• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESFP or ESTP?

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
Is this guy an ESFP or an ESTP? I don't know enough about these types to figure it out yet. Hopefully this is enough info:

-Very extroverted. Likes to be with people.

-Very talented with his hands and building things. Doesn't enjoy long conversations about abstract concepts.

-Normally early rather than late, but I think this has to do with upbringing. Horrible procrastinator. Plans everything at the last minute, even big things.

-Very flirtatious and dated lots of girls in early high school. Had only long term relationships after his junior year.

-Excellent soccer player. Very athletic, but also enjoyed the aspect of "getting into people's heads." Joined the varsity team early, and planned to escape hazing by hiding a padlock in his hand and cracking people on the head with it if they jumped him, since they wouldn't be able to tattle on him. It worked.

-Can easily pass classes but doesn't enjoy book learning.

-Loves action. Especially enjoyed doing dangerous things when he was younger, but still enjoys adrenaline rushes and risks now.

-Doesn't really care that much about rules.

-Takes people on in public if they're obnoxious or mean. In college, to deal with a chronically late (and mean) teacher, he packed up his books in the middle of class. When she asked where he was going, he said he'd kept track of how many minutes she had wasted by showing up late all semester, and she owed him [exact number] of minutes.

-Very direct and a bit argumentative or intimidating if pushed. Especially when proving his point in a business meeting.

-Very caring as a boss. Feels for his employees who are in difficult situations, and does his best to be fair and do things that are helpful to the employees.

-Huge joker. Picks on/teases people as a main form of humor. Intentionally trips on stairs or wears embarrassing things to make people laugh. Lots of physical antics. Fueled by getting a laugh. Great storyteller. Charms people. Annoys rigid people.

-Loves kids, especially goofing off with kids and making them laugh.

-Life of the party, in high school, college and now. Never got drunk in high school because he didn't like the idea of being out of control, but everybody still wanted him at their parties because he made things fun and got stuff going.

-Got sent to the principal's office constantly in high school. Once, he skipped a class to play basketball, and then made up a big, long story about how he had an out of body experience. Got kicked out of class for nursing one of those "practice" babies, when he argued that it was his legal right to nurse. Snuck out of the building and wore only his shirt around the grounds until he got caught, and convinced the faculty that mean kids stole his pants. Always sweet talked his way out of things and never got punished. Very persuasive. [*EDIT* By "never got punished" I mean he got sent to the principal's office, but never got an actual detention or other punishment.]

-Very emotionally stable and not moody. Usually upbeat.

-Likes and wants nice/expensive material things.

Last edited:

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
-Normally early rather than late, but I think this has to do with upbringing. Horrible procrastinator. Plans everything at the last minute, even big things.
That's me!

-Excellent soccer player. Very athletic, but also enjoyed the aspect of "getting into people's heads." Joined the varsity team early, and planned to escape hazing by hiding a padlock in his hand and cracking people on the head with it if they jumped him, since they wouldn't be able to tattle on him. It worked.
Nice.

Damn, is this guy me?

-Huge joker. Picks on/teases people as a main form of humor. Intentionally trips on stairs or wears embarrassing things to make people laugh. Lots of physical antics. Fueled by getting a laugh. Great storyteller. Charms people. Annoys rigid people.
I can really relate to that. I like looking outrageous to get peoples' attention and doing stupid things to make them laugh.

Yes!

-Life of the party, in high school, college and now. Never got drunk in high school because he didn't like the idea of being out of control, but everybody still wanted him at their parties because he made things fun and got stuff going.
I wouldn't get drunk either if I couldn't stay in control of myself, but I can.

-Got sent to the principal's office constantly in high school. Once, he skipped a class to play basketball, and then made up a big, long story about how he had an out of body experience. Got kicked out of class for nursing one of those "practice" babies, when he argued that it was his legal right to nurse. Snuck out of the building and wore only his shirt around the grounds until he got caught, and convinced the faculty that mean kids stole his pants. Always sweet talked his way out of things and never got punished. Very persuasive.
haha, <33

Same here.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I had a twin separated at birth, this would be him.

Maybe Stellar Renegade, me, and this fellow were identiacal MBTI triplets and all shot out to different families. This dude is ESTP.

;)

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Most def. Let's go on a hunting party and find him, and then we can tour the world stirring up chaos everywhere we go! :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sounds very ESTP.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
It's my SO! :D

He's completely crazy. But I love him.

I have been thinking he was ESFP all this time. Weird.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I bet you guys have fun, though. I tend to get along pretty well with INFPs.

Good luck on your relationship.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is this guy an ESFP or an ESTP? I don't know enough about these types to figure it out yet. Hopefully this is enough info:

-Very extroverted. Likes to be with people.

-Very talented with his hands and building things. Doesn't enjoy long conversations about abstract concepts.

-Very flirtatious and dated lots of girls in early high school. Had only long term relationships after his junior year.

-Loves action. Especially enjoyed doing dangerous things when he was younger, but still enjoys adrenaline rushes and risks now.

-Doesn't really care that much about rules.

-Takes people on in public if they're obnoxious or mean. In college, to deal with a chronically late (and mean) teacher, he packed up his books in the middle of class. When she asked where he was going, he said he'd kept track of how many minutes she had wasted by showing up late all semester, and she owed him [exact number] of minutes.

-Very direct and a bit argumentative or intimidating if pushed. Especially when proving his point in a business meeting.

-Very caring as a boss. Feels for his employees who are in difficult situations, and does his best to be fair and do things that are helpful to the employees.

-Got sent to the principal's office constantly in high school. Once, he skipped a class to play basketball, and then made up a big, long story about how he had an out of body experience. Got kicked out of class for nursing one of those "practice" babies, when he argued that it was his legal right to nurse. Snuck out of the building and wore only his shirt around the grounds until he got caught, and convinced the faculty that mean kids stole his pants. Always sweet talked his way out of things and never got punished. Very persuasive.

Many of these things can relate to both but due to the bolded I'm definitely thinking estp. The only thing that pointed to esfp was the animals and kids thing- and that he's a caring boss.

The material things.. well that could be both too but (personal experience) I have noticed esfp not caring as much about material things as long as they have their friends and their parties and such. ESTP's are known for their expensive tastes and flaunting their stuff ...
estp's being more competitive and athletic, stp's always being known for fixing things, estp's known for being the "salespeople" (i'm thinking about the very persuasive part..) Well an esfp may be able to smile and "cute" their way out of things, I think that estp's are a bit more skilled at this and can actually TALK their way out of things. The enjoying danger thing is more stp I think.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I bet you guys have fun, though. I tend to get along pretty well with INFPs.

Good luck on your relationship.

True that.

I've found it nice to have "P" in common with any type, "J" can sometimes be a little testy to deal with.

Differences in "N" Vs. "S" have never been a big deal for me either.

"E" Vs. "I" differences can be no problem at all, especially when you have "P" in common.

I'll bet you two get along just fine.

Remember, all MBTI aside, it's your core values, outlook on life, and fondness for each other that matter above all things. :yes:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jewel, you got yourself one of those alfa males at home?!

Ok you know how to appreciate a challenge..damn, I'm jealous :D

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
ESTP's are known for their expensive tastes and flaunting their stuff ...

Yeah, I'd be content to live on beans and rice in a hut somewhere, which is probably ridiculous to the opposite extreme, so I think we balance each other out.

I've found it nice to have "P" in common with any type, "J" can sometimes be a little testy to deal with.

Differences in "N" Vs. "S" have never been a big deal for me either.

"E" Vs. "I" differences can be no problem at all, especially when you have "P" in common.

I'll bet you two get along just fine.

Remember, all MBTI aside, it's your core values, outlook on life, and fondness for each other that matter above all things. :yes:

Yeah, both being P's can sometimes get us into trouble in terms of putting things off too long or having a vague idea of what needs to get accomplished, but we're both really laid back about schedules and projects and I think I prefer it that way.

Regarding E vs. I, I hate being the center of attention, so it's fantastic that he's so charismatic. Completely takes the pressure off me.

Thanks for the comments, everybody! :)

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP

Totally agreed. Theory is theory, it's only helpful as a supplement.

Also, I could live on rice and beans in a hut, but even then I'd probably find a way to attain material convenience.

By the way, this:

Sounds a whole lot like something my best friend would do, too. I'm kinda confused about his true type right now but he's definitely acted like an ESTP for most of his life.

I'm usually really easygoing plus the fact that my type was repressed and I'm still rediscovering it, but that sounds like something I would probably do, too, for fun and to get the upper hand. The closest I've come to that so far though was getting a manager out the door in my last job. There were other factors in why she got fired but my writing up every single little thing she'd done wrong from day one in an email to the district manager I'm sure was a big reason. She sure was a bitch too, and her removal was way overdue. The district manager seemed to cling to her despite huge mistakes, though, which is what makes me think my email put that final nail in the coffin.

I was amazed that the assistant, a good friend of mine by then, still seemed concerned about her and her ability to get another job. I told her I didn't care, even though her husband had just lost his job, too.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah, he is typically pretty laid back as well. If other people are jerks, he tends to let things slide for a bit, but if it reaches a certain point and he's had enough, watch out. He won't hesitate to make a certain people look stupid in public, and probably has fun doing it. Especially those who abuse authority or take advantage of other people. In general, though, he's pretty nice, stays out of other people's business, and gives people space. I don't think I've ever seen him manipulate a situation to embarrass someone (in a mean way, not a kidding way) unless he was provoked.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Yep, definitely me, then. I heard that lady was chased out of the store crying with the words, "Get out of here", and after all the tyrannical bullshit we had all put up with I laughed heartily.

Or take the group of kids I was counselor for at YMCA in Washington state. It was rumored among all the kids that I was the coolest counselor (and I wasn't a huge rule follower). But when one of my kids hit another one broadside on the back with a huge branch, I immediately grabbed it, flung it into the trees nearby and yelled at him as loud as I could. We immediately talked to the director and that kid was a changed man from that day on. Not to mention the group. haha.

I hope that's a lesson they'll never forget. There had been drama in that group and they were the hardest group to counsel ever. After that I couldn't have asked for a better bunch. :D

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
Maybe you really ARE a long lost twin or triplet of my SO. He spent some time counseling teen boys and taking them on camping trips, and though he was way more permissive with kids than he should have been (I think), that's exactly the way he reacted to violent or stupid nonsense.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe you really ARE a long lost twin or triplet of my SO. He spent some time counseling teen boys and taking them on camping trips, and though he was way more permissive with kids than he should have been (I think), that's exactly the way he reacted to violent or stupid nonsense.

Girl, you're *not* keeping all three if that's the case, you hear? Share with your NFP siblings!

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
Oh my. Some days I can hardly handle one. They're all yours. Haha. You and I can sit back with iced teas and talk about the universe while we watch them run around like maniacs and create all sorts of mayhem. I promise you won't ever get bored again. :)