at all. Not at all, in any way, from seeing you post on here. You definitely aren't an Ne dom. Plus I don't see the EXXP in you.

Also, socionics is NOT MBTI. You might be an ENFp in socionics, but you can be an INFP in MBTI. And also if you're relying on a test and think that a different test result changes things, well you're mistaken. Here's what I got on a recent test-

160395.png

And that doesn't change me at all. It just means I'm a more balanced person.

I'd say if you score as ENFP then you're balanced on E/I, which is a good thing.

I could be mistaken though, you could be an ENFP. You know you the best.

Which of these profiles do you relate to more?

INFP
ENFP

And also which of these are you?

Behind-the-Scenes Implies INFP
Get-Things-Going Implies ENFP

Thanks for the links Black Cat. It gives me more info to ponder.:)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I voted INFP because of the way you argued with me EXACTLY like my INFP friend does. I've never argued with an ENFP on here that way. (The difference was that you were able to tone the situation down when I offered a tone down post. He usually won't.)

I'm very extroverted but in social situations I can be uncomfortable.

Ha ha I argued just like your INFP friend...are ENFPs not argumentative in your experience? I can get intense about certain issues. It depends on my mood.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ironically, E is the only thing I'm sure of with you.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ironically, E is the only thing I'm sure of with you.

That's a refreshing answer.

I've been called both IRL.

I've been called an introvert because I like to read and am not super heavy on the socializing. Some people are highly suspicious of those of us who like to stay in our room and read.

I've been called an extrovert because I'm outspoken, I like to talk about things, and if I want to talk to someone I will approach them. I've noticed that when I work with teenagers they seem to find me easy to talk to, and a "grown up" they'll be honest with or even trust.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I get an INFP and Fi-dom vibe from you, and I relate to a lot of what you post. INFPs can have good social skills :D, but some are prone to poor ones because they indulge their introversion (I have been guilty of that...). I'm not sure how old you are, but I've seen many introverts become much more socially at ease and confident with age.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I've read nothing that leads me to believe you are not an ENFP. I've read nothing that leads me to believe you are not an INFP.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You seem very Fi dominant.
but i do get the ENFP feeling from you. :)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I suffered from the same problem when I came here, if anyone can remember, I was typed as an INFP for nearly 6 months before I realized I might be an ENFP. I still question my type as an ENFP because I still feel like an INFP sometimes.

I like to talk about things, problems, and am not very passive aggressive. I am a goof sometimes, and am not extremely shy.

But I am alone a lot, and prefer to be alone sometimes. I am a loner, as it is. Not saying I don't have friends, I just prefer to be alone sometimes. I need my own bubble.

But nonetheless, I am an ENFP, and perhaps this might help you a bit.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...i can't tell yet. did you ever read that thread i told you about?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like to talk about things, problems, and am not very passive aggressive. I am a goof sometimes, and am not extremely shy.

Being passive-aggressive and shy are not INFP traits, nor are they inherent to any one type.

INFPs are still Ne-aux and can have very goofy sides, and we may like to talk about deeper issues very much, just not as inclined to fluffy chatter.

Just wanted to clear that up.... ;)