• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Debating Enneagram Type: CP 6w5 vs 8?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had no intention of starting fights, I entered the thread because it was interesting and I know a little bit about 6w5s (although not much about 8s as of yet). I'm possibly a 6w7, 6s aren't bad, I don't know where you're getting that vibe from.

The 6 thing was a joke because the idea of leading an imaginary revolt is more interesting than my own thread to me at this point.

I didn't have a problem with Jaguar until this thread. I should have probably thought of PMing him at the time instead of trashing your thread. Is that what you mean by directly?

Yessir.

I don't see what that has to do with balls.

All the 8 vs 6 comments towards him seemed like end-around hostility rather than legitimate inquiry, which struck me as cowardice (your chosen method of approach, not the lack of legitimate inquiry), hence balls.

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
I agree, sometimes there`s a latent prejudice towards Sixes though often from Sixes themselves. Cp Sixes are sometimes so heavily in denial of their fear that they can`t see something positive in a type whose pattern revolves around fear. Also 6w5s focus their attention on negative things. On the other hand eightish features seem to be more desirable to a lot of people, because Eights seem powerful and strong according to descriptions. However, Eights only show a lot of power and try to dominate others because deep inside they feel powerless. In my experience some people who find those eightish features desirable aren`t very fond if they encounter an Eight in person. They find them too rude and boorish.

Not all Sixes are in denial about their fear and those who know about their motivation can sometimes use it their advantage. As a result of their mistrust, they are aware of a lot of things other people will miss. In comparison Eights sometimes don`t get subtle hints.

Jaguar

How to Get Along with Me

* Stand up for yourself... and me.
* Be confident, strong, and direct.
* Don't gossip about me or betray my trust.
* Be vulnerable and share your feelings. See and acknowledge my tender, vulnerable side.
* Give me space to be alone.
* Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don't flatter me.
* I often speak in an assertive way. Don't automatically assume it's a personal attack.
* When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that's just the way I am.

What I Like About Being a Eight

* being independent and self-reliant
* being able to take charge and meet challenges head on
* being courageous, straightforward, and honest
* getting all the enjoyment I can out of life
* supporting, empowering, and protecting those close to me
* upholding just causes

What's Hard About Being a Eight

* overwhelming people with my bluntness; scaring them away when I don't intend to
* being restless and impatient with others' incompetence
* sticking my neck out for people and receiving no appreciation for it
* never forgetting injuries or injustices
* putting too much pressure on myself
* getting high blood pressure when people don't obey the rules or when things don't go right

Eights as Children Often

* are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit
* are sometimes loners
* seize control so they won't be controlled
* fugure out others' weaknesses
* attack verbally or physically when provoked
* take charge in the family because they perceive themselves as the strongest, or grow up in difficult or abusive surroundings

Type 8 Enneagram Type Description |9types.com

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The 6 thing was a joke because the idea of leading an imaginary revolt is more interesting than my own thread to me at this point.

Yessir.

All the 8 vs 6 comments towards him seemed like end-around hostility rather than legitimate inquiry, which struck me as cowardice (your chosen method of approach, not the lack of legitimate inquiry), hence balls.

Fuck it. The more you all post, the more I'm going to post. This is dumb, I don't care, I'm out of here. You can have your cowardice remarks.

Jaguar

wtf? I'm confused, upon reading my comments I barely said anything at all. It looks like I'm being painted into some massive douche bag troll or something :rolli:. I called him a moron and a three year old as more of a defense, I'm not going to stand for his ridiculously arrogant troll remarks... although I'll probably just ignore it next time. I don't see any cowardice yet, but maybe I'll review my "chosen method of approach"

This reminds me of a pic I saw, It had a car accident with all the enneagram types playing particular roles. Right in the middle of the wreckage, the 8 driver says: "your fault! :ng_mad:" to the 6, the 6 responds "no, your fault! :steam:".

Go back to the beginning of the thread.
I never even spoke to you yet,
and this is what you said to me:

CHILL THE FUCK OUT, IT'S JUST A FUCKING POST YOU MORON.

Your post was out of line.
I had only spoken to Marcello at that point.
My troll comment was directly under his post.

You attacked me first. I replied to your outburst.
Had you said nothing, I would have said nothing to you.
Don't shoot your mouth off like that,
and expect me to put up with it.

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Go back to the beginning of the thread.
I never even spoke to you yet,
and this is what you said to me:

CHILL THE FUCK OUT, IT'S JUST A FUCKING POST YOU MORON.

Your post was out of line.
I had only spoken to Marcello at that point.
My troll comment was directly under his post.

You attacked me first. I replied to your outburst.
Had you said nothing, I would have said nothing to you.
Don't shoot your mouth off like that,
and expect me to put up with it.

Your contractiveness just doesn't fit with the expansive type 8 personality.

It's not so bad to admit you are a 6w5...it's just a type after all.

It's just embarassing how in five short pages you have managed to become the smallest person on this thread.

Jaguar

Your contractiveness just doesn't fit with the expansive type 8 personality.

It's just embarassing how in five short pages you have managed to become the smallest person on this thread.

Added to ignore list.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree, sometimes there`s a latent prejudice towards Sixes though often from Sixes themselves. Cp Sixes are sometimes so heavily in denial of their fear that they can`t see something positive in a type whose pattern revolves around fear. Also 6w5s focus their attention on negative things. On the other hand eightish features seem to be more desirable to a lot of people, because Eights seem powerful and strong according to descriptions. However, Eights only show a lot of power and try to dominate others because deep inside they feel powerless. In my experience some people who find those eightish features desirable aren`t very fond if they encounter an Eight in person. They find them too rude and boorish.

Not all Sixes are in denial about their fear and those who know about their motivation can sometimes use it their advantage. As a result of their mistrust, they are aware of a lot of things other people will miss. In comparison Eights sometimes don`t get subtle hints.

And this is what I'm talking about. Sixes of the world get no respect. The Rebels and Loyalist need to take their rightful place as the leaders of the world. For the Sixes are the men and women for whom existentialism is more than a philosophy but a way of life: each moment is a choice to fight against the yawning abyss of despair and self-doubt. How can an 8 be truly strong if they admit no fear to begin with?

No, I say that it is the 6 who is truly the strongest of all enneagram types. The Skeptic who places his faith in fellow man is the living testament of the virtues of struggle, and possesses a stamina that others shall never have the privilege to know. We alone know that all flesh is grass, that all promises are fantasies, that all dreams are narcotics. It is from this darkling plane that we declare ourselves able to lead mankind to face a future fraught with dangers yet imagined.

So we must stand up! It is in the nature of things that the mundane and impoverished of spirit will stand against true greatness, and, have no doubt greatness is our birth right. Though it's in our nature to doubt we will not waver in the face our own destiny. We will not be afraid. We will not cower and we will never submit. Stand up and questions all but that which is already yours. We shall overcome.

Just thought I'd give yall a little taste of the upcoming Six Power rally. You should get in on the action now if youre trying to be part of the movement.

Jaguar

And this is what I'm talking about. Sixes of the world get no respect. The Rebels and Loyalist need to take their rightful place as the leaders of the world. For the Sixes are the men and women for whom existentialism is more than a philosophy but a way of life: each moment is a choice to fight against the yawning abyss of despair and self-doubt. How can an 8 be truly strong if they admit no fear to begin with?

No, I say that it is the 6 who is truly the strongest of all enneagram types. The Skeptic who places his faith in fellow man is the living testament of the virtues of struggle, and possesses a stamina that others shall never have the privilege to know. We alone know that all flesh is grass, that all promises are fantasies, that all dreams are narcotics. It is from this darkling plane that we declare ourselves able to lead mankind to face a future fraught with dangers yet imagined.

So we must stand up! It is in the nature of things that the mundane and impoverished of spirit will stand against true greatness, and, have no doubt greatness is our birth right. Though it's in our nature to doubt we will not waver in the face our own destiny. We will not be afraid. We will not cower and we will never submit. Stand up and questions all but that which is already yours. We shall overcome.

You are one seriously funny woman.
:yay:

MellowMarcello

Permabanned
Good morning again my bipedalled friends...

It goes without saying 6 is one of the most poorly articulated types. In general the primary 3-6-9 types are the hardest to properly describe.

8 and 7 are also often described wrong...but that's because the vast majority of people on the board aren't 8s or 7s...almost all 4s 5s 6s and 9s

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
8 and 7 are also often described wrong...but that's because the vast majority of people on the board aren't 8s or 7s...almost all 4s 5s 6s and 9s

In what kind of way are they described wrong? Are you only talking about board descriptions or generally?

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How can an 8 be truly strong if they admit no fear to begin with?

That's the idea of self-development for an Eight.

Also, depends on your definition of strength

No, I say that it is the 6 who is truly the strongest of all enneagram types. The Skeptic who places his faith in fellow man is the living testament of the virtues of struggle, and possesses a stamina that others shall never have the privilege to know.

A healthy Six, yeah.