• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I normaly hate doing this....

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I personaly cant stand threads about people pondering there type. Its such a moot topic, you are who you are no matter what any test says. So unless your some kind of gullibale idiot who would base their life off of a test(think of the G.O.A.T. exam) its not going to change anything about you to know oyur type.

Now that I have you thuroughly offended I must hypocriticly enquire:

INTP or ENTP?

I normaly never questioned this until I say the pop-culture thread on house. Where it stated that he was "misanthropic ENTP".
THe thing is, if you were to ask me my main function its NE by a LONG shot.
Another thing is the fact that in my childhood I was always taking things apart and building things(I siad I wanted to grow up to be an inventor)
Ive noticed, that in my memory I was always like this until a certain event that will not be named on this forum happened. After that I kind of withdrew from my peers and family and became rather bitter.
But heres the thing, my ideas, I almost physicaly NEED people to bounce them off of. I cannot decide on any idea if I dont run it through someone I trust(or even somone I dont trust). Keep in mind, I almost never listen to them, its almost like a mental block that I cant get over.

So what do you think guys? :huh:

/narccassistic rant

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do believe it's pronounced: "gullybubble"...

The most important difference between INTP and ENTP is:
INTP- uses Ne to feed Ti.
ENTP- uses Ti to probe Ne's possibilities.

ENTPs are good with brainstorming ideas, INTPs are good at analysis and achieve much more depth.

Plus there is also that classic introvert/extrovert difference, which is hard to pin down when you're swinging the axis. NTPs share most of their traits anyway, ENTPs bounce ideas off of people... and so do INTPs :rolli:

There's a few traits that I've heard of but they might be myths:
-ENTPs are warmer than INTPs
-INTPs have a much greater capacity to concentrate than ENTPs
-ENTPs don't necessarily like to party
-ENTPs take longer to make decisions than INTPs
-INTPs are very anti-social, I think that could have more to do with the enneagram 5 type, there was at least one INTP 7 at INTPc who appeared to be very social.

personal rant that you probably dont care for: I'm pretty unsure of my own extroversion, I fit ENTP better than INTP, but I appear quite asocial. I blame it on my enneagram type, which is somewhat atypical for XNTPs (6w7), I realize that I am scared shitless sometimes when it comes to interacting with larger groups of people, as much as I like people :cry: *warning emote is put on :rofl1:, I will now continue to fill this post with meaningless rubbish and useless emotes... I can't help it :rolleyes:

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
You sound like an ENTP.

I find its best when using typology to disregard E/I and just use NTP as they are effectively the same type in that they both use Ne and Ti. ENTP to me is how an NTP acts in relation to the world around us. INTP is how an NTP reacts to their "own inner world".

To be honest I think the main difference is in Whether you use Fe or Si more as its far easier though less useful to type people by what they aren't good at.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Actually whether you are I or E does make a difference in regards to cognitive functions.

ENTP: Ne Ti Fe Si
INTP: Ti Se Ni Fe

Which would change the dominant cognitive function orders, the Auxiliary function (second position) would support the Superior function (first position)

The Superior is the easiest for you to use, doesn't take up much energy.
The 4th function or Inferior function is your weakest function or would take more energy for you to use.

Shadow processes would all be changed around also.

ENTP: Ni Te Fi Se
INTP: Te Si Ne Fi

If at your worst you could be

ENTP: like Se in the most negative way
or like
INTP: Fi in the most negative way

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^You meant ISTP right?

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
I personaly cant stand threads about people pondering there type. Its such a moot topic, you are who you are no matter what any test says. So unless your some kind of gullibale idiot who would base their life off of a test(think of the G.O.A.T. exam) its not going to change anything about you to know oyur type.

You're right it doesn't really matter. But it is useful to know yourself.

But heres the thing, my ideas, I almost physicaly NEED people to bounce them off of. I cannot decide on any idea if I dont run it through someone I trust(or even somone I dont trust). Keep in mind, I almost never listen to them, its almost like a mental block that I cant get over

You wear your intuition (Ne) on your sleeves, like me. Doesn't necessarily mean you are an extrovert.

I find I cannot seem to work for long in solitude. I seem to need people buzzing around me sometimes. That is an extrovert thing. But working with people is a different matter. I am usually intensely secretive about certain things. If you tell my brother something you might as well print it on a banner and fly it over the city--that's why I don't tell him a lot. I barely speak to most of my family which has alienated them. That is not atypical INTP behavior. I often get lost inside my own head--hence LostInnerSpace, in case you did not get that.

I can be controlling and manipulative when backed into a corner. That does not strike me as typical for either INTPs or ENTPs. The label is just a useful guide, I personally don't live my life by it. If anything I try to put outside of the behavioral boundaries of typical INTP.