• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP or INTP strange dilemma

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
How can I spot definitively if I am a rather shy and "introverted" ENTP or an INTP with Ne > than Ti?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Never, you have to forever think about it and forget all rest of life !

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
xD

Actually your question is a tough one and I have to admit, I was struggling with the same thing a long time. MBTI didnt suffice to convince me, I eventually settled with the descriptions from Socionics about the Quadras, which made some sense and helped me to at least narrow down the general idea.

If you are intrested:

Quadra - Wikisocion

I dont know tho if that's the right answer and to be honest I have quitted to think about it. This all became like a barrel without a bottom in thought for me and I quitted before I'ld go nuts.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can I perform your lobotomy? If this thread goes all over the place, chances are you're an ENTP. I find it hard to determine E/I on the internet, you can only really tell IRL, unless you are the one you are analysing. Read some E/I focused descriptions and you'll work it out quite easily. Or you can be Ambiverted, which is in fashion atm :rofl1:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Can I perform your lobotomy? If this thread goes all over the place, chances are you're an ENTP. I find it hard to determine E/I on the internet, you can only really tell IRL, unless you are the one you are analysing. Read some E/I focused descriptions and you'll work it out quite easily. Or you can be Ambiverted, which is in fashion atm :rofl1:

Nice ass, buddy :D

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here I am. Hey look, the thread is still intact?!?!!?

IMPRESSIVE!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It means if you do something nasty. Like exploding during intercourse, painting the walls red. What is tho very unlikely to happen :D

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Even though you would rather be alone, do you get energized around other people, or from being in a stimulating environment? Or do you just get tired?

Also, do you feel a compulsive need to correct people's grammar and pronunciation, or do you let it slide?

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Even though you would rather be alone, do you get energized around other people, or from being in a stimulating environment? Or do you just get tired?

A mixture. If I am with stupid people and/or stupid arguments I am tired and I would prefer do something other alone. People sometimes bore me a lot.
Otherwise if I am in a stimulating environment I like it and I am energized.
Even if I can only be an observer or alone, I like often go out and being "distracted" by people and things. But also I pass a lot of time alone with book, movies etc...

Also, do you feel a compulsive need to correct people's grammar and pronunciation, or do you let it slide?

More often I let it slide.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
A mixture. If I am with stupid people and/or stupid arguments I am tired and I would prefer do something other alone. People sometimes bore me a lot.
Otherwise if I am in a stimulating environment I like it and I am energized.
Even if I can only be an observer or alone, I like often go out and being "distracted" by people and things. But also I pass a lot of time alone with book, movies etc...

More often I let it slide.

You sound like an ENTP to me. INTPs can't help but correct you, it's a compelling instinct.

I could never fall asleep reading - all external stimuli amps me up. And I get bored around boring people, but am usually amped up after talking to someone. Unlike our little red-headed stepbrothers and sisters.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
go talk to 3 strangers

if you are unsure what you are doing the entire time and feel a bit goofy, your intp...or if the stranger gives you a weird face and laughs and continues talking to you cuz your intriguing, your intp

if not, entp

Delphyne

MBTI Type
INFP
How can I spot definitively if I am a rather shy and "introverted" ENTP or an INTP with Ne > than Ti?

I´m not sure I understand you correctly. If your Ne is bigger than your Ti, you are an ENTP. Extraverts are people who are turned towards the outer world, Introverts are turned towards their inner world. At least, this is Jung´s definition. This can be a bit abstract to type yourself, so it`s better to determine your dominant function.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I´m not sure I understand you correctly. If your Ne is bigger than your Ti, you are an ENTP. Extraverts are people who are turned towards the outer world, Introverts are turned towards their inner world. At least, this is Jung´s definition. This can be a bit abstract to type yourself, so it`s better to determine your dominant function.

Actually, my Ne and Ti are almost level, but I am definitely an ENTP.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
go talk to 3 strangers

if you are unsure what you are doing the entire time and feel a bit goofy, your intp...or if the stranger gives you a weird face and laughs and continues talking to you cuz your intriguing, your intp

if not, entp

Never happened that strangers are weird at me. Often I am polite and aloof with strangers, but when I want and I am motivated I can be a people-pleaser.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
What makes you an ENTP and not an INTP?

I thought about that for a long time, but I truly fit every ENTP description I have ever read. And while I identify a lot with INTPs, the ones that know me in irl would never call me one of their own.

I am definitely withdrawn but the more people, the more energized I get when I force myself out of the house. Also, I am someone who flits around from topic to topic and subject to subject, instead of specializing in depth like most INTPs.

But maybe I have a distorted view. I don't know. I guess if any forum members that have met me irl happen to see this thread, they might be able to comment further? I don't know, I just feel like an ENTP.