• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

BlackCat- INTJ? INFP? ISFP?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
That is such an NF explanation.

Yeah. So is the wanting to fit in a box thing. SPs don't want to fit in boxes. Neither do NTs unless they are conducting some sort of box-related experiment.

SJs want to fit in groups usually, but not necessarily boxes.

So, by that extremely scientific process of elimination, you are NF.

I tend to take people's word for it on I/E., and you've consistently typed yourself as an I.

That leaves the J/P thing, and you seem far too laid back and unscheduled/structured to be a J.

So, the verdict is INFP.

The Jeffster has spoken. And it was good.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd say ISFP because you have a directness about you I don't tend to see in INFPs, as well as a way of grounding yourself in reality, that I usually encounter in ISFPs (such as Jeffster :alttongue:)

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I could see you as an INTJ with a background that has softened you up

INTJ was kinda silly to consider

:blush: I think I was trying to be extra openminded after this exchange:

It seems like everyone has this premise that anyone who thinks they're INFJ first can't be INTP. I understand why people would think that and I see why it seems unlikely, but what if I'm just the rare case that's actually right?

That is admittedly a rule of thumb for me (...)

But this morning I have to agree with this:

It also seems the INTJs I know who've been subjected to great stress while younger (all of them, actually), buried their Fi, not developed it. Their Fi is locked in a padlocked chest at the bottom of the Dead Sea.

That said, I 'get' your posts like that of no INFP. It would make sense to me if we had the same top four functions in different order (ISFP).

The S descriptions suck. :( Allow me to quote myself again (from INTPc):

It seems like the N profiles are written as best cases, whereas the S profiles are written as averages. Sure, there may be a lot of ISTP mechanics out there, but what are my colleagues in business going to find aspirational in that description? If the INTP description was rewritten as an average, it would probably be "The Unemployed Geek" instead of the philosopher-sounding "The Thinker". Similarly, what INTJ doesn't prefer the sound of "The Scientist" to the probably more universal "The Know-It-All"? ;)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If BlackCat gets to be INTJ I want to be ENTJ too ! xD

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^You do not get to be ENTJ. You get to be ENTP though, because you are.

Black Cat-

Who cares what functions say. I can't see you as an S. You're way too dynamic and have the depth and intellect of an N. Sure functions can prove that ISFPs have secondary Ni or whatever, but you still are an N.
Oh, but this is very important.

ISFP is Fi Se Ni Te and INFP is Fi Ne Si Te. How are these so different? Neither are primary N/S. Both perceiving functions are in clear access.

You said: "You're way too dynamic and have the depth and intellect of an N."

It is a bit of a smack to the sensors, don't you think?

+1

That statement just made me think that he doesn't understand Sensing very well and/or hasn't had much experience with it. I also wouldn't be so quick to judge a whole 8 types and millions of people as being so cognitively similar. There is plenty of difference between ESTJ and ISFP, for example, and room within type for individual preferences.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
*kicks the garbage can out of frustration and runs screaming out of the house* :cry:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In the Five Temperament Test discussion, he came out solidly Phlegmatic, which seemed to fit INFP, or "Behind The Scenes-Catalyst". However, he does seem a bit more T'ish at times. When I started the "kneejerk reactions" thread, I had him in mind, but I was confusing him with Victor, another professing INFP who is more skeptical like we would exprect from a T.

INFP is probably more Supine, or perhaps some mixture of Supine and Phlegmatic, but if Black Cat is really purely on the Phlegmatic side, he is probably very moderate and inbetween on the directing-informing scale. Inasmuch as he seems solidly I, he would be between Behind the Scenes (ISF/INP) and Chart the Course (IST/INJ), and can seem like either.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
BlackCat, just talking to you on Vent, I really do not see Fe. So I think INFJ is out. (I don't see Ti, either, but I don't think xxTP was one of your ponderings, so that's probably irrelevant.)

Ne really seems to annoy you though.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:blush: I think I was trying to be extra openminded after this exchange:

But this morning I have to agree with this:

That said, I 'get' your posts like that of no INFP. It would make sense to me if we had the same top four functions in different order (ISFP).

The S descriptions suck. :( Allow me to quote myself again (from INTPc):

Yeah I don't blame you for being open minded... in fact I think that that's great that you are. I probably would be too after that. You should stick to being open minded with your problem solving. ;)

I think I initially thought INTJ because of the Ni... I know that I use it in some way. I "get" the NTJs very well, and not really the NFPs. I've asked around and I don't think that I really USE Ne that much honestly... perhaps if I'm an ISFP if was Se and Ni working together... most of the things that I make "weird" comments about to appear Ne like are taken from tangible things, the most obvious and relevant things, and then twisting them a little bit and expanding on them or viewing them from a different viewpoint. That sounds Ni to me.

There needs to be an actual ISFP description, like describing their mental processes. I've NEVER seen any profile do that, at all, why? :doh:

In the Five Temperament Test discussion, he came out solidly Phlegmatic, which seemed to fit INFP, or "Behind The Scenes-Catalyst". However, he does seem a bit more T'ish at times. When I started the "kneejerk reactions" thread, I had him in mind, but I was confusing him with Victor, another professing INFP who is more skeptical like we would exprect from a T.

INFP is probably more Supine, or perhaps some mixture of Supine and Phlegmatic, but if Black Cat is really purely on the Phlegmatic side, he is probably very moderate and inbetween on the directing-informing scale. Inasmuch as he seems solidly I, he would be between Behind the Scenes (ISF/INP) and Chart the Course (IST/INJ), and can seem like either.

LOL you confused me with Victor? :rofl1:

Behind the scenes as INP or ISF... fits with ISFP/INFP. My first reaction to things is more of a T reaction. I don't really think of the ethical stuff behind people's actions but more of stupid vs not stupid. Mostly a T reaction. I only judge people's behaviors if something really irks me or gets under my skin.

I am definitely in between and moderate on directing and informing. I do relate to both very well. Nice observation! :)

BlackCat, just talking to you on Vent, I really do not see Fe. So I think INFJ is out. (I don't see Ti, either, but I don't think xxTP was one of your ponderings, so that's probably irrelevant.)

Ne really seems to annoy you though.

Ti and Fe are my least used processes. :) And rampant Ne does annoy me.

Keep it coming people, I really am starting to get convinced of ISFP. I think people have been thinking N because of my insight and love of theory (theory that matters to me or is applicable is what they don't realize). I do show traits of S types and also traits of N types.

Here is a post I made about which traits fit me for the dichotomies, I should have bolded "complicated" under intuitive, but yeah-

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...1-preference-traits-fit-you-2.html#post702682

I also want to add that I can pretty much relate to Wolfy, like, a lot. He's also a 9w8, I figured that that was the reason behind it.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I'll try on ISFP and see how it fits. :cool:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Welcome to the club! Let's go burn stuff...

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm going to set aside my case and be open about this Black Cat. I thought about it, and I think ISFP, based on the functions which really are a bit relevant, may be something for you to try out.

I'd love to see what you think and how you'll get a feel for things. You do seem a bit Jeffster-like (minus the half-naked avatars :D)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that this might be the case, if I am ISFP-

I grew up depressed in my main stages of psychological development. Depressed and stressed. My mom was insane and in a cult, my dad was getting remarried to someone I just couldn't get along with and ended up living with her (ESTJ that had no idea about my needs). I was pretty much depressed for most of my younger years (13-18), and stressed a good bit of that time too. So...

I think I might have been through tertiary temptation and developed Ni over Se. I have been noticing the Se coming around in me as I get happier and more content with life. My Te has also been coming around.

I might have had Ne nurtured into me, because every friend I have uses Ne except for an INFJ.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Nice having you as INFP while it lasted. ;) In other news, WHOO, another SP friend to chat with! Love you guys. :D

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I am happy for you in your new clothes, and I'll keep observing to see how they fit!

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I think you're definitely IxxP, leaning towards F. The N vs. S, I don't know about that one, but I see you are a Sensor now. Welcome.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey, it's great to finally find yourself. I know it was a great feeling for me. I'm happy for you!!! :hug: