• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

BlackCat- INTJ? INFP? ISFP?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hey, you know, now that you're ISFP it'll be a hell of a lot easier to write that ISFP description.

Yeah, he can just write "DUDE. WE ARE SO TOTALLY AWESOMESAUCE."

;)

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Well, I just want to lend a word of support for your self-exploration, Black Cat.

I think its great that you're willing to go out on a limb like this. Very commendable. :)

And furthermore, I really like your theory about tertiary temptation, and Im considering expanding on it myself.

To be honest, I'm a little afraid of the shitstorm of criticism I might receive, but nevertheless, I'm inspired by your bold moves, my brotha. ;)

:yes:

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
By the way, there are several possibilities with Tertiary Temptation, I think.

Here's one that just popped into my mind:

What if you really are an INFP, but somewhere in your development you largely lost faith in your Secondary Ne?

As far as I can remember (and please correct me if I'm wrong), you were raised (at least part of the time) by an ENFJ who was pretty irrational ( a member of a cult, no less) and that it caused you a great deal of stress/pain/confusion growing up.

Maybe you associate Intuitiveness with irrationality, unpredicatability, gullibility, etc. and therefore you mistrust(to some degree) your own Intuitiveness.

Then, as a result of this loss of faith in Intuition, you have attempted for many years to use your Tertiary Si, with enough success to make you seem different than other INFPs, but not enough to lose your essential INFP nature.

Furthermore, it seems likely that an irrational, Extraverted Feeling parent would frequently step over an Introverted Feeling child's boundaries, pushing the Introverted Feeling child into "fight or flight" mode, or in other words, into a very defensive position much of the time.

If you were exposed to a consistently stressful atmosphere as a child (which it sounds like you were), it is very possible that you would have frequently used your Tertiary function as a defense, thereby leaving your Secondary function relatively undeveloped.

I should mention that I've heard you say that you don't entirely distrust Intuition, so I'm not saying you are 100% against it. But I'm fairly certain you have expressed a tangible degree of discomfort/skepticism about it.

I might also add that, since you have only recently come out of childhood ---(aren't you still in your teens?)---these things would still be very much on the surface for you, and therefore, all the more relevant than if we were talking about a much older adult.

To sum up, you may be an INFP who has some degree of mistrust in his own Intuition and/or an excessive use of Tertiary Temptation which results in a relatively undeveloped Ne.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
It doesn't really matter how many people tell you baselessly that you're wrong.

You can say 2+2=4 in a room full of morons, and they can call you names and yell at you all day. In the end, you're still right. Volume of negativity doesn't matter, substance of negativity does.

Go with whatever you think feels right, as long as you can back it up and aren't just doing it for attention or to "try out" a new type like some of the failures here do. Seems to me like you legitimately think that you're an S, and only you know what you think like, so I'd say go for it (lol run-on sentence).

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree that bestfittype has the best descriptions hands down for that reason -- it's the actual people of the type discussing how they experience their type. If you can relate to the ISFP profile very much, and the INFP one not at all, chances are you really are an ISFP.

So I'm glad you are an ISFP now (not that you weren't before!). It's looking better under your kitty avatar already :D

Bestfittype is good for that reason, yes, but it also fails to take into account weaknesses that the person can't see in himself. That's a big problem.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bestfittype is good for that reason, yes, but it also fails to take into account weaknesses that the person can't see in himself. That's a big problem.

A big problem in terms of typing oneself? Or just in general?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Not so much in terms of typing oneself as in terms of recognizing the common weaknesses of each type. Bestfittype says little to nothing about them because they're all self-descriptions so they all focus almost entirely on the positives.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heh. Well there's no way in hell I'm an ISFP.

I honestly just can't really... see myself as one. Even though I can't relate to many qualities of the NFPs, I especially can't relate to the SFPs. They are just too different from me. I can at least relate to some of the NFPs I encounter, but the SFPs seem like totally different animals.

I think that I can relate to the bestfittype description because I'm borderline S/N.

I also wanted to see how people would react if I seriously considered another type. My curiosity has been fulfilled. ;)

So, yeah. I made myself look like an idiot here, but it's been fun. :cool:

Back to being me like I was when I changed my type tag.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Heh. Well there's no way in hell I'm an ISFP.

I honestly just can't really... see myself as one. Even though I can't relate to many qualities of the NFPs, I especially can't relate to the SFPs. They are just too different from me. I can at least relate to some of the NFPs I encounter, but the SFPs seem like totally different animals.

I think that I can relate to the bestfittype description because I'm borderline S/N.

I also wanted to see how people would react if I seriously considered another type. My curiosity has been fulfilled. ;)

So, yeah. I made myself look like an idiot here, but it's been fun. :cool:

Back to being me like I was when I changed my type tag.

Aw I kinda liked ISFP on you.
I still think you're ISNFP.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aw I kinda liked ISFP on you.
I still think you're ISNFP.

Since I can't be ISNFP, I'm just going to be "SEXY".

I do agree with you too. :)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
:laugh:

Wow, that didn't last long! But anyway,. rock on, bro. Whatever label anyone might slap on you, I think you are a thoughtful and interesting person. And..*ahem*..yeah, the "sexy" thing...might...apply...I'm afraid I can't comment...*cough* So...how bout that Alison Angel, eh? Hottieeeee. :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:laugh:

Wow, that didn't last long! But anyway,. rock on, bro. Whatever label anyone might slap on you, I think you are a thoughtful and interesting person. And..*ahem*..yeah, the "sexy" thing...might...apply...I'm afraid I can't comment...*cough* So...how bout that Alison Angel, eh? Hottieeeee. :D

Heh. You know it. ;)

I was just about to ask you, can you get on vent? I need to ask you something about audio recording.

Ahahaha, perfect.

I'm glad you agree. :D

FlamingMask

MBTI Type
INTp
Must... pigeonhole...

IxFP (from someone's functionpatterns Word File):

Fi
Se/Ne
Ni/Si
Te/Fe
Ti

BlackCat: Fi>Se>Ne>Ni>Te>Si>Ti>Fe

Switch Te with Si and Ti with Fe and BAM. It's close, anyway. And people take tests and get different results all the time. I'd say this is a solid type for you, but SEXY isn't bad.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, they say that INFP's are the ones who change their type back and forth; you know; that search for True Self...
Anyway, Pure Phlegmatic it is, again!