• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

So there's this really attractive guy.

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
Charming, popular, daydreaming, flirtatious, flighty, horny, stoned, hippie musician.

I think all that N stuff could just be a charade, though: maybe he's just a sex addict with a lot of friends who wants to be (and thinks he's going to be) the next John Lennon, and so blogs about how insignificant life is and posts song lyrics and other symbolic quotes all over his profile.

Do ESFPs ever act as abstract as this? Or maybe I'm wrong and he really is ENFP?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well it's hard to type someone who we have no information about.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He seems like an intoxicated SP that wants to be deep, and he'll probably mistype as N.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Charming, popular, daydreaming, flirtatious, flighty, horny, stoned, hippie musician.

I think all that N stuff could just be a charade, though: maybe he's just a sex addict with a lot of friends who wants to be (and thinks he's going to be) the next John Lennon, and so blogs about how insignificant life is and posts song lyrics and other symbolic quotes all over his profile.

Do ESFPs ever act as abstract as this? Or maybe I'm wrong and he really is ENFP?

I don't really do symbolism. I went to a Dali exhibition last week, and my thought was: he is probably the most skilled artist I've seen, but not much grabs you and kills you, it's all symbolism, perspective, strangeness or shock value. Don't know about other ENFPs, but to me symbolism is a pretty whatever thing. I still appreciated the art for the skill, detail, humour and colours though.

He sounds more ESFP. Probably need more info to say for sure that he isn't ENFP though. Comparing him to yourself would be a good test as an ENTP. We share the same dominant function, so an ENFP will seem similar to you with more people focus and idealism in his decisions.

Also, comparing with some ENFP blogs in the NF Blogs section might help you decide.