• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP or ISFP?

Sauropsidian

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hi, I know that I decided that I was an INFP, but I realize that I could be wrong since I don't fully understand the differences, and so I'll ask you all for help in deciding which I am.

My type might be subjective since I've been like, semi-depressed for over a year now, but anyways:

I'm not much of a hands-on learner, although I do have a tendency to examine and touch things w/ my hands (when I wore a watch, whenever I was uncomfortable or bored I'd unravel it and put it back on)

It does take a while for me to open up to people

If I'm really interested in something, I'm absolutely dedicated in it, I love researching and learning about things that interest me.

I'm not a very physical person

I'm generally very polite and try to avoid conflicts

Most of the people I hang out with are female (I'm male)

I'd describe myself as intellectual to some degree.

If that isn't enough information, please ask me questions and I'll try to answer.

heart

heart on fire
Do you have any fascination with understanding the evil side of life, fight evil by knowing what it is?

ladyinspring

MBTI Type
INFP
All that you said sounds INFP to me. What do you mean you love researching things you're interested in? I spend a lot of time researching things that strike my fancy and it sounds very much more like an INFP thing to do than an ISFP thing, but we might mean different things by it.

Sauropsidian

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
heart, hmm, I've never really considered it.

ladyinspring, I mean that I'll read books on it, browse on the internet, tv, that sort of thing

metaphours, alright :p

ElusiveRain

MBTI Type
INFP
Do you value in others qualities such as altruism, sacrifice, and reflection? Or do those things make you skeptical about motive?

B

brainheart

You might not be very physical, but how do you relate to the exterior world? Do you notice little details (a nest in a tree, the sound of tires on snow) that others don't necessarily notice, and do you derive pleasure from noticing those things?

I know what you mean about wanting to touch things with your hands. One of my favorite things when I walk is to run my fingers along a chain-link fence. I love touching things and I often feel like I don't fully 'get' something until I put my hands on it- or smell it, or study it carefully. It's what makes it complete for me.

It is easy for me not to be physical, especially when I'm depressed. But getting out in the open air, looking at things, listening to music, moving my body usually makes me feel better- if I truly get out, don't superficially get out- by this I mean I'm not just going for a walk but still focused internally, but am actually present.

I love researching and learning, too. Do you find that when you learn about stuff you are especially drawn to concrete examples vs exclusive theory? By this I mean, if you are reading something theoretical, does it seem a little unclear until you read an example of how it would be applied to reality?

Whoa, I just noticed how old this is! Well, maybe someone else will learn something from it...