• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you type someone with multiple personalities?

chasingAJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
FIVE
*sigh*

okay so I did the test again this morning and *drum roll* it says

I *sorta* exhibit *some* of the symptoms that would lead the doctors to diagnose me with DID... is there any hope of finding something accurate?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
*sigh*

okay so I did the test again this morning and *drum roll* it says

I *sorta* exhibit *some* of the symptoms that would lead the doctors to diagnose me with DID... is there any hope of finding something accurate?

Simple.

Have each of the multiple personalities take the test. ;)

I could see you as INTJ, FWIW. That "Walden" thing sounds more INTJ than INFJ. I kind of end up isolating myself, but I'm not quite as content with it. I could see an INTJ being a little more content with it.

chasingAJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
FIVE
That's worth trying, I've always seen myself as a chameleon because I blend well in any setting.

I know that the IN stands...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You don't have multiple personalities... that test you took is terrible. Here are two results I've gotten from there-

Most recent

160395.png

A couple of months ago

160396.png

You don't have multiple personalities... and you aren't an INXX. That test is just bad. It's one or the other style of scoring isn't good, and it gives overly stereotypical questions and answers to said questions to determine the dichotomies. Plus with the one or the other style of questioning the results can vary based on your mood.

This test has always scored me as INFP. Free Jung Personality Test

EDIT: And no matter what you score, you will always function as one personality type. If you've verified that you function like an INFJ (Ni Fe Ti Se) and think that the fact that you scored INTP changes that, well, you pretty much fail at life.

chasingAJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
FIVE
EDIT: And no matter what you score, you will always function as one personality type. If you've verified that you function like an INFJ (Ni Fe Ti Se) and think that the fact that you scored INTP changes that, well, you pretty much fail at life.

This is hilarious! I kinda wondered if I should be offended but this sounds like something I would say... I don't know how I verify if I function like anything... The INTJ thing sounded more like me on that site... but I'll try the link you gave me. The bottom line is that no matter what letters you put after my name (personality type, diagnosis or education) I'm just me. If I were so easily swayed by social pressure, I would be too busy watching TV to know this place existed :newwink:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is hilarious! I kinda wondered if I should be offended but this sounds like something I would say... I don't know how I verify if I function like anything... The INTJ thing sounded more like me on that site... but I'll try the link you gave me. The bottom line is that no matter what letters you put after my name (personality type, diagnosis or education) I'm just me. If I were so easily swayed by social pressure, I would be too busy watching TV to know this place existed :newwink:

It makes more of an effect if you're slightly offensive. :D

But do you know of the function order of the INFJ? Type isn't just about descriptions.

chasingAJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
FIVE
Jung Test Results

Introverted (I) 55.56% Extroverted (E) 44.44%
Intuitive (N) 61.11% Sensing (S) 38.89%
Thinking (T) 60% Feeling (F) 40%
Perceiving (P) 54.05% Judging (J) 45.95%

Your type is: INTP

chasingAJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
FIVE
INTP
loner, more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, wrestles with the meaninglessness of existence, likes esoteric things, disorganized, messy, likes science fiction, can be lonely, observer, private, can't describe feelings easily, detached, likes solitude, not revealing, unemotional, rule breaker, avoidant, familiar with the darkside, skeptical, acts without consulting others, does not think they are weird but others do, socially uncomfortable, abrupt, fantasy prone, does not like happy people, appreciates strangeness, frequently loses things, acts without planning, guarded, not punctual, more likely to support marijuana legalization, not prone to compromise, hard to persuade, relies on mind more than on others, calm

favored careers:
philosopher, game designer, scientist, software engineer, freelance artist, research scientist, assassin, freelance writer, physicist, software developer, mathmetician, geologist, computer scientist, philosophy professor, webmaster, slacker, medical researcher, painter, mortician, systems analyst, comic book artist, computer technician, website designer, scholar, archeologist, computer repair, forensic anthropologist, astronaut, researcher, historian, systems engineer, genetics researcher, astronomer, enviromental scientist, egyptologist

disfavored careers:
human resources, public relations, social worker, guidance counselor, health care worker, trainer, school teacher, wedding planner, movie star, hospitality worker, supervisor, child care worker, fundraiser, customer service, stay at home parent, office administrator

This isn't me... close but just not. I'm all about compromise and taking problems to the intellectual. This sounds like a stagnant person IMO and would drive me nuts. I am a planner and a note taker and a list maker. I was also a stay at home mom and will probably go into HR with a sociology degree...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's probably because INTPs and INFJs both have unconscious Ti, and you're relating to them on that level. The INFJ function order is Ni>Fe>Ti>Se. The first one function (the INFJ's is Ni) is unconscious and completely natural to you, the second one (for INFJ's is Fe) it is pretty strong and somewhat unconscious, but to get in touch with it it requires some conscious effort (but not much), the third one (Ti for INFJs) is basically how you get relief. You go to this when you are worried about something, and you're constantly doing this process to make you more secure in things. The last one, (Se for INFJs) is a weakness. It tends to bring you down, and at the same time it's the doorway for personal growth.

Ni- Introverted iNtuiting
Fe- Extraverted Feeling
Ti- Introverted Thinking
Se- Extraverted Sensing

These aren't the best, you'd have to get some books on MBTI to get a better INFJ description and to read about what each of the functions does for them.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is also plenty of information on INFJs on the internet or here if you wanna find out more about the functions.

chasingAJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
FIVE
Okay, it's time for me to walk away and let this all sink in before my head pops. TY TY

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Full color, direct head shot as avatar? Not INFJ.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It's probably because INTPs and INFJs both have unconscious Ti, and you're relating to them on that level. The INFJ function order is Ni>Fe>Ti>Se. The first one function (the INFJ's is Ni) is unconscious and completely natural to you, the second one (for INFJ's is Fe) it is pretty strong and somewhat unconscious, but to get in touch with it it requires some conscious effort (but not much), the third one (Ti for INFJs) is basically how you get relief. You go to this when you are worried about something, and you're constantly doing this process to make you more secure in things. The last one, (Se for INFJs) is a weakness. It tends to bring you down, and at the same time it's the doorway for personal growth.

Ni- Introverted iNtuiting
Fe- Extraverted Feeling
Ti- Introverted Thinking
Se- Extraverted Sensing

These aren't the best, you'd have to get some books on MBTI to get a better INFJ description and to read about what each of the functions does for them.

Don't be too sure:

comparison of Jung's 8 types

INFJ Profile

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That link "comparison of jung's 8 types" is pretty good, and that INFJ profile is meh. I was going to link it but decided to not.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Looks like an INTJ score to me, INTPs and INTJs often test the wrong way around. There are plenty of INTPs out there that suspect that they might be INTJs. It's because of the dominant function in INTPs and INTJs. For an INTP, their Ti is a judging function, which increases the J score somewhat, for an INTJ, their Ni is a perceiving function, which again, increases the P score of the INTJ. The two types often score INTX. Seeing as you don't agree with the INTP definitions, I would believe that you are an INTJ, or at least INFJ, but since you are a gal, your T may be seem less prevalent => T.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
You don't.

MBTI was designed for psychologically healthy people.
If you have a psychological disorder you can't officially be typed.

chasingAJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
FIVE
That's so funny. I just came back here to say that I've processed everything and took a few more scoring tests online and have settled on INTJ.

I started a strange habit as a child of challenging myself and it sort of wrapped into this unconscious self-sabotage problem. I often feel "comfortable" doing things that I don't actually like so that I have something to work on. I'm always working from the moment I wake up until the moment I sleep. Housework, school work, child raising, emotional work, intellectual development... :run: I even see relaxing as a skill to develop. I sometimes force myself to meditate while the phone rings and there is something I "should" be doing, to stretch my flexibility. I'm always doing something in my head, typically 4 or 5 somethings. I think this tendency to feel "natural" doing things that I don't really feel drawn to makes the scoring hard, especially when it's an either/or situation.

For the record, multiples is an easy way to EXPLAIN what's going on in my head, that doesn't mean that I actually BELIEVE that there are so many of me.

chasingAJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
FIVE
You don't.

MBTI was designed for psychologically healthy people.
If you have a psychological disorder you can't officially be typed.

I'd love to find someone who is psychologically healthy... if you haven't picked up a copy of the DSMIV lately, you probably have a psychological disorder. Regardless, I think I've figured it out...

The social construct of "mental illness" is my thesis so I'm a little :steam: about the whole "you can't join our club" idea.