• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[insert confused yet eye-catching title here]

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Everyone else has one of these, I might as well get one as well. Plus, I think I need an outside perspective on this, as I'm clearly getting nowhere by myself.

Anyway, here’s some crap about me to go on:

- I can handle myself fine in social situations (so long as the people interest me), but too much external stimuli tends to make me irritable, distracted, and I can’t seem to think properly after that point.
- The average extravert will overpower me, whereas I overpower the average introvert.
- When I need to work something out, I generally like to make lists, such as I’m doing now. Seeing everything in its discrete parts tends to help me organize my thoughts.
- I like knowing what I’m going to do before I do it, and as such I tend to like to plan everything far out in advance. For instance, when I was in the ninth grade and I thought I wanted to go into medicine, I already knew which hospital I wanted to do my residency at.
- I really dislike doing things that I’m uninterested in doing, and while I’ll do it if I’m forced to, I tend to ignore it when I can. This includes not studying for courses that I’m uninterested in, even at the cost of my grades. For subjects I am interested in, I can generally determine how long it’ll take me to get a certain grade, and I tend not to put in much effort above that. I get the ‘wasted potential’ comment a lot.
- My routines tend to have a certain fluidity to them. Basically, I like to organize my routine by the way one thing will logically flow into another.
- As much as I like things to be in order, I’m horribly disorganized. And yet I can’t work in an area that is disorganized. I haven’t really found an appropriate cure.
- I’m very gesticulate. Very. I gave a speech in English once that is apparently still used as an example for what not to do during speeches. Also, when I can’t remember a word for whatever reason, my instinct is to try and mime it until someone else figures it out for me.
- I dislike conflict that’s actually conflict. Debating is fun and entertaining, but I don’t like when things are actually an argument. I don’t like seeing people in pain, and while I don’t go out of my way to help people necessarily, I do feel the need to help people. Of course, it’s not really taken as help, as I like to help the situation rather than the emotional state.
- When I was younger, I used to use the phrase “technically speaking” all of the time, because I tended to have issues with people not defining things correctly.
- Er, I also evidently have problems with being concise.

That’s all I can really think of at the moment. There’s only two things I’m positive of: Firstly, I’m not an Se-dom or Se-aux. My two younger siblings as well as a former best friend of mine are all Se-doms and I know what it looks like in terms of behaviour, and I definitely do not relate. Secondly, I think it’s clear that I’m a thinker of some sorts rather than a feeler. One of my main arguments for being ENTP or INTJ is that while I am a thinker, I’m not a complete feel-o-tard. Basically, I don’t think I’m T enough to be a T-dom.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
My guess is INTJ, but let's see what everyone else says.

*sits back in lawnchair*

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
You sound like you have a lot of j tendencies as far as planning goes
(and even if, say, your room is a total wreck you could still be j). I'm curious about what reasons you might have for typing yourself as entp, for the sake of comparison.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
You sound like you have a lot of j tendencies as far as planning goes
(and even if, say, your room is a total wreck you could still be j). I'm curious about what reasons you might have for typing yourself as entp, for the sake of comparison.
My tendency to debate anything that doesn't make sense to me was what first turned me in the ENTP direction. I'm also particularly aware of patterns, and logical consistency, which both seemed more Ti to me. I'm good with critiquing, analysis, and tearing ideas apart to see what's at their core, and then determining whether or not they make any sense. I think my problem is that I don't fully understand where Ni ends and Ne begins, because while I thought I was INTJ, I recognized that I also had high Ti, and the opposite occurred while I thought I was ENTP.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
My tendency to debate anything that doesn't make sense to me was what first turned me in the ENTP direction. I'm also particularly aware of patterns, and logical consistency, which both seemed more Ti to me. I'm good with critiquing, analysis, and tearing ideas apart to see what's at their core, and then determining whether or not they make any sense. I think my problem is that I don't fully understand where Ni ends and Ne begins, because while I thought I was INTJ, I recognized that I also had high Ti, and the opposite occurred while I thought I was ENTP.

Debate (very Te), patterns, and logical consistency are very intj, although I could see how you could see these as Ti. I think Ni is more a spontaneous generation of ideas or an extrapolation of outside information which has been processed and internalized, whereas Ne seems to pull together random external elements and turn them into something. I see Ti more as looking at things from the inside out, a close up examination of the parts that make up a thing, whereas Te seeks to categorize information and apply it. Te subject to Ni means implementation of predicted patterns. Maybe there is someone who can put that into a more concrete example or explanation?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Basically, are you obsessed with efficiency(INTJ) or quite possibly clinically insane(ENTP)?

That is partly a joke, I love ENTPs

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Everyone else has one of these, I might as well get one as well. Plus, I think I need an outside perspective on this, as I'm clearly getting nowhere by myself.

Anyway, here’s some crap about me to go on:

- I can handle myself fine in social situations (so long as the people interest me), but too much external stimuli tends to make me irritable, distracted, and I can’t seem to think properly after that point.
- The average extravert will overpower me, whereas I overpower the average introvert.
- When I need to work something out, I generally like to make lists, such as I’m doing now. Seeing everything in its discrete parts tends to help me organize my thoughts.
- I like knowing what I’m going to do before I do it, and as such I tend to like to plan everything far out in advance. For instance, when I was in the ninth grade and I thought I wanted to go into medicine, I already knew which hospital I wanted to do my residency at.
- I really dislike doing things that I’m uninterested in doing, and while I’ll do it if I’m forced to, I tend to ignore it when I can. This includes not studying for courses that I’m uninterested in, even at the cost of my grades. For subjects I am interested in, I can generally determine how long it’ll take me to get a certain grade, and I tend not to put in much effort above that. I get the ‘wasted potential’ comment a lot.
- My routines tend to have a certain fluidity to them. Basically, I like to organize my routine by the way one thing will logically flow into another.
- As much as I like things to be in order, I’m horribly disorganized. And yet I can’t work in an area that is disorganized. I haven’t really found an appropriate cure.
- I’m very gesticulate. Very. I gave a speech in English once that is apparently still used as an example for what not to do during speeches. Also, when I can’t remember a word for whatever reason, my instinct is to try and mime it until someone else figures it out for me.
- I dislike conflict that’s actually conflict. Debating is fun and entertaining, but I don’t like when things are actually an argument. I don’t like seeing people in pain, and while I don’t go out of my way to help people necessarily, I do feel the need to help people. Of course, it’s not really taken as help, as I like to help the situation rather than the emotional state.
- When I was younger, I used to use the phrase “technically speaking” all of the time, because I tended to have issues with people not defining things correctly.
- Er, I also evidently have problems with being concise.

That’s all I can really think of at the moment. There’s only two things I’m positive of: Firstly, I’m not an Se-dom or Se-aux. My two younger siblings as well as a former best friend of mine are all Se-doms and I know what it looks like in terms of behaviour, and I definitely do not relate. Secondly, I think it’s clear that I’m a thinker of some sorts rather than a feeler. One of my main arguments for being ENTP or INTJ is that while I am a thinker, I’m not a complete feel-o-tard. Basically, I don’t think I’m T enough to be a T-dom.

Yes, this is exactly how Ps operate (the NT kind at least), some Ps are less organized, but what matters is the reason behind the organization. Your Ti needs a logical system to work with, so it organizes one, but naturally, you fall back into disorganization (or something like that). Pretty certain you're a TP, and given that you are certain that you're not an S, that would imply NTP. From what's been stated on this board and elsewhere, ENTPs aren't terribly extroverted, they are the "least extroverted of the extroverts", which would explain why you think you are half way inbetween. But INTPs can often appear to be quite much the same way, so that really doesn't help you. You also say that you're not a feel-o-tard, I'm quite much the same. You need to also consider the Si, I figured out a while ago that my Si is retarded :D. My sense of smell, taste, etc. are just useless. I'm not 100% sure, but INTPs would be at least able to revert to the Si and use it, rather than be disadvantaged by it. *needs INTP support*

/DG/

@ King-Of-Despair -- What?? I thought it was the opposite. :/

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
@ King-Of-Despair -- What?? I thought it was the opposite. :/

My brother does this, and he is ISTP. I do this (not quite as often however) and I am ENTP. Te isn't the only function that organizes things. My Te is terrifying when it comes out, and loves chaos, makes me looks like a bored/drunk :blush: Se type. But when it comes to important things, a P will organize everything in their own kind of way. My dad, ESTP, keeps his shed organized, finds all of the tools around the house and puts them where he can find them.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Hm, I don't know. INTJs are pretty sensory-retarded. Seriously I was apparently sitting on a bottle of glue (which was laying horizontally) today and didn't realize it (I was heavily immersed in drawing) until I got up and had glue running down my backside.

Although I am not very familiar with Aerithria and I probably suffer from confirmation bias or whatever it is.

/DG/

Then how do you explain messy J's? I know quite a few.

Er... sorry about derailing the thread for a few posts. :/

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Debate (very Te), patterns, and logical consistency are very intj, although I could see how you could see these as Ti.
I guess it depends on what kind of debating I do. This might be completely wrong, but I'm guessing a Te user would have an objective in a debate, such as to make a certain point, and would initiate a debate because they think a certain stance is incorrect and want to set things straight, whereas a Ti user wants to get to the truth however they can, and might initiate a debate out of sheer curiosity. If this is the case, I think I'm more of a Te-style debater.

I think Ni is more a spontaneous generation of ideas or an extrapolation of outside information which has been processed and internalized, whereas Ne seems to pull together random external elements and turn them into something. I see Ti more as looking at things from the inside out, a close up examination of the parts that make up a thing, whereas Te seeks to categorize information and apply it. Te subject to Ni means implementation of predicted patterns. Maybe there is someone who can put that into a more concrete example or explanation?
The N functions are particularly difficult to describe. I think I'm more of a Te user than a Ti user, though. This description of Te makes a lot of sense to me. I'm starting to doubt my reasons for Ne as well... I do the idea-hopping thing, but I'm bad at using things from my environment to create something with.

Basically, are you obsessed with efficiency(INTJ) or quite possibly clinically insane(ENTP)?

That is partly a joke, I love ENTPs
>_>

Yes, this is exactly how Ps operate (the NT kind at least), some Ps are less organized, but what matters is the reason behind the organization. Your Ti needs a logical system to work with, so it organizes one, but naturally, you fall back into disorganization (or something like that). Pretty certain you're a TP, and given that you are certain that you're not an S, that would imply NTP. From what's been stated on this board and elsewhere, ENTPs aren't terribly extroverted, they are the "least extroverted of the extroverts", which would explain why you think you are half way inbetween. But INTPs can often appear to be quite much the same way, so that really doesn't help you. You also say that you're not a feel-o-tard, I'm quite much the same. You need to also consider the Si, I figured out a while ago that my Si is retarded :D. My sense of smell, taste, etc. are just useless. I'm not 100% sure, but INTPs would be at least able to revert to the Si and use it, rather than be disadvantaged by it. *needs INTP support*

Heh, I said I was certain I'm not an SP. You can still think Si for me if you like, so long as you have a good reason to think so. I'll take whatever makes sense. Er, and when you're saying Si, you're actually saying Se. Se is about the five senses, basic present physical experiences, whereas Si is about the past, and implementing information based on what you already know.

I think in terms of extroversion/introversion, I probably lean more towards introversion. I analyze my potential actions to death before I actually take them. I've read most of the ENTP isolation threads, and I could see myself being like that, though in one of them a link was posted describing the differences between extroversion, introversion, shyness and social anxiety and there were ENTPs agreeing with what they said about extroversion and I found myself thinking that I'm introverted from their descriptions. Though I do tend to speak before I think, so it's a toss up.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Although I am not very familiar with Aerithria and I probably suffer from confirmation bias or whatever it is.
Which is why it was probably stupid to post this thread in the middle of the night, because the people that know me aren't on and there's not enough people that don't posting opinions at the moment.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heh, I said I was certain I'm not an SP. You can still think Si for me if you like, so long as you have a good reason to think so. I'll take whatever makes sense. Er, and when you're saying Si, you're actually saying Se. Se is about the five senses, basic present physical experiences, whereas Si is about the past, and implementing information based on what you already know.
Si- Internal sensing. Se- External. If you think about that, you'll notice that Si is better at sensing things like taste, what something sounds like to them. They also build upon a knowledge of what something felt like/tasted like in the past. Se is more about the outside world, both functions operate on the senses (hence sensor), it's just they are orientated in different directions.

I think in terms of extroversion/introversion, I probably lean more towards introversion. I analyze my potential actions to death before I actually take them. I've read most of the ENTP isolation threads, and I could see myself being like that, though in one of them a link was posted describing the differences between extroversion, introversion, shyness and social anxiety and there were ENTPs agreeing with what they said about extroversion and I found myself thinking that I'm introverted from their descriptions. Though I do tend to speak before I think, so it's a toss up.

I get the same thing, it's likely because of my enneagram. It's not easy to determine E/I, unless it's completely obvious. I'll have to try reading that thread, I just skimmed it before :)

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Si- Internal sensing. Se- External. If you think about that, you'll notice that Si is better at sensing things like taste, what something sounds like to them. They also build upon a knowledge of what something felt like/tasted like in the past. Se is more about the outside world, both functions operate on the senses (hence sensor), it's just they are orientated in different directions.
Eh, you could be right. I don't pretend to be an expert on the sensing functions.

I get the same thing, it's likely because of my enneagram. It's not easy to determine E/I, unless it's completely obvious. I'll have to try reading that thread, I just skimmed it before :)
Determining that might help, though I haven't really figured that out either. I decided to understand MBTI fully before delving into the other type systems.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Then how do you explain messy J's? I know quite a few.

Er... sorry about derailing the thread for a few posts. :/

We're still on topic (as far as I can tell). Messy Js, I've seen one or two, they are usually NFs I think. Most Js are simply in control more, as they don't like to just let go. Even when they let go, they do it on their own terms. Percievers aren't quite as control focused, when they loose it, it doesn't bother them so much, they adapt. The stereotype is that Js are less fun, the thing is, they are just as fun, they just need to do it on their own terms.

Eh, you could be right. I don't pretend to be an expert on the sensing functions.

Determining that might help, though I haven't really figured that out either. I decided to understand MBTI fully before delving into the other type systems.

I think I have acquired most of my understanding of the functions from Socionics, I read a book about it all and somehow it has stuck with me quite well. It makes the MBTI descriptions of the functions make more sense.

If you want, you can get half an idea of your enneagram type from MellowMarcello's thread. S/he has a particularly good understanding of the enneagram.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
We're still on topic (as far as I can tell). Messy Js, I've seen one or two, they are usually NFs I think. Most Js are simply in control more, as they don't like to just let go. Even when they let go, they do it on their own terms. Percievers aren't quite as control focused, when they loose it, it doesn't bother them so much, they adapt. The stereotype is that Js are less fun, the thing is, they are just as fun, they just need to do it on their own terms.
I think most people like to have control. Control is just expressed differently through different types, and thus what is a loss of control to one type is only a minor inconvenience to another, as they didn't yet lose their control.

I think I have acquired most of my understanding of the functions from Socionics, I read a book about it all and somehow it has stuck with me quite well. It makes the MBTI descriptions of the functions make more sense.
I've been looking into the MBTI versions of functional descriptions. Ironically, the more I understand them, the more confused I get about where I fit in the system.

Out of curiosity, you guessed ENTP for me. Is that based on this thread, or on my posting in general?

If you want, you can get half an idea of your enneagram type from MellowMarcello's thread. S/he has a particularly good understanding of the enneagram.
Hm. I might look into that. Thanks.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think most people like to have control. Control is just expressed differently through different types, and thus what is a loss of control to one type is only a minor inconvenience to another, as they didn't yet lose their control.
hmmm... well, ESTPs often like to take charge and lead, but that's a different kind of control, I think I mean self control. This is interesting, looks like I've got a new thread to make :yes:

I've been looking into the MBTI versions of functional descriptions. Ironically, the more I understand them, the more confused I get about where I fit in the system.
Maybe you just need to find the fundamentals and then work it into a system. It's much easier when everything is tied together... unless you're an INTJ :laugh:, I've got no idea how they understand theory (it's difficult, they just seem to blurt out an answer without telling you their thought processes)... in fact I might ask them now and find out, here comes another thread :cheese:, although, I think the information might already be hidden inside of an existing thread... I don't want to trudge through an entire thread looking for it! :cry:

Out of curiosity, you guessed ENTP for me. Is that based on this thread, or on my posting in general?
I based that on this thread, out of curiosity, are you asking this because you change very often? Like in a contradictory kind of way, like one moment you'll be domineering, then next submissive, or you feel courageous one moment, and the next, you just about cower in fear? I've noticed only a couple of your posts, in one of those quiz things, you were the only one that scored what I did, if that helps at all :rolli:. And I try to avoid making guesses when typing people (unless they don't provide enough info), it's much more consistent if you keep guesses out of the mix, it tends to make the individual being typed confused, they often get a mixture of ESFP and ENTJ or something ridiculous :nono:

Hm. I might look into that. Thanks.
No probs, but I must warn you, marcello seems to dislike explaining what he concludes and it can be kind of irritating, you just gotta take his opinion into account and confirm it later.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
hmmm... well, ESTPs often like to take charge and lead, but that's a different kind of control, I think I mean self control. This is interesting, looks like I've got a new thread to make :yes:
Heh, let me know what you've found out.

Maybe you just need to find the fundamentals and then work it into a system. It's much easier when everything is tied together... unless you're an INTJ :laugh:, I've got no idea how they understand theory (it's difficult, they just seem to blurt out an answer without telling you their thought processes)... in fact I might ask them now and find out, here comes another thread :cheese:, although, I think the information might already be hidden inside of an existing thread... I don't want to trudge through an entire thread looking for it! :cry:
Oy. I haven't become responsible for the KOD Thread-Starting Spam-Fest of 2009, have I?

I based that on this thread, out of curiosity, are you asking this because you change very often? Like in a contradictory kind of way, like one moment you'll be domineering, then next submissive, or you feel courageous one moment, and the next, you just about cower in fear?
Not really. I've been going over some of my old posts, and even my writing style seems quite similar to how it was before. The only inconsistencies in my behaviour that I've noticed are that I used to be a lot more productive than I am now, but that's because before I actually knew what I was working for, so there's no surprises there. I was just curious about the source of your opinion.

I've noticed only a couple of your posts, in one of those quiz things, you were the only one that scored what I did, if that helps at all :rolli:.
Oh geez, I remember that stupid quiz. I remember my result too, and I have no idea who it was trying to describe, but it definitely wasn't me, heh.

And I try to avoid making guesses when typing people (unless they don't provide enough info), it's much more consistent if you keep guesses out of the mix, it tends to make the individual being typed confused, they often get a mixture of ESFP and ENTJ or something ridiculous :nono:
Me either, it's why I usually stay away from threads like these. Better than nothing, however.

No probs, but I must warn you, marcello seems to dislike explaining what he concludes and it can be kind of irritating, you just gotta take his opinion into account and confirm it later.
Well, that sounds frustrating. Blindly accepting a type given to you based on a few posts doesn't seem to be the most accurate way of determining things.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heh, let me know what you've found out.

Oy. I haven't become responsible for the KOD Thread-Starting Spam-Fest of 2009, have I?
maybe... I'm feelin' a little lazy though :D, and they're quite likely to turn into meaningless gibberish after a few posts...

Not really. I've been going over some of my old posts, and even my writing style seems quite similar to how it was before. The only inconsistencies in my behaviour that I've noticed are that I used to be a lot more productive than I am now, but that's because before I actually knew what I was working for, so there's no surprises there. I was just curious about the source of your opinion.
I thought it was kind of obvious, lol, I did kind of quote your post first right?

Oh geez, I remember that stupid quiz. I remember my result too, and I have no idea who it was trying to describe, but it definitely wasn't me, heh.

Me either, it's why I usually stay away from threads like these. Better than nothing, however.
Sometimes it seems like people might just be basing their guesses on what you've always been. There's really not much point in saying anything unless you give a good reason for it... unless you believe that the poster may just be lacking some kind of confidence in their ability to type themselves or something, sometimes it's easier to trust the outside opinion over your own, but that method seems to really leave you empty when you desire the truth. I have a suspicion that most people making these typing threads might be enneagram 6s... but you are clearly not a 6.

Well, that sounds frustrating. Blindly accepting a type given to you based on a few posts doesn't seem to be the most accurate way of determining things.

It's just the quick and nasty way to do it :D, there's always time to solidify/destroy your rough conclusion later.