• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

BlackCat- INTJ? INFP? ISFP?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ever since I've gotten into typology this has been bugging me. I can relate very well to INTJs, and I've been called INTJ by several people. Others call me INFP. I finally got fed up with it enough to make a thread.

Reasoning behind INTJ-

-I do feel very deeply, but other people's emotional outbursts bother me. I can only really deal with or care about someone's emotions when I care about them to some extent or when I also care about what they are being emotional about. When I don't care I can come off as cold and uncaring. I have "helper" modes where I will get in a mood where I feel like helping someone, and I'll do it, whether it be with emotions or whatever.

-Incompetence really does anger me, in people and in objects.

-I was thinking that my development might have been screwed up. As a kid I went through a 4 and a half (approx) year period and stress and depression dealing with family issues and social issues, and perhaps I have been going through tertiary temptation (NiFi loop). My Te has been coming around in the past few months, overwhelmingly so, every day my Te is getting stronger. I think that this is because I've been more relaxed and in much better moods. I've noticed big differences in my Te and in my T side and scores in general over the past few months (when I've been truly at ease mentally and without stress or depression).

-I really can't relate to any of the issues that INFPs have that I've observed on this board, and I can't really relate to the profiles all that well.

-I've introspected and I'm pretty sure I use a good amount of Ni for understanding things. I've been thinking about this for a couple of months. What I've thought was an "Fi understanding" of things may very well be an "Ni understanding" of things.

I may have related to the inferior Te of the INFP because mine may have been suppressed, but nowadays I don't really see it as some sort of inferior for me.

Things that go against INTJ for me-

-I have a lot of empathy. I can focus on one person and know what they're feeling and know their mood. I work very well with emotions.

-I am in general interested in people and in helping them. I love to help people solve their problems and issues in their lives. I want to be a counselor or a mediator for a career. I love to get to know new people and to talk to them, to get their perspective on things and to give mine.

Opinions? I'll put down more stuff as I think of it...

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
INCG.

The CG stands for "cool guy." :cheese:

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I could see you as an INTJ with a background that has softened you up, but didn't you say somewhere that you are attracted to TJs, including a masochistic attraction to ESTJs? That would be my biggest strike against INTJ.

As for strikes against INFP, I don't see any evidence that you use Ne...?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Very mature and emotionally-in-touch INTJ. I already told you my opinion, though.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Hmm, I dunno, BlackCat! Talking with you, I feel like we share many functions, but at the same time if you are INFP, you have developed some inferiors very highly that most INFPs haven't. Especially your Te. I think maybe you just honed your inferiors, and learned to rely less on your dominants, assuming you are INFP.

However this is all something that only you can really determine. :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If you feel like intj, then go for it. Make it quick tho before the nazis start to patent the mbti and start to make clear rules about it.

In my heart you will stay infp forever :)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
If you feel like intj, then go for it. Make it quick tho before the nazis start to patent the mbti and start to make clear rules about it.

In my heart you will stay infp forever :)

Entropie, in my heart you will still be the little blue eyed brown haired boy I once knew oh so many years ago.
:wubbie:

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Cat avatar.

Really I doubt that any INTJ male would be able to mistake himself for an INFP. A balanced INTJ might look a bit like a balanced INFP eventually, but he'd be aware of a long and painful road which had led him against his natural inclinations to that point.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could see you as an INTJ with a background that has softened you up, but didn't you say somewhere that you are attracted to TJs, including a masochistic attraction to ESTJs? That would be my biggest strike against INTJ.

This is another thing that's odd, I'm not really attracted to feelers as much as I am thinkers romantically. As for the ESTJ attraction usually it's on the surface and I think it's just that Te attraction. Even with well rounded ESTJs we have issues with communication and such.

As for strikes against INFP, I don't see any evidence that you use Ne...?

Hmm, I dunno.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Cat avatar.

Really I doubt that any INTJ male would be able to mistake himself for an INFP. A balanced INTJ might look a bit like a balanced INFP eventually, but he'd be aware of a long and painful road which had led him against his natural inclinations to that point.

I dunno, JivinJeffJones...

The functions are very similar so it wouldn't that much of a stretch..

Maybe BC was mistyped from the start?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is interesting, do you test quite high on N (relative to the other dichotomies)?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm borderline on everything.

EDIT: Thank you for the response heart. :)

:doh: can't believe I didn't see that... :laugh:

How do you manage that when you do the tests?

heart

heart on fire
BC, I always think you seem ENFP..but if you perceive Ni, maybe INFJ? The last part of your Op could well be Ni/Fe.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you manage that when you do the tests?

I took one just now and got INTP, with weak preferences.

BC, I always think you seem ENFP..but if you perceive Ni, maybe INFJ? The last part of your Op could well be Ni/Fe.

I really doubt ENFP or INFJ. I can't relate to any INFJ or ENFP I've met really. INFJs are just... no. Can't relate to them. And I can't relate to being an Ne dom.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I vote INFP. Never doubted IxFP. You remind me a lot of my INFP father -- a bit dark for an INFP, not as complacent, and good use of Ni. You also share the same Enneatype that seems to produce a calm personality on the surface, but with nearly palpable energy beneath. His results are N>I>F>P. He is also deeply bothered by emotional outbursts, he say it disturbs his inner peace like heart said. I wonder if other INFPs can relate to that as well.

It also seems the INTJs I know who've been subjected to great stress while younger (all of them, actually), buried their Fi, not developed it. Their Fi is locked in a padlocked chest at the bottom of the Dead Sea.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
have you considered isfp?

i get the sense of Fi dom from you. and Fi Se Ni makes pretty good sense for you, no? your writing is very very concrete. you focus on real world examples from your life.

i don't see Fe. i definitely don't see dom Ni. so i don't think inj makes a whole lot of sense. do you identify with Si at all?

and what were you like as a kid, does the ifp description fit you best or perhaps itj or another? as far as enneagram goes, i think the 9w8 enneagram makes the most sense for isfp too, i think.

heart

heart on fire
I really doubt ENFP or INFJ. I can't relate to any INFJ or ENFP I've met really. INFJs are just... no. Can't relate to them. And I can't relate to being an Ne dom.

I meant to type ENFJ instead of ENFP. The last part of your OP really sounds like a mix of Fe/Ni or Ni/Fe. The "knowing" what someone else is feeling and the strong outward concern for others.