• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Where's the typing experts?? :)

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
Hey. If people could help me type my new boyfriend, I'd really appreciate it. :)

+ Quiet guy, reserved, pretty laid-back. Sometimes VERY quiet, where I have to ask if he's OK and worry something is up (but that's maybe just my paranoia. :laugh:) Often seems to be drifted off into some daydream - staring into space. I thought he was shy at first, but actually I don't think he's that shy - just quiet.
+ With that said - he does like to be around people. Likes to go clubbing sometimes, go to a few bars for a few drinks, go into the city, has had no problems meeting a few of my family.
+ Is studying Politics in University, but says he isn't sure what he's going to do at the end of it, lol.
+ Enjoys Sudoko, Word Searches, Crosswords, reading newspapers - often gets lost in them.
+ Is very touchy-feely with me. Lots of cuddling, holding hands, kisses, tickles etc. Seems to show his feelings more through actions like these than words. He does say sweet things sometimes, but I feel like he speaks with his actions more if you know what I mean. Atlough its early in the relationship, so could just be worried about what to say I guess.
+ Seems (early days ;)) genuinely sweet and caring. Also seems quite sensitive. He has said a few things that makes me think maybe he thinks that he shouldn't be? I'm not quite sure, but for an example he told me about when he was young and went to bed early and would look at the sunset and how nice it was. He then said "I'm a bit stupid like that" Loves animals and is very good with kids (and often make "aww" remarks when we see a cute kid/baby/puppy/kitten) Also appreciates nature (doesn't like to kill bugs, likes it when he sees a ladybug, or butterfly for instance)
+ Talks nice and politely. Mostly well-mannerd. Atlough not afraid to talk more dirty if needed. ;) But He also has a sarcastic sense of humour. Will make little sarky remarks sometimes , and it's a bit hard for me to always know if he joking or not!
+ Is playful. Like will do silly things like get a water gun and spray me while camping, splashing me with water while washing-up :rolleyes: lol. Will keep trying to tickle me when I lest expect it and silly things like this.
+ Dresses casually but nice. Nice t-shirts or shirts, pair of jeans, sneakers. All clean and always smells real good. Takes a nice balanced, healthy pride in his apparence.
+ Is pretty lazy otherwise! Very slouchy - will just like slouch all over me, lol. Is often quite sleepy too. Seems a bit of a procrastinator like me.
+ When we were in a situation that caused my feelings to be hurt (wasn't actually his fault, just something that happend concerning him) he was calm at first and was like "Ok, let me think about this" and I could see he was thinking things through, and he talked pretty matter-of-fact and like he was trying to make it as calm as possible. But then he did get a little upset, and raised his voice very slightly and said "don't you think this (the problem) makes me feel inaduqate?" then he was like "Im sorry, I shouldn't have shouted" But it really was hardly shouting. I didn't want to argue, so just asked him for a hug, he hugged me back fine. Was forgot about very quickly.

Enough info? :p I do think we're similar in a lot of ways, but not quite getting the INFP vibe? Something seems different. I'm a bit crap at typing though.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some sort of IXFX. Not sure on P/J or S/N. I'm leaning toward F, but I'm not factoring out T. What sort of vibe do you get F/T wise?

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
I am thinking the same as you. I'm leaning more towards F, but he could possibly be T. These are the two I'm most stuck on. In that little hiccup we had, I think he was trying to work out the problem logically, but then his feelings came out. He actually admitted afterwards that he was "holding it in" while I let it all out straight away. Hmm... ?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That doesn't sound T or F really. A lot of the info you gave was too vague for S/N, and usually P/J is a hunch for me.

Give some reasoning behind each one. Like, S maybe because-, P maybe because-, J maybe because-, N maybe because- etc.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
You could dump him for a couple of days for pretends and then, and only then, will you find out that he's really been an ENFJ all this time:) Let it ferment for a while. Something will come up that might shed his facade.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I get I-FP, but there isn't enough information about the S/N.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
INFJ. The ultimate extraverted introvert. Actually sounds like one of my good friends.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My initial reaction was IxFJ. He sounds a lot more polite and composed than an IxFP would be, and I get an overall Fe vibe. I think we need more info to determine S or N though.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Too polite to be an I_FP.

INFJ or ISFJ.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hey. If people could help me type my new boyfriend, I'd really appreciate it. :)

+ Quiet guy, reserved, pretty laid-back. Sometimes VERY quiet, where I have to ask if he's OK and worry something is up (but that's maybe just my paranoia. :laugh:) Often seems to be drifted off into some daydream - staring into space. I thought he was shy at first, but actually I don't think he's that shy - just quiet.
+ With that said - he does like to be around people. Likes to go clubbing sometimes, go to a few bars for a few drinks, go into the city, has had no problems meeting a few of my family.
+ Is studying Politics in University, but says he isn't sure what he's going to do at the end of it, lol.
+ Enjoys Sudoko, Word Searches, Crosswords, reading newspapers - often gets lost in them.
+ Is very touchy-feely with me. Lots of cuddling, holding hands, kisses, tickles etc. Seems to show his feelings more through actions like these than words. He does say sweet things sometimes, but I feel like he speaks with his actions more if you know what I mean. Atlough its early in the relationship, so could just be worried about what to say I guess.
+ Seems (early days ;)) genuinely sweet and caring. Also seems quite sensitive. He has said a few things that makes me think maybe he thinks that he shouldn't be? I'm not quite sure, but for an example he told me about when he was young and went to bed early and would look at the sunset and how nice it was. He then said "I'm a bit stupid like that" Loves animals and is very good with kids (and often make "aww" remarks when we see a cute kid/baby/puppy/kitten) Also appreciates nature (doesn't like to kill bugs, likes it when he sees a ladybug, or butterfly for instance)
+ Talks nice and politely. Mostly well-mannerd. Atlough not afraid to talk more dirty if needed. ;) But He also has a sarcastic sense of humour. Will make little sarky remarks sometimes , and it's a bit hard for me to always know if he joking or not!
+ Is playful. Like will do silly things like get a water gun and spray me while camping, splashing me with water while washing-up :rolleyes: lol. Will keep trying to tickle me when I lest expect it and silly things like this.
+ Dresses casually but nice. Nice t-shirts or shirts, pair of jeans, sneakers. All clean and always smells real good. Takes a nice balanced, healthy pride in his apparence.
+ Is pretty lazy otherwise! Very slouchy - will just like slouch all over me, lol. Is often quite sleepy too. Seems a bit of a procrastinator like me.
+ When we were in a situation that caused my feelings to be hurt (wasn't actually his fault, just something that happend concerning him) he was calm at first and was like "Ok, let me think about this" and I could see he was thinking things through, and he talked pretty matter-of-fact and like he was trying to make it as calm as possible. But then he did get a little upset, and raised his voice very slightly and said "don't you think this (the problem) makes me feel inaduqate?" then he was like "Im sorry, I shouldn't have shouted" But it really was hardly shouting. I didn't want to argue, so just asked him for a hug, he hugged me back fine. Was forgot about very quickly.

Enough info? :p I do think we're similar in a lot of ways, but not quite getting the INFP vibe? Something seems different. I'm a bit crap at typing though.
I think he's an ISTJ.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

How is he towards everyone else?

I agree with INTJMom at first glance .

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After reading it again, I think ISTJ also. The way he was matter-of-fact in your argument, the subtle sarcasm... I could still see ISFJ, except that they are not so composed in an argument (usually) and rarely use sarcastic humor in my experience. I've also found many ISTJs to come across as quite caring and sensitive to others, especially ISTJ men dealing with women. I think it may come out a sense of duty and what is correct, more so than an emotional and compassionate feeling as with an INFP.

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
Thanks everybody for the opinions so far. :) I'll try and list more, see if it helps more. Any more opinions would be great!

I vs E - Like I said - quiet guy. Appears very relaxed, laid-back. He likes to slouch around and uses the words "I'm just chilling out" or "let's chill out" Says that often when I ask if he's OK, because he's very quiet (I am too, but still like to ask if he's OK a lot, lol.) Likes to take slow walks with no real destination. Like today, we went into town and just walked about - didn't even go into many shops. We just had a stroll and stopped to get a drink and "chill" now and then. ;) Seems to like (need? I not sure) his time alone to unwind. Like tonight he said he fancies a quiet night in. Likes to read (mainly books about Politics - but does enjoy some kinds like Harry Potter) He does enjoy going to bars and clubs sometimes. I've not been clubbing with him, but when we're in bars he's still the same quiet, laid-back kind of guy. Will be polite and talk to everyone, but is mostly quiet and communicate better one-on-one. But he can be silent for ages. Like, we can just sit there holding hands and stare into space together saying nothing for a while, lol. He's very content just cuddling, holding hands, touching, without the need for a conversation.

N vs S -This one is really difficult to say!!! I'm not sure. But when reading the differences between these two, this stood out for S: "I solve problems by working through facts until I understand the problem" That does seem to be what he was doing in that disagreement. He was like, "So this happend, then that..." But other than that I'm stuck with this one. :( Any help?

F vs T - He's a sensitive, tactful guy. But he IS often sarcastic in a silly way, lol. But he will say if he doesn't want to do something, and he will say "because I just don't feel like doing that, I feel like doing this" albeit in a polite way. And has said "wouldn't you rather hear the truth, than me lie and go along with it" So, he's not afraid to state what he wants, but he does it in a kind way. He loves Sudoko and puzzles - I've heard that's more a T thing? I don't know. In that disagreement we had he was being pretty matter-of-fact, trying to find a solution. He did express his feelings a little after, but seemd more concerned with finding harmony and solution. In another little disagreement, he was like "OK, we just argued, should I just go and call you tomorrow" Whereas I wanted to talk it out then, to sort our feelings out, because my F is so strong, lol.

P vs J - He's easy-going with plans. If I ask "what should we do tomorrow?" for instance, he's always like "I don't really mind, we could just walk about and see what happens" He'll call me "to make plans" but it's usually very brief for us both - neither of us usually have these things planned out well. We'll just go with the flow and see what happens. He makes sure we have a time and place set, but then whatever happens happens. Told me he left sorting out his student loan to the last minute. Can be pretty lazy.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes now that I read this ISP. The T and F are still a bit unclear, but IStP or ISfP. Which do you think?

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
I dunno - I think he may be too sensitive/polite to other people to be T?? This is difficult, lol.