• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

BlackCat- INTJ? INFP? ISFP?

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
BlackCat is ISFP. I would know, seeing how I talk to him quite a bit. And also because I'm magical.

So you can start believing now.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hereby say that I'm an ESTP.

Because I am balanced on E/I, I relate to S and N, I'm balanced on T and F, and also on P and J.

So therefore ESTP. And probably something different tomorrow like ESFJ.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
AND NO I'M NOT BEING SERIOUS!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The first post saying ESTP should have been sarcastic enough :p

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Black Cat, how about you just do a different type everyday and pick the end at the end of which people were most nice to you as. :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I should change to INFJ OneWithSoul?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
So I should change to INFJ OneWithSoul?

You should be an ESFJ tomorrow like you said, and then turn into an INFJ and just go through the types you haven't been..

You know..try on a few pairs'a pants..see which one you like best.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh I like ISFP the best, but no one will see me as an ISFP that is coming out of tertiary temptation who's Se has been suppressed and which is coming out, so they will think I'm an INFP and my input will be useless.

So whatever. :D

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Oh I like ISFP the best, but no one will see me as an ISFP that is coming out of tertiary temptation who's Se has been suppressed and which is coming out, so they will think I'm an INFP and my input will be useless.

So whatever. :D

After a day, ISFP makes perfect sense, BC. I couldn't see it at all until I opened up Pls understand Meh II. I do believe you are ISFP, it makes perfect sense.

They're just haters, Black Cat. That little light of yours, you should let it shine.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah these people in Ventrilo are just making me a bit angry because they are doubting it. I think you're right, it will set in.

Thanks for caring. :D

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Don't worry I still support you with a million NF :hug:.

Be ISFP, just let it settle in a bit and give others time to see you a new way.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There needs to be an actual ISFP description, like describing their mental processes. I've NEVER seen any profile do that, at all, why? :doh:
Berens' "Introduction to the Personality Type code".

This site and a few others give the first two functions:
Myers Briggs and articles about the MBTI
LOL you confused me with Victor? :rofl1:
I guess because you both went by INFP, and he did have a black feline for his avatar for awhile, and you both seem to have this skeptical edge...
Behind the scenes as INP or ISF... fits with ISFP/INFP. My first reaction to things is more of a T reaction. I don't really think of the ethical stuff behind people's actions but more of stupid vs not stupid. Mostly a T reaction. I only judge people's behaviors if something really irks me or gets under my skin.

I am definitely in between and moderate on directing and informing. I do relate to both very well. Nice observation! :)
Looking again at your Five Temperament scores:

Melancholy- 60
Phlegmatic- 56
Choleric- 48
Sanguine- 46
Supine- 42

ISFP would suggest Phlegmatic mixed with Sanguine. That SP is Sanguine is agreed by everyone who matched the temperament groups to the humors. Now you're wearing ESTP. That would be Choleric Sanguine. [at press time. Now, I see you've just changed it back along with your avatar].
But for you, Sanguine is on the lower end. MelPhleg would suggest INFJ, and PhlegMel would suggest ISFJ. You're not looking at those, and you don't seem like them. MelChlor would be INTJ, ChlorMel would be ESTJ, PhlegChlor would be INTP, and ChlorPhleg would be ENFJ. Of those, only INTJ you have considered.
And many others who participated in the "stupid vs bad" concept thread, it did match their T/F preference, so you definitely sound more like a T there.

So I don't know. I would think INTJ (which has the same cognitive makeup as ISFP). Or again, just being inbetween (Phlegmatic), you come out as possibly anything. (And if that's true, that test result, with Melancholy as strongest, would be wrong anyway).

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah these people in Ventrilo are just making me a bit angry because they are doubting it. I think you're right, it will set in.

Sorry if I was one of those that made you angry. Like I said, you know yourself better than anybody else does. If I pounce on something and say "this makes you NF", I'm mostly just kidding. And I was just trying to understand about the "tertiary temptation" stuff, because it didnt make much sense to me.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you for your entry Eric. You sure do know your stuff with the temperaments! :)

Sorry if I was one of those that made you angry. Like I said, you know yourself better than anybody else does. If I pounce on something and say "this makes you NF", I'm mostly just kidding. And I was just trying to understand about the "tertiary temptation" stuff, because it didnt make much sense to me.

Oh I know that you weren't being serious Jeffster. You were more supportive than anything really. :)

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This is another thing that's odd, I'm not really attracted to feelers as much as I am thinkers romantically. As for the ESTJ attraction usually it's on the surface and I think it's just that Te attraction. Even with well rounded ESTJs we have issues with communication and such.

In my observation thinkers are often romantically attracted to feelers and vice versa. So I'm not sure that your attraction to thinkers is an argument for your being a thinker, could be the opposite. Also, it sounds like your ESTJ attraction is surface-level, however, I will note that ESTJ+INFP is a common pairing.

Then again, in posts of yours that I've read you do seem to have strong T tendencies, though I couldn't say if it's Te or Ti. I remember thinking to myself, "That somehow doesn't sound like an INFP." I suppose INTP is not a possibility for you? That might explain some of the similarities you experience with INFP? A couple of the INTPs I know can actually be quite emotionally sensitive at times, and in private moments they seem to care very, very deeply and sincerely for their close friends and loved ones (perhaps partly because of that "blindspot" Fe?). Just a thought.

heart

heart on fire
LOL you confused me with Victor?

I guess because you both went by INFP, and he did have a black feline for his avatar for awhile, and you both seem to have this skeptical edge...

Victor has admitted on here that someone from the board "assigned" him INFP and so that's why he put it into his profile. He also says repeatedily that he doesn't think MBTI is valid at all. So he's probably not the best example of how to type someone else as INFP. :D

In my observation thinkers are often romantically attracted to feelers and vice versa.

That's not a given.